PDA

View Full Version : A Massive Thank You

Adam Savage
14-04-2012, 12:03 AM
I just want to say a massive, massive thank you, to Ash and all the moderators/admin, for creating and maintaining the Natural Bushcraft website and forum, for putting up with some of us who are constantly going off topic :rolleyes:, for giving us such a wonderful gathering place, for all the hard work that goes in to the videos, for keeping us up to date with all the great events and kit, and for being such a friendly bunch :)

Also a thanks to all the members of the site/forum, for the constant input of knowledge and banter, for keeping us loons company :p, for providing such a diverse range of personalities and views, and for all getting on so well with each other, while doing it.

I'm proud to be part of this community, and I think you all are too.

Guys n gals...you're the best of bushcraft, all in one place. Keep up the good work.

All the best to all and their families, past, present, and future.

Take care and stay safe.

Adam

T^

CanadianMike
14-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Here here! Agreed full-heartedly! Honestly, my day starts with checking emails on my Blackberry, load a kettle of water and heat up, go outside for a smoke and check FB on my BB, when water is ready and I make my first coffee of the day, I open my laptop and go right to NBC, check new posts out, then move onto other forums I have interest in, then go start checking out the news. So ya, cheers to Ashley and everyone else around here for making this forum feel like home, love the place and the people in it!

Tony1948
14-04-2012, 01:16 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR Thanks you two,I think your great to.:jumping-joy::jumping-joy:

AL...
14-04-2012, 04:30 AM
I have to agree with all thats been said :)
Ive only been here a week or so but been made to feel real welcome.
Thanks for a great site and wonderful info. As well as a good chuckel at some of the posts.

Cheers
AL

paulthefish2009
14-04-2012, 08:02 AM
What a nice thing to say Adam, I totaly agree with you. Paul

Fletching
14-04-2012, 08:16 AM
What he said!

T^

:)

happybonzo
14-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Many thanks for an excellent website and forum

If you do enjoy the site please consider making a contribution towards Ashley's running costs. It only takes a moment and it will help the forum to grow and prosper.

Ben Casey
14-04-2012, 09:05 AM
I agree :D Cant say much more than what Adam says but I dont know what he means about going of topic :D Oh Adam do you fancy going swimming LMAO

Metal mug
14-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks for giving all us shut-outs somewhere to post our insane ramblings. :D

Adam Savage
14-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for giving all us shut-outs somewhere to post our insane ramblings. :D

And they don't get much more insane than Mr mug :p

AdrianRose
14-04-2012, 08:50 PM
I would like to add my two penneth here as well if I may.

I love this site, all the folk on here are brilliant and the admin team all do a fantastic job. I have been in the past a member of a few different forums but have left them all behind. This is because they all seem to descend into little cliques who seem to spend every waking moment trying to discover new and interesting ways of pulling other folk down.

What I love about this site is the diversity of skill levels, the honesty about skill levels and the variety of topics. Every other bushcraft forum I have known seems to been full of armchair shrafters who can only talk about knives, knives, kit, knives, stuff they carved in their lounge with knives and yep, you guessed it, more knives.

So thank you to Ash, all the admin and the members for making this THE best site bar none.

Adrian.

rich290185
14-04-2012, 08:58 PM
i couldnt agree more, thanks everyone :happy-clapping:

my pocket is a lot lighter for finding this site :ashamed:

m0txr
14-04-2012, 09:36 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with all thats been said. Now who mentioned swimming? :rolleye:

Adam Savage
14-04-2012, 09:49 PM
my pocket is a lot lighter for finding this site :ashamed:

But at least you're buying the right kit that works, and has been used by others :D

markal17
14-04-2012, 10:15 PM
well said that man

Kernowek Scouser
14-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Great forum and a great bunch of people T^

Swimming? Hot tub :D

tonx
14-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Have to agree with everything thats been said! Only being doing Bushcraft for a couple of months now & nearly everything ive learnt has been from reading on this forum & then getting out there & doing it.T^

Marvell
15-04-2012, 12:46 AM
I remember the first meet fondly. I've made some great friends who I miss dearly when I'm not around.

treefrog
15-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I'll vote yay to everything said above. Great forum, just wish I had more spare time to spend on it!

Jack

alvino78
15-04-2012, 05:24 PM
many thanks to the greatest and most informative forum and site respectivley, may it go from strength to strength and continue to aid all like and open minded followers and yet to be found friends!!!T^

jus_young
15-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Agree whole heartedly with every comment made so far. Thanks to the forum the TV has faded into the background, and so has the wife. The opportunities to meet like minded folk and get out and about have opened up and I enjoy every minute of it.

Cheers to you all

Oh, Adam - when people put posts like that on FB or Twitter people usually start to get nervous. Your knives aren't too handy are they?

Adam Savage
15-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh, Adam - when people put posts like that on FB or Twitter people usually start to get nervous. Your knives aren't too handy are they?

I'm completely lost lol. How do you mean Jus :)

jus_young
15-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I just want to say a massive, massive thank you, to Ash and all the moderators/admin, for creating and maintaining the Natural Bushcraft website and forum, for putting up with some of us who are constantly going off topic :rolleyes:, for giving us such a wonderful gathering place, for all the hard work that goes in to the videos, for keeping us up to date with all the great events and kit, and for being such a friendly bunch :)

Also a thanks to all the members of the site/forum, for the constant input of knowledge and banter, for keeping us loons company :p, for providing such a diverse range of personalities and views, and for all getting on so well with each other, while doing it.

I'm proud to be part of this community, and I think you all are too.

Guys n gals...you're the best of bushcraft, all in one place. Keep up the good work.

All the best to all and their families, past, present, and future.

Take care and stay safe.

Adam

T^

Sounds like your final goodbye :D

Ashley Cawley
15-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks Adam and everyone else! :o .. I will admit maintaining the technical side of the site & forum does take quite a lot of my time/effort but you guys make it worth it :o and the moderators help me greatly, so thank you to them.

... Great forum, just wish I had more spare time to spend on it! -JackDitto - I often feel bad for not getting on here as much as I'd like sometimes, but a lot of the time I really need to get away from the computer! :(

I wanted this to be an open, honest, sharing and helpful community, sharing skills and knowledge freely - it is just that, growing day by day.

' The True Spirit of Bushcraft '

If you love the site and appreciate all that I do on here; you don't have to donate you can support the site by letting others know about it; in person, Facebook, Twitter, whatever.. just spread the word.

Thank you one and all.
T^

Adam Savage
15-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Sounds like your final goodbye :D

Ahh, I get ya lol

Thanks Adam and everyone else! :o .. I will admit maintaining the technical side of the site & forum does take quite a lot of my time/effort but you guys make it worth it :o and the moderators help me greatly, so thank you to them.

Ditto - I often feel bad for not getting on here as much as I'd like sometimes, but a lot of the time I really need to get away from the computer! :(

I wanted this to be an open, honest, sharing and helpful community, sharing skills and knowledge freely - it is just that, growing day by day.

' The True Spirit of Bushcraft '

If you love the site and appreciate all that I do on here; you don't have to donate you can support the site by letting others know about it; in person, Facebook, Twitter, whatever.. just spread the word.

Thank you one and all.
T^

It's a pleasure sir. Will have to share a few things on FB. I have over 3000 "friends", so should get interest from at least some of the more naturally minded ones :)