PDA

View Full Version : Looking After Leather Hat

butchthedog
28-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi All,
I have a Barmah "Australian" leather hat, can anyone advise on care and maintenance. I have had it for a few years now and Currently it smells sweaty and has white sweat/water marks on it. Please help to make it sweat free and clean again, any advice greatly received. Thanks in advance.
Dave

biker-bri
28-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Saddle soap, 4 way care, to name two, try le prevo's drop them an email and they should put you right, they have always given me good advice.
Cheers Bri

paulthefish2009
29-10-2012, 05:52 AM
nothing to add to that one,saddle soap is your friend there Butch. Paul

Ben Casey
29-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi Mate I have no advice apart from things should smell my jacket still stinks after our adventure and I don't want to wash it :)

KaiTheIronHound
29-10-2012, 09:21 AM
I own basically the same hat mate, i use saddle soap aswell. Great stuff.

butchthedog
29-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, that's excellent advice. Exactly what I was after thank's guys, on the other hand Ben's idea does have some appeal (NOT) LOL

Dave

Ben Casey
29-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Oh I love smelly LOL :camping:

Well, that's excellent advice. Exactly what I was after thank's guys, on the other hand Ben's idea does have some appeal (NOT) LOL

Dave

butchthedog
29-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Ha Ha, down to 3.5litres of tea a day now Ben, Cor what's that smell...... sure I can still smell campfire "smoke" :campfire: :tongue:

Ben Casey
29-10-2012, 01:29 PM
You will on Wedneday when we drive to Darlo I will put the jacket on just to bring back your memory of the adventure :innocent:

Ha Ha, down to 3.5litres of tea a day now Ben, Cor what's that smell...... sure I can still smell campfire "smoke" :campfire: :tongue:

butchthedog
29-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Will I need to put seat cover's on me jallopy so they don't get contaminated then.Oh an will I need to bring a char wallah with me (if that's the correct term and spelling). Was wondering if anyone had any SCUBA gear I could borrow for the trip so as I could breath easily in your presence. LOL

:jumping-joy: Dave Ha Ha :tongue: :happy-clapping:

Ben Casey
29-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Necky sod where is your profile picture then :war:

Will I need to put seat cover's on me jallopy so they don't get contaminated then.Oh an will I need to bring a char wallah with me (if that's the correct term and spelling). Was wondering if anyone had any SCUBA gear I could borrow for the trip so as I could breath easily in your presence. LOL

:jumping-joy: Dave Ha Ha :tongue: :happy-clapping:

Ben Casey
03-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi Mate I just found this and thought it might help you on your quest :D

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/countryside/article/450332/Recipe-for-homemade-saddle-soap.html

Ben

butchthedog
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you Ben, coppied that down. Cheers