PDA

View Full Version : 2 days, 2 nights in the Lake District hiking, hammocking, and tramping (pics)

kINGPIN
28-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Me, bro in law and the dog went for a hike and camp in the lakes this weekend. We were in Ennerdale and it was truely the best couple of days walking I have ever done. The main focus was a hike up Pillar, no real bushcraft skills used other then a little fire as we needed to clear the mossies away. As always we left no trace.

Full pics and write up can be found here; http://thesecretcamper.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/wild-camping-and-hiking-for-2-days-and.html

Kernowek Scouser
28-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Nice little adventure you had there and some great pictures.

You must have been doing you nut looking for Bruno's back pack on the first night, I'm glad it all turned out well in the end.

Thanks for sharing T^

rosseveritt
28-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Looks like you had a great time. Great pics too. :)

FishyFolk
28-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Put's my little strolls trough the local hills to shame. Well done :-)

AL...
28-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Great write up and pics mate Thanks for sharin

Cheers
AL

kINGPIN
28-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice little adventure you had there and some great pictures.

You must have been doing you nut looking for Bruno's back pack on the first night, I'm glad it all turned out well in the end.

Thanks for sharing T^

You are damn right I was. Not only was it going to ruin the dogs experience and our trip, but the total contents run at around £50. A lot was at stake. I suppose looking back on it it was all part of the adventure, and on a positive note it made me more cautious for the next day when we were in the mointains.

Looks like you had a great time. Great pics too. :)

Thanks very much. It was only a tiny compact samsung so no fancy photography, but I am happy with most of the pics. Its pretty hard to take a bad picture in the lakes though.

Put's my little strolls trough the local hills to shame. Well done :-)

Its only a rare occasion that I get to go in the hills, but it makes me appreciate it more when I do. If you ever need any reccomendations or route suggestions feel free to PM me. If I can't help then I know people that can :)

Great write up and pics mate Thanks for sharin

Cheers
AL

Thanks very much AL.

treefrog
29-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Lots of great pictures, kINGPIN. Thanks for sharing; enjoyed your blog..

Jack.

kINGPIN
30-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks Jack, its a work work in progress.

GwersyllaCnau
30-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Nice report, a good end to a stressful start.