PDA

View Full Version : I messed up!

FishyFolk
17-06-2012, 05:30 PM
I wen't up on the mountain today, nice trip and all, and I have it on "tape". But I did a bad error.

I had arranged to call my wife from the top, or after 2 hours. And on the top i stuck my hand in my zipped up phone pocket....no phone. Found it in the charger next to the 'puter when i came home to a wife that was preparing the boys to go look for me, and the babysitter was on her way to look after the runt.

So I need to learn to take a kit check before leaving home I guess...

So can someone now please spank me?
The wife has allready boxed my ears....

:ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed:

rosseveritt
17-06-2012, 05:37 PM
As you wish - Consider yourself spanked. :P

AL...
17-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Been there ... Done that... and still have a bunk set up in the dog house lol

Cheers
AL

comanighttrain
17-06-2012, 06:06 PM
forgot my compass yesterday... spent ages looking for a hill in the clag....easy done dude

Kernowek Scouser
17-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I think your punishment should be to hand carve a naughty step.

biker-bri
17-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Is SPANKING allowed on the forum !!!! :confused: well I never -( I didn't know it was THAT kind of bushcraft) I really think there should be a less severe punishment for this kind of misdemeanor something like flogging, beheading or "tying you'r thumbs behind
you'r back on christmas morning" that should do it.:D

AdrianRose
17-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Perhaps your missus could confiscate your favourite bit of kit for a month as punishment.
;)

Ade

CanadianMike
18-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Get a 'smart phone', you'll become so addicted to it you'll realize it's not on you after about 30 seconds. Lol

treefrog
18-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Here in the third world we aren't advanced enough to have cell phone reception out in the bush.
Makes for an excellent excuse not to check in, anyway...

FishyFolk
18-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Perhaps your missus could confiscate your favourite bit of kit for a month as punishment.
;)

Ade

Thats a knife. And even if she took them all, they sell Mora 711's at the gas stations here for less than what you pay for them in the UK :-D

FishyFolk
18-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Get a 'smart phone', you'll become so addicted to it you'll realize it's not on you after about 30 seconds. Lol

I have a snmart phone. And I can't even remmebver to charge up the thing half the time...

CanadianMike
18-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Here in the third world we aren't advanced enough to have cell phone reception out in the bush.
Makes for an excellent excuse not to check in, anyway...

Good old 'two cans and a string', eh Jack?

I have a snmart phone. And I can't even remmebver to charge up the thing half the time...

So, you are saying your smartphone needs a smart owner? ;)

FishyFolk
18-06-2012, 11:53 AM
So, you are saying your smartphone needs a smart owner? ;)

Definately!

Basha72
18-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't think you'll forget it again if your wife's got anything to do with it ;-)

Dave

FishyFolk
18-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't think you'll forget it again if your wife's got anything to do with it ;-)

Dave

Yup, I'll be nagged about the effing phone everytime I stick my head out the door....

Mouldsy
18-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Like that, it's a pity they haven't made a Swiss army phone then you'd never leave home without it.

FishyFolk
18-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Like that, it's a pity they haven't made a Swiss army phone then you'd never leave home without it.

Strangely that never leaves my pocket.... :-)
But then I don't have to charge it, or use it to listen to Spotify