PDA

View Full Version : Egg Coffee, Muffins And Bear !!

Chubbs
10-10-2012, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dI0_9pUfI

aman
10-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I am going to have a go at that I think

Thanks for postingT^

AL...
10-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Looks good ..
It looks like Fish's Lads aint the only ones to have survival teddys :D

Cheers
AL

jbrown14
11-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Ohhh...my...goodness, he's a bit of a loon, isn't he? See? That's why I don't hike alone...

Just kidding, I loved the video, I've never heard of egg coffee, I'm going to have to get brave and try it some time...maybe this weekend when all the lads are at my house to paint my garage...

Thanks for sharing!

Josh

f0rm4t
11-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Wonder what happens to bear when the camera's turned off? :evilgrin:

...Joking! :D

Thumbcrusher
11-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Well i'm no expert but i think that bear was dead!:confused:

I reckon the muffins would be good if made using the juice from the orange instead of water? will have to give them a go!

Chubbs
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Wonder what happens to bear when the camera's turned off? :evilgrin:

...Joking! :D

Did Bear have a friend with blonde hair

The coffee is a must try though

Howling Dingo
12-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Classic...

karl
12-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Personally, I'll be giving the egg coffee a wide berth, on the grounds it sounds disgusting, and looked worse! The orange muffins however...hmm...

Chubbs
13-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Personally, I'll be giving the egg coffee a wide berth, on the grounds it sounds disgusting, and looked worse!

Well, I tried it this morning and what a surprise. I didn't bother with the ziplock bag but just put three tablespoons of coffee along with the egg into a pestle and mortar. I ground them up together to form the thick paste and added it to the billy can on the stove which had a pint of boiling water in it. I simmered it for four or five minutes and left it for ten to allow everything to settle to the bottom. I did use the tea strainer to pour it through but this was definitely not needed as once poured slowly into a mug, nothing at all was left in it. The contents of the billy were a thick grey sludgy goo which really didn't look nice at all and this gave me the impression that the drink would be awful.

How surprised I was when I took my first gulp. The coffee was full of flavour but quite light at the same time. Personally I drink my coffee like bark but this had none of the harsh flavours and acidity that attack your mouth when drinking 'normal' fresh coffee. It was much lighter than normal and had no egg taste at all. The guy on the Youtube vid said it had its own natural sweetness from the egg. I wouldn't dissagree with him but I think this was down to the superb smoothness that the egg created.

Would I drink it again, definitely. I could drink gallons of this stuff on a daily basis as it wouldn't give me the acid effects I get from normal coffee but if I was using an egg a brew, I would assume my cholestrol levels would be sky high !!.

A great coffee that the kids could try next to the camp fire.

Cheers Neil

karl
13-10-2012, 05:35 PM
What sort of coffee are we talking here Neil? I take it ground as opposed to instant?