PDA

View Full Version : 2nd June Hammock Hang

GwersyllaCnau
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
The following video is of a one nighter on the Black Mountain. The weather forecast wasn’t very good but we went anyway as we wanted to try out the tarps in wet weather, I have to say the DD tarp stood up excellently to quite a strong wing and 14 hours of constant rain, my Vango tent would have leaked.
Scott said that even though it rained it was the best HAMMOCK trip we have been on (though this is only the 3rd) because we spent about 2 hours setting up the hammocks: Adjusting the hang, the tarp and the underquilt, and thinking of some ideas to improve on it.
During the night I got woken by something tripping over one of my guy lines, then the wind kept me awake for over 2 hours.
Anyway I hope you enjoy the video.

http://youtu.be/uNsvbMVbSJI

FishyFolk
04-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Nice vid that. T^

AL...
04-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Great Vid mate and that wee lad of yours is as smart as a whip :)
Nothin like taking them out into the wilds when they are young . I miss those days with my Lads
Thanks for sharin
Cheers
AL

jus_young
04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Nice one. How well are you sleeping in the hammock now? Got over the ridge in the leg problem yet?

GwersyllaCnau
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Nice one. How well are you sleeping in the hammock now? Got over the ridge in the leg problem yet?

Not very well. Going to try and make the Grizz Bridge and if that doesnt work back to the ground for me.

GwersyllaCnau
05-06-2012, 08:01 PM
I take that last comment back. I won't be going to ground, the advantages of the hammock outweigh a little dicomfort. The hammock is fun, tweeking everything to get the setup right and getting comfy is just part of the fun and challenge. If there was only one way to pitch the hammock and ni reason to adjust and play it'd be called a tent.

I WILL get comfy in a hammock.

jus_young
05-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Without any challenges, life would be boring!!

alvino78
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Great vid! good to see your lad enjoying the camp and experience!T^

biker-bri
08-06-2012, 05:44 PM
look's like the lad carried more than his dad :happy-clapping: - good vid n good to see a young un learning that there is more to life than an xbox

GwersyllaCnau
09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
look's like the lad carried more than his dad :happy-clapping: - good vid n good to see a young un learning that there is more to life than an xbox

I'm sure he would say he did. His Bergen is 65 that he saved for himself. My bergen is 85 +15 he carried his sleeping bag and inderquilt. Fair play to him weight carried to body weight ratio he prob did carry more than me.

Jason
23-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Good vid !! thanks for sharing !!

fish
23-09-2012, 01:09 PM
brilliant mate,really enjoyed that! dunno how you got the boy to carry a ruck! mine bitch and moan if i think of asking! lol

andy202wr
23-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Great vidio. How far from the road / car park were you. Would'nt mind sleeping in the old building on the vidio.Your son semed to enjoy him self. Its great to see the younger jeneration having a go.

GwersyllaCnau
23-09-2012, 05:49 PM
brilliant mate,really enjoyed that! dunno how you got the boy to carry a ruck! mine bitch and moan if i think of asking! lol

He started with a 25L sack carrying only his sleeping bag. The sack you see in this vid is 65L and he bought it himself. He started with just his sleeping bag and underquilt though now he carries ALL his own kit except for a stove and food, which I carry.
You have to bear in mind the most of the trips we go on aren't too far to walk, which brings me to....

Great vidio. How far from the road / car park were you. Would'nt mind sleeping in the old building on the vidio.Your son semed to enjoy him self. Its great to see the younger jeneration having a go.

About 2 maybe 3 miles, takes about an hour to walk.

When we go up Pen-y-fan I end up carrying his sack as well as my own most of the way.