PDA

View Full Version : big boned bushcrafters kit.

fish
25-08-2012, 10:23 AM
ok i mean fat ones! my self included.So i am sure that with an ever growing percentage of the populace being classed as obese that there are a few big chaps like me into bushcraft,now what i was wondering is is there a shop that caters for us? i have a snugpack sleeping bag that has an extention to make it bigger ,but does anyone sell a stronger hamock or a larger compression sack thatll take an extended sleeping bag in a bivi bag,what about a wider kip mat?what about aextra large summer sleeping bag?
do you guys have any gear for the larger chap or have 'pimped' any to work?

JonnyP
25-08-2012, 11:00 AM
With your skills mate, can't you just knock-up anything you need..?

fish
25-08-2012, 11:15 AM
well i suppose i could,need to get the stitching gadget sorted.

Shewie
25-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Warbonnets double layer Blackbird will take 400lbs, spendy though

Tony1948
25-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi Fish up till last year I was a fat git:happy-clapping:18 and a lot stone and 6foot 3.not now,still 6-3 but only 16 and a little bit:happy-clapping:I am a ground dweller,I'v got an all season carp fishamans bag and bed with a cheep 3by4m tarp and fishing trolly like a sack barrow,I dont need to use the barrow that mutch because wair we do our get to gether's I can drive the pickup wight to the edge of the wood and unload mine and the other guys kit.We dont do less is good,we do,take the lot and have a good time.I got my bed off fleebay about £34, and a brand new sleeping bag from the boot sale for £30,its got a fleece liner that comes out and is a 100% water proof.I dont do light weight kit:happy-clapping:

fish
25-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I dont worry about the weight of kit overly but i hate sleeping on the floor with a kip mat!