PDA

View Full Version : A night in the life of an Army Cadet.

Bambii
28-12-2010, 01:06 AM
This is my tale...

We had set up our basha's and were hitting the hay. I was called off to go on stag, I kept thinking I saw something (I didn't, i felt like a proper tool.). After my little bit was over I went back to my basha and went to sleep.

I dreamt i was on patrol, i was marching through the woods. I woke up!

I was stood in the middle of some woods, holding a rifle stood in my boxer shorts and white socks.

I looked around, I WAS TERRIFIED! I remembered that we had put up a glowstick, I saw it. I slowly walked towards it. On my way I tripped over alot of peoples basha's, i found the glowstick and i followed the string that we set up all round our camp.

I finally got back to what i thought was my basha, i got inside. RAGE!! I had climbing on top of someone, i hastily retreated out. I carried on following the string, thank jebus i found my basha.

I got inside i got into my sleeping bag, i slept through the night after that.

I awoke to see a sergeant staring down over to me, I hadnt actually slept in my basha i had slept on the path outside it. 'Thats not a sensible idea is it?' says the sergeant.

After that my day went normal-ISH.

Ashley Cawley
01-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Man, I'm glad I don't sleep-walk! Especially where I camped yesterday - would have probably gone off a cliff!

Poor sod, must have been embarrassing.

Aaron Rushton
01-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Cor, imagined if you dreamed you were shooting and you had the rifle in your hands! that could've been a seriously dangerous situation. This makes me glad don't sleepwalk.

Ashley Cawley
01-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Cor, imagined if you dreamed you were shooting and you had the rifle in your hands! that could've been a seriously dangerous situation. This makes me glad don't sleepwalk.
I presume because it's the cadets the rifle would have been empty or blanks at most?

Comptona
01-01-2011, 06:07 PM
bambii= am now re-condisdering my invite!!!!!!!! lol

comanighttrain
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Apparently you have full control of your faculties when you are sleep walking... I used to wander up and down the stairs in my old house turning the lights off (usually in the scud!) much to the amusement of my dad and his mates. I don't do it thankfully! I do recall being woken from my wanderings at one point as I had wandered into the living room during a party...in the buff....i was 14 i think.

Bambii
01-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it was just a drill so the rifles we used had the barrels blocked up with cement and it they weren't loaded.

It wasn't too embarrassing since it was pitch black when it happened.

@Comptona It's not a regular thing :innocent:

Metal mug
03-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Note to self - don't sleep near a railway line. :)

fish
03-01-2011, 06:19 PM
sllep walking into some other chaps basha! sounds like mr bambi is strugling with the closet!lol

happybonzo
30-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Lucky you didn't post this on ARRSE otherwise you might have got slightly different replies :)