PDA

View Full Version : Oyster Mushrooms

AdrianRose
18-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi folks

Here is a video of my latest fungi forage, this time its Oyster mushrooms. I'm currently getting far too excited as my annual fungi "pilgrimage" down south to the New Forest is only a matter of weeks away now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Qg4Kc4fOk&list=UU43jQvQHRlmmz_qfXJVlgpQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I hope that you enjoy it.

All the best

Ade

dannyreid1978
18-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Great video buddy!!!

AdrianRose
18-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Great video buddy!!!

Cheers pal :)

TreeCamper
19-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Great Vid Adrian. Very interested in finding some wild mushrooms myself. More vids like that please.

I am going to play it safe and have a go at some Field Mushrooms in a couple of weeks. ATB Tony

rosseveritt
19-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Another great vid. Thx for sharing that. My daughter likes bushcrafting too, she quite an adept spoon carver and loves her firesteel. :)

luresalive
19-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Excellent Ade, Fungi are not something I'm a 100% sure about so little bits of info like this are very helpful.

fish
19-08-2012, 10:14 AM
whats happened to the audio? music in the intro and then nowt! this looks to be the best vid ive seen but given the dangers involved in eating wild fungi i really would like to hear it!

FishyFolk
19-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Nothing wrong with the audio on my end...

whats happened to the audio? music in the intro and then nowt! this looks to be the best vid ive seen but given the dangers involved in eating wild fungi i really would like to hear it!

AdrianRose
19-08-2012, 10:42 AM

I've just had a few views of the video on the laptop and my iPhone and the audio is fine.
Must be a problem at your end buddy.

Ade.

AdrianRose
19-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Thank you for the kind comments so far folks.

I'm counting the days till my annual trip down to the new forest.

Can I ask your advice folks?

Which would be better in your opinion, one longish video containing several fungi identified positively or several videos of individual fungi identified positively?

ie a collective video or one video per species.

Thanks in advance.

Ade.

fish
19-08-2012, 10:49 AM
personally ide like one per species and have a series of them,i found what i thought were oyster mushrooms ,looks like the shop ones smelled like em too ,but just not brave enough to try em!

TreeCamper
19-08-2012, 10:59 AM
One at a time Adi please. I fancy some Cepes;)

luresalive
19-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Yep, Species Specific please..

SimonB
30-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I saw some of these today on a walk... Some of them looked huge... Next time I venture that way, I will pick a few and add the photos on here just for confirmation... But looking at the pics in my books, and the pics online, I would say they were Oyster.. But as always best ask those with experience..

AL...
30-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I agree with the lads One for each that ye find Ade ..

Cheers
AL

freedom
01-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I know this vid was from last year but it is a good instruction guide, again cheers mate for showing and sharing pal.They were great in my stir fry and even better is being alive after eating them last night.

AdrianRose
01-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I know this vid was from last year but it is a good instruction guide, again cheers mate for showing and sharing pal.They were great in my stir fry and even better is being alive after eating them last night.

No problem mate. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Ade

_Matt_
02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
One video per species i think. It makes it simpler to use them for reference later. All in one vid might be more entertaining but I'm guessing that's not the idea.