PDA

View Full Version : Connections

biker-bri
31-08-2012, 10:29 AM
It's funny how things progress from one thing to another. I started this journey by doing a bit of wildlife watching, which lead to me needing some kind of hide - I found a bushcraft site and bought a camo tarp and scrim net, while searching the tinterweb thingy I noticed the N.B.C website so I joined well it seemed like a good idea at the time!!! ;). Then I read how handy a good bushcraft knife was, so I bought a kit and made one which lead me to needing a sheath, so I made one of those as well. Nearing the end now - can someone tell me how the H*#L I ended up doing THIS53035304
Answers on a postcard to the usual address
Cheers Bri

AL...
31-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Bloody hell Bri!!!!!! That realy is beautiful mate.
As for ye getting there I think ye past the second tree on the right over the river and up the hill :D
Or maybe ye just found something ye realy enjoy doing :D
Keep goin mate that realy is a work of art.
Cheers
AL

FishyFolk
31-08-2012, 12:30 PM
It's funny how things progress from one thing to another. I started this journey by doing a bit of wildlife watching, which lead to me needing some kind of hide - I found a bushcraft site and bought a camo tarp and scrim net, while searching the tinterweb thingy I noticed the N.B.C website so I joined well it seemed like a good idea at the time!!! ;). Then I read how handy a good bushcraft knife was, so I bought a kit and made one which lead me to needing a sheath, so I made one of those as well. Nearing the end now - can someone tell me how the H*#L I ended up doing THIS53035304
Cheers Bri

The simple answer is: You're an artist. This is what people like you do :-)

JonnyP
31-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Very nice :0)

biker-bri
31-08-2012, 09:45 PM
The simple answer is: You're an artist. This is what people like you do :-)

I had never thought of myself as an artist, just someone who is reasonably good with his hands.
Thanks for the kind message, perhaps this is the direction I should follow.
Many thanks Bri

biker-bri
31-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Bloody hell Bri!!!!!! That realy is beautiful mate.
As for ye getting there I think ye past the second tree on the right over the river and up the hill :D
Or maybe ye just found something ye realy enjoy doing :D
Keep goin mate that realy is a work of art.
Cheers
AL
That was such a big pat on the back I think I'm bruised, Yes I did enjoy doing it and I think that I will be doing more in the future who knows where the road we travel will take us eh.
More than 40 hrs of drawing, carving, stamping and painting on a 12" Sq 1/4" thick piece of veg tan leather and I enjoyed every moment.
Thanks for you'r kind words Al, they really mean a lot to me.
Cheers Bri

AL...
01-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Funny where the time goes when ye get stuck into someting like that init?
Im the same when Im carving bowls with my crook knive I forget the time sometimes its 4am before I come out of my workshop. (Which I have just cleared out now the new kitchen and shower room has been fittet.)
I can just go sit in there close out the world and get on making Catapults and bowls and the like :)
Keep up the amasing work Mate

Cheers
AL

NeedABrew
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Simply amazing work!

rosseveritt
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Cheers Bri

That is brilliant. You are an artist to do something like that. Well done you! :)

fish
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
wow! bit better than just artist ide say!

AL...
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Aye what Fish said :)

Cheers
AL

Raven
01-09-2012, 08:43 PM
That is without doubt a piece of art my friend, really stunning.

biker-bri
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
A simple "thanks for all the kind comments" somehow doesn't seem enough, but that's all I have right now.
Cheers Bri