PDA

View Full Version : Alt-Berg Boots

KarlUpNorth
22-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey there all,

I was wondering if any of you had any experience with Alt-Berg boots in particular the Sneeker model Alt-Berg (http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/military_SneekerOr_brown.jsp), as I am considering these for a future purchase.

I know there are quite expensive, but I am looking for a lightweight boot, which will last a while. Also they make them in half sizes, which is good, I am a 9 and a half and lots of other shoe boot makers don't do half sizes.

I can live with the fact they are breathable, e.g. not waterproof. I just wonder if any of you guys have used boots by them in the past, or today even. What the quality is like that kind of thing?

Cheers, Karl

JonnyP
22-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't know the boots, but the company is good. Always best to go and try the boots on before you buy. They look comfy but there is a lot of stitching in them. That means weak points. Ok if you are just walking on grass and trails, but not good if you are into scrambling etc..
If you are not worried about not being waterproof, have you had a look at army desert boots..? Many are made by top company's like Meindl and Lowa and you can pick them up brand new and very cheap. I am not sure about half sizes though.

old dog new tricks
27-01-2013, 05:00 AM
Hey Karl, just read your thread about Altberg boots i have a pair of altberg tetheras, I've got to say they really are comfortable, although expensive, I thought they were scandinavian to start with but they're made in the north of england! if you get them I would recommend you have them fitted properly,the added bonus is if ever you wear the soles out you can send them to the factory to be resoled and vulcanised so they remain waterproof and it's more economical than buying another pair of boots, best of luck, Chris.