PDA

View Full Version : UK Hammocks EDC Hammock

voipmonkey
17-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi Everyone
not sure if any of you have seen this or are interested but Mat at UK Hammocks is bringing out an "EDC Hammock" Chair come hammock or the reason it caught my eye a Gear Hammock.
take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_6pzimCN4&feature=g-u-u

Mark

voipmonkey
19-07-2012, 04:35 PM
My EDC Hammock turned up today and i am well impressed. I got mat to make it me with a larger channel in the bottom of it so i can remove the amsteel and set it up on an A frame as well if i like. Building structures with the scouts i am sure this will happen at some points and i will post a picture.
I have taken a couple of images below to show you mats fine work..

All rapped up and it is very small. (Standard size pen :))

Weighs in at under 200g too with the amsteel cordage

Or 6.7 ounces

Here is the extra large channel mat has incorporated for me :)

and last but not by any means least it unrolled

for 15 quid i am dead impressed and the custom channel was done at no extra cost :)

i was going to use this as a gear hammock mostly but now i am not so sure :)
will get some more images when the rain finally stops and i get out to have a play :)
Mark

markal17
19-07-2012, 04:48 PM
looks good love to see more pic of it

Kernowek Scouser
19-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I have had a couple of chats with Mat about hammocks and other bits of kit and he is a really nice fella, happy to share tips and general advice, even after I ended up getting a DD Frontline. Top Bloke.

I don't currently hammock enough to justify a further gear hammock, but it does seem like a good idea, perhaps something to look at if I ever become a fully fledged swinger. Will be interested to see how you go with yours in the field.

voipmonkey
20-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I have had a couple of chats with Mat about hammocks and other bits of kit and he is a really nice fella, happy to share tips and general advice, even after I ended up getting a DD Frontline. Top Bloke.

I don't currently hammock enough to justify a further gear hammock, but it does seem like a good idea, perhaps something to look at if I ever become a fully fledged swinger. Will be interested to see how you go with yours in the field.

if i am honest i wanted a silver fox chair but one a bit bigger, when i saw this i thought kill three birds with one stone :) so i get best of both worlds and with the ability to use it on an A frame just gets better and better...

Mark