PDA

View Full Version : Tarp, Hammock, & Camp Set up

TreeCamper
13-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Posted this one for Justin (Fish) as a new Hammocker he was asking for some tips on how I set up

Hope this vid helps mate, shot this one early this week

http://youtu.be/LSph9bgz4RQ

ATB TC

fish
13-09-2012, 09:21 AM
brilliant! thanks for posting.

RobD
17-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Really enjoyed watching this vid. A great help as I've never used a hammock before and found it really helpful.

TreeCamper
17-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Really enjoyed watching this vid. A great help as I've never used a hammock before and found it really helpful.

Thanks RobD

Look forward to seeing a pic of your setup soon mate, its all good fun

ATB TC

Tigger004
18-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes great video, wish I had the attitude required to spend the time and effort creating this sort of thing, if it wasn't for people like you this site and forum could be boring instead of interesting, Keep it up

Jeff

TreeCamper
18-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Yes great video, wish I had the attitude required to spend the time and effort creating this sort of thing, if it wasn't for people like you this site and forum could be boring instead of interesting, Keep it up

Jeff

Thanks Jeff very kind of you.

It does inspire me to try and make videos that people may find useful with the occasional bit of entertainment or humour thrown in.

ATB TC

f0rm4t
20-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Great vid! Thanks for sharing!

RobD
21-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Just linked over to your cooking vid on the tube. Is that a wild woodgas stove you are using? If so how do you find them. Wondering about them or a honey stove as a good first buy so quite keen to hear how they fare in practice.

TreeCamper
21-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Just linked over to your cooking vid on the tube. Is that a wild woodgas stove you are using? If so how do you find them. Wondering about them or a honey stove as a good first buy so quite keen to hear how they fare in practice.

I am enjoying using mine, it takes a bit of getting used to and depends what you mostly want it for. Its very lightweight and will burn most anything. There are quite a few of my vids with it in. As I always take it on an overnighter. I do a lot of stealth camping so have learned how to more or less keep it smoke free.

I would recommend them, it packs away a bit bigger than the Honey stove but I believe will out perform it easily. The packing does not really bother me as I tie its storage bag to the outside of my ruck.

RobD
22-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Out of interest where did you get your stove from - sorry hijacking your hammock thread here! Just wondering if there is a chance to get it cheaper than £50.

TreeCamper
22-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Out of interest where did you get your stove from - sorry hijacking your hammock thread here! Just wondering if there is a chance to get it cheaper than £50.

No problem RobD Bought it direct from http://wildstoves.co.uk/ don't know if anyone sells them cheaper.

TC

RobD
22-09-2012, 09:06 PM
No problem RobD Bought it direct from http://wildstoves.co.uk/ don't know if anyone sells them cheaper.

TC

Oh well, worth asking just in case. Looks like I may well have to spend the fifty quid then! Did you get the cooking pot as well? Noticed them saying just how useful it is on the website and that amazingly the stove fits perfectly inside it!

Any more great vids on the way?

freedom
22-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Guys,

Need some advice I have collected some acorns and would like to process them into something ediable besides cofffee. I would like to know how to process and what recipes to uses them in.
Regards,
Phil

TreeCamper
22-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh well, worth asking just in case. Looks like I may well have to spend the fifty quid then! Did you get the cooking pot as well? Noticed them saying just how useful it is on the website and that amazingly the stove fits perfectly inside it!

Any more great vids on the way?

I didn't get the cooking pot. As I usually have some kind of container for boiling water anyway and if out for an overnighter I usually carry a frypan, much more options for cooking then.

I have a few ideas for upcoming vids just need to get a chance and I'll be into it.

TC