PDA

View Full Version : Burn O Vat

AL...
14-07-2012, 08:50 PM
well I got out yesterday for an overnight . First time with the new gearand the first time I have been camping in I dont know how long!!.
The tent stood up to a real belt of rain around 4am so that was handy but there was a bit of condensation in the tent But I excpeted worse . My son and his pal got well eaten by midgies (which was real funny watching them trying to outrun them.) :D
Had a great night and heres a couple of pics.

Cheers
AL

Martin
14-07-2012, 08:56 PM
That looked like a real good night Al. Good company and good music. I would imagine there was some good food and drink too? How did the guitars cope with the damp?

Martin

AL...
14-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Aye the food and drink was great .. Its amasing how a bacon butty tastes when cooked over a wood fire init? :)
LOL The guitars dident realy like the weather 2 snapped E strings and wouldent stay in tune for more than ten munites at a time But they are beaters of Guitars and only used for playing outdoors . Would never take the Takamine camping .

Cheers
AL

rosseveritt
14-07-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm sure I've been there. Is there a white building in the car park? It's a waterfall through a cave place. Think we went there about 4 years ago. Looks like you had a great time. :)

AL...
14-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Aye Ross there is indeed an Info center next to the carpark mate . I remember when I was a kid that building used to be a tea room and had fantastic scones.
Its one of my fave places up the Deeside.
The Vat is where Rob Roy was suposed to have hidden cattle . How the hell he would have got them in there in the first place is beyond me lol.

Cheers
AL

rosseveritt
14-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah, very thin cattle. Lol! A fantastic place. I have many happy memories in Scotland. I love it there. :)

FishyFolk
14-07-2012, 10:16 PM
That looked nice :-)
Reminds me of tghe old days with my mates. My best friend played the guitar and was a good singer too, and all that we needed to get him going was to pour a couple of beers down his neck, and hand him a guitar, and that made the night :-)

AL...
14-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Aye Rune thats kinda what they did to me lastnight too ... First beer Ive had in about 18 months!! lol
Only the one though.

Cheers
AL

Kernowek Scouser
14-07-2012, 11:03 PM
How big was the glass?

Looks like you had a grand time Al :D

AL...
15-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Wasent so much a glass more a mini Keg bud :D <(_)
But aye it was a great time and looking forward to getting out again real soon.

Cheers
AL