PDA

View Full Version : Area map

biker-bri
12-10-2012, 10:47 AM
I have just been reading a post in the mid england section and there seems to be some confusion about who lives where ?
Why not draw up a area map with simple coloured areas, to represent the areas in the forum.
To save any arguing amongst the members let the mods decide how to carve up the UK and their decision would be final ( they will probably do a better job than the government).
Any comments Cheers Bri

Al21
12-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Surely a map like this from the Environment Agency would make things easier:

Al

Tony1948
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
THeres a big bit at the top missing:happy-clapping:

Al21
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I figured those who heartlessly gloat about water/land access probably know where they are, and yes, I am jealous!

Silverback
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Surely a map like this from the Environment Agency would make things easier:

Al

Apart from the Midlands heads up to the Humber and the North East heads down to Retford. Basically for me anything south of Woodall Services is the Midlands

Tigger004
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Post codes would be useful in peoples profiles, anyone can look these up, they wouldn't have to be full codes to give a us good idea of location, but I wouldn't be bothered by full codes,

Just an idea

fish
04-11-2012, 09:04 PM
THeres a big bit at the top missing:happy-clapping:

thats devolution for you mate ,they want their independence they will just have to make their own maps! lol

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m92/fishfish_01/avtars/kuksa3.png (http://www.flickr.com/groups/1565793@N22/)

Adam Savage
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I think a most people involved with bushcraft, are trying to get away from big brother, and all the "labels" associated with so called "civilisation".
We get out in the woods to either be at one with nature, get away from the world, keep traditional knowledge alive, or maintain our survival skills. Putting our postcode up can feel like giving the public the key to our front door lol.
I think a county should be more than enough really. In Britain our counties aren't so big, as to make much difference where abouts in it you are, especially if folk are concerned about which region they are in.
If you see a member in your county, or even your neighbouring county, and you want to see if they fancy meeting up to do bushcrafty things, then it isn't hard to send a PM. If a social gathering is their thing, arrangements can be made, but if not, they have the option to just ignore the message, without having to feel guilty about saying no :)

Just my personal views on the matter.

ATB

Adam

roselly10
21-02-2017, 11:30 AM
I have just been reading a post in the mid england section and there seems to be some confusion about who lives where ?
Why not draw up a wooden lake area map (http://www.obxstore.com/lake-james-north-carolina-wooden-engraved-map/) with simple coloured areas, to represent the areas in the forum.
To save any arguing amongst the members let the mods decide how to carve up the UK and their decision would be final ( they will probably do a better job than the government).
Any comments Cheers Bri

Hi
Thanks for sharing because this kind of map makes the thing easier.

rik_uk3
23-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Why do you need to know where people live?

Ehecatl
23-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Why do you need to know where people live?

It's a VERY old thread, but I think the logic is, if folk can be attributed to an approximate geographical area, they could potentially be tapped up for sites/meets etc.