PDA

View Full Version : Cheap "Pot"

SimonB
30-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Evening all,

Had an Aldi chicken in a tray at the weekend, and realised the thick aluminium tray it comes in makes a nice size pot/pan..Fits lovely on the hexi stove to...

Folded in on itself, nice and flat, weighs next to nothing, and should see a few outings before being replaced or re-cycled into a windbreak.

biker-bri
30-07-2012, 09:46 PM
The true spirit of bushcraft - recycle, use and recycle again.

GalaxyRider
18-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh, I thought you meant cheap 'pot', I got all excited. You meant a foil dish though :(

SimonB
18-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh, I thought you meant cheap 'pot', I got all excited. You meant a foil dish though :(

LOLOLOLOL..

Just aquired a slightly smaller version, so I now have a nesting set of foil "Pots".. Yeaaaah maaaan.

I was on holiday last week in Skegness, and picked up a 5 1/2 ft telescopic fishing rod for a pound... It will fit lovely in my pack,and feels a very nice rod for a bit of "Survival" fishing, and a small 1 1/2 lb hatchet for £3... Not perfect, but usable with a good sharpen, which will do til I can afford to upgrade...

Chubbs
18-08-2012, 08:01 PM

I thought the same and started to get out the penny jar that keeps the holiday fund !!

AdrianRose
18-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Excellent shout Simon. As wiser men than me have said - use, recycle and recycle again.

Ade

SimonB
21-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Excellent shout Simon. As wiser men than me have said - use, recycle and recycle again.

Ade

Every bit helps... The outdoors is there to be enjoyed, not killed off..

Been following your youtube channel, I commented on the fishing kit, Great little idea, hence the buying of the cheap rod... Went into the loft and got a small reel to go with it, just going to load it up with 4lb line, it'll deal with any situation I will encounter freshwater fishing wise, bar Pike, But for a stream, perfect for trout,or pond/reservoir... Going to make a little larger version, for extended stops out/ opportunist sessions, with a few floats and some extra shot...