PDA

View Full Version : Arctic with Bruce Parry

Comptona
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Anybody see this tonight.. Saw the trailers and thought I might give it a miss but it was actually really interesting.

Martin
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah, we watched this. Like you, I saw the write up and was undecided. It was amazing to me what a hard life those guys lead and how happy they seem to be with their lot. Not a place for softies like me I fear. :(

Martin

Comptona
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Was wondering what would happen if you killed a rabbit for the pot in the same manner as they do with the reindeer.lol

Great filming and I especialy liked the soviet tank transport. You have to be pretty handy if it breaks down 2 days from anything, dont think the AA would come out.

GaryBeaner
03-01-2011, 12:32 AM
The way that guy got the reindeer flat on his botty just by grabbing him and twisting was amazing. I don't think I'll be spilling his pint!

Comptona
03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
The way that guy got the reindeer flat on his botty just by grabbing him and twisting was amazing. I don't think I'll be spilling his pint!

lol..they truley are an impressive bunch. I dont fancy a race up those mountains either....

Fletching
03-01-2011, 11:37 AM
...beautiful country too, but I bet it gets bloody harsh up there in Winter!

Steve

Comptona
03-01-2011, 11:42 AM
be they dont notice it with all that vodka doing the rounds.

Fletching
03-01-2011, 12:09 PM
A bit like having anti-freeze in your blood!

Martin
03-01-2011, 01:48 PM
...beautiful country too, but I bet it gets bloody harsh up there in Winter!

Steve

Apparently down to -60C in the winter and over 30C in the summer.

Martin

Comptona
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
And more mosquitos than I care to spend an evening with...

ghost
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Its good to see old Bruce back on the telly and doing it better than ever! i loved this one and am eagerly looking forward to the next episode!

JonnyP
24-01-2011, 05:56 PM
"In the far north Bruce witnesses the annual whale hunt of the Inupiak people whose ancient tradition is now at odds with the modern world and questions what is more important: the life of a whale or the death of a culture?"
Loving this series.. Bruce is a very good reporter and I like his style..
I think its really sad that these guys up in the Arctic are having to give up their way of life, because of conservationists, and modern methods of raping the seas to feed us lot.
I also feel a bit sad that the BBC have to state "Guidance contains some upsetting scenes". We are so far removed from where meat comes from these days, that warning have to be given.
Maybe I am being over sensitive, because I have to kill most of what I eat these days and know the full story of how a living animal becomes mankind's food..
Is it just me..?

Ben Casey
25-01-2011, 07:39 AM
I have been watching it and think it is really good and very educational.