PDA

View Full Version : Bushcraft & Survival Magazine (Having a mare)

f0rm4t
22-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Why is it the simple tasks in life will end in utter frustration?!
Last Monday I ordered a copy of the magazine. I haven't subscribed yet as I've not had even a taste yet, and their "Free Taster" has option has been "Coming Soon" for several weeks. I paid by PayPal which is *instant*, so not receiving anything in the post by Friday, I called and chased.
I was told head office probably haven't received the PayPal payment yet (rubbish, I have PayPal receipt), or have simply not advised their branch office that it's been ordered by me as yet (probable). She said she would call a find out what was happening and call me back shortly.

Guess what? ...I've not had a call-back, email, nothing. So as usual it's going to be down to the customer to chase repeatedly until a resolve is forthcoming.

Very! disappointing for my first experience with the publishing company. This coupled with the issues Ashley faced with double payments, leaves me wondering if I should give it a wide birth.

What's the general feeling on the Magazine, is it a must have every other month? Or is there months where you think, "that wasn't very fulfilling"?

Sorry for the rant, chaps! I'm just venting. :rolleye:

Cheers

JonnyP
22-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Try a decent Bushcraft magazine, written by Bushcrafters for Bushcrafters. Not full of adverts either.. http://www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk/

Thumbcrusher
22-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Afraid i have to agree with JonnyP. It's a nicely produced magazine but has far too many adverts and too few articles. I had a subscription for about two years and over that time the number of ads increased to the point were it was taking me about an hour to read the mag front to back which wasn't good value 'cos it isn't cheap! in the end i stopped my subscription. have to say i never had any problems with delivery or payments etc though!

paulthefish2009
23-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Try a decent Bushcraft magazine, written by Bushcrafters for Bushcrafters. Not full of adverts either.. http://www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk/

That looks like a good mag,may have to give it a go,nice heads up jonny. paul

f0rm4t
23-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Cheers lads.
I'll give it a go. Always good to get rounded exposure to what's available. The only reason I knew about Bushcraft & Survival Magazine was from a post by Ashley.
T^

JonnyP
23-10-2012, 12:35 PM
You won't regret getting it. All the contributors are knowledgeable folk..
Hmm, I need to renew my subscription..

Mafro
24-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the kind words all. It really means a lot to all of us when we hear that people enjoy the magazine.

A quick shameless plug though, our Autumn issue has just come out, so it really is an ideal time to get/renew your subscription :) www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk

JonnyP
24-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words all. It really means a lot to all of us when we hear that people enjoy the magazine.

A quick shameless plug though, our Autumn issue has just come out, so it really is an ideal time to get/renew your subscription :) www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk

Done :0)

fish
24-10-2012, 09:24 PM
i think its a publishing problem full stop,ive been waiting for my free copy of fiesta to arrive for an age,and mr.punch has been waiting for his bilolipop fetishist-weekly supscription to come for a month!

f0rm4t
30-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Well it finally arrived yesterday. TWO WEEKS later :shocked:
...and again today.

So I have two now. Pretty poor show for a publishing company, I must say. However they did refund me.

Naturally, if anyone would like my second copy, I'd be happy to post it to you (obviously for free ;))
Just reply :)

f0rm4t
02-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Please don't make me throw it away chaps :(

Anyone want it?
It's still in the envelope!

Humakt
03-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Well, if no one else wants it, it'd be a shame for it to go to waste...

Use it for firelighters.

Chubbs
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Don't throw it mate, I will take it.

If the mag is any good I will more than likely suscribe. PM me for postage costs, I wouldn't expect it for nothing.

Cheers Neil

f0rm4t
03-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't throw it mate, I will take it.

If the mag is any good I will more than likely suscribe. PM me for postage costs, I wouldn't expect it for nothing.

Cheers Neil

Great!
Don't worry about any costs Chubs, really.
PM me your address mate and it'll be in the post on Monday. :D

f0rm4t
05-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Just got back from the post office Chubbs.
Should be with you soon mate. :D

Chubbs
05-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks mate.

I have made the char cloth and it is ready to go in the post tomorrow morning. You should get it in the next couple of days.

Cheers Neil

f0rm4t
05-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Cheers matie!

surplus 6
26-12-2012, 09:16 AM

I see from your site the P+P cost have gone up, have you thought of sending out electronical copies, vertual magazines. can be read at work on my tablet or at home on my pc?

Mafro
26-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Its something we have looking into in the past but need a way of protecting the issues so that they don't just get distributed about the net. Its not quite as easy as it sounds.