PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian army winter operations educational directives and folders

FishyFolk
06-11-2012, 07:32 AM
http://mil.no/education-training/coe-cwo/publications/Pages/default.aspx

Here you will find Norwegian educational directives, folders etc. for use during exercises and operations with focus on winter operations and safety.

Thought maybe the rescue people like Sapper could get something out of these. Even if you all have the training and your own standards on how you do things.
Every one else that go into the hills in winter conditions should also read this if you have never taken any training in what to do. Some of it is very military specific. And this is aimed at our allies who come to train in Norway. (SAS, Royal Marines to name a few.). But civillians can learn from it too...

The one named UD 2-1 is sort of entertaining. It's the Norwegian army safety regulations. Read it with the mind that the reason something make it into the book....is that someone did what the regulation is there to prevent :happy-clapping:

alvino78
06-11-2012, 07:37 AM
great stuff!!!thanks T^

Tigger004
06-11-2012, 07:53 AM
interesting stuff for us civvies

Silverback
06-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Cheers rune. Always open to new ideas we regularly exchange ideas and procedures at the IKAR meetings and cross train with other international agencies particularly rettungshund

Chubbs
06-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I've had a quick look and found it to be excellent reading. A vast quantity of it will I doubt ever be needed at any time for me but I would still rather have a good read of it every now and then because of the 'just in case' factor. Info like this is always a valuable source that can make any persons life more manageable if the s**t really did hit the fan for any reason.

Thanks for the link Rune, bookmarked for reading later.

happybonzo
07-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Wish I'd known a lot of this when I was young and stupid...

FishyFolk
07-11-2012, 06:56 AM
A vast quantity of it will I doubt ever be needed at any time for me

Yes I doubt that most people will ever need information on what safety precautions should be taken when firing an 84mm Carl Gustav recoilless Canon....but the other stuff in there, like how to
heat up a person with frost bite is quite nice to know :-)

FishyFolk
07-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Wish I'd known a lot of this when I was young and stupid...

I knew most of this when I was young and stupid. I just did not heed them very much. That was what made me stupid. You where just ignorant :evilgrin:

Chubbs
07-11-2012, 09:08 AM
....but the other stuff in there, like how to
heat up a person with frost bite is quite nice to know :-)

You are right mate.

Every day is a learning day no matter what you take in, and ignorance is not taking the time out to learn anything at all.

David_JAFO
16-11-2012, 09:04 AM
hello,
Thanks for the post/share :welcome: I've been on Mountain & Arctic Warfare CADRE,
Allied Training school many years ago as well as Joint Operations with Norway & Denmark.
The last was with Denmark Civil Defence exchange late 1980's.
T.Y for posting.
Regards
David
Here you will find Norwegian educational directives, folders etc.
for use during exercises and operations with focus on winter operations and safety.

nilo52
17-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Hmmmm. Carl Gustav recoiless cannon.
# 1. DO NOT STAND BEHIND IT
# 2. DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OFF IT
# 3. COVER YOUR EARS
# 4. DO NOT STORE LIVE AMMO IN FRONT/BEHIND IT
# 5. WAIT UNTIL AFTER BIG NOISE BEFORE RELOADING CANNON

HOW TO WARM SOMEONE WITH FROSTBITE
#1. DO NOT RUB WITH SNOW, THIS IS AN OLD WIVES TALE. INSTEAD USE ITEM # 2
#2. HAVE NORWAY BABE TAKE OFF HER CLOTHES AND WRAP HER AND VICTIM IN A WOOL BLANKET -- DO NOT DISTURB UNTIL THEY ARE SMOKING A CIGERETTE.

FishyFolk
23-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Adding the Norwegian Army:

UD 6-81-6 E INSTRUCTION IN WINTER SERVICE BIOUVAC (http://www.coe-cwo.org/files/handbooks/UD%206-81-6%20%28E%29%20Instruction%20in%20Winter%20Service% 20Biouvac.pdf)

Kernowek Scouser
23-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Cheers for the links Rune, very handy T^

nilo52
23-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Cheers for the links Rune, very handy T^

You are VERY HANDY !! ..... Who is the honey in your avatar pic. ???? It's to early in the morning for me to be SO jealous!!!

rawfish111
23-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Hmmmm. Carl Gustav recoiless cannon.
# 1. DO NOT STAND BEHIND IT
# 2. DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OFF IT
# 3. COVER YOUR EARS
# 4. DO NOT STORE LIVE AMMO IN FRONT/BEHIND IT
# 5. WAIT UNTIL AFTER BIG NOISE BEFORE RELOADING CANNON

Don't forget #6 Make sure it's someone else whose carrying the damn thing or it'll smack you on the back of the helmet with every step you run!

nilo52
23-02-2013, 07:00 PM
# 7
FIELD STRIPPING THE M16A2 RIFLE ON THE BEACH
#1.
Apply suntan cream to hot babe
#2.
Have hot babe remove disassembly pin
#3.
Watch hot babe remove bolt assembly carefully
#4.
Ask hot babe if she has a friend
#5.
Take hot babe and hot friend behind convenient sand dune
# 6.
O.k. Now..... ( deleted due to family oriented forum)
#7. Repeat untill tired, take a nap.

nilo52
23-02-2013, 07:14 PM
I went to the local used book store today and found a BOY SCOUT handbook. IT was dated 1920, and I was amazed at the great bushlore info in it ! If you can find one I highly reccomend getting one. They are a wealth of good stuff !
Nilo52

Kernowek Scouser
24-02-2013, 10:19 AM
You are VERY HANDY !! ..... Who is the honey in your avatar pic. ???? It's to early in the morning for me to be SO jealous!!!

I believe it is the well known chesty charmer Katie Price / Jordan (the bloke in the pic is Razor Rudduck, not me)

ChristerM
14-05-2013, 08:44 AM
In the mid 90's I was one of the instructors at the Norwegian School of Winter Warfare, and I can tell from personal experience that when the cold sets in, it is AMAZING how the level of stupidity increases.... :shocked:
Some of the stuff that a few of the students where about to do.... WOW!
But, that is what they were there to learn... :)
The evaluations at the end of each exercise usually caused some "red face syndrom"... :)

snowleopard
14-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Very interesting articles on winter bivouacing

Thanks

Joel

TreefrogGB
14-05-2013, 03:16 PM
I went to the local used book store today and found a BOY SCOUT handbook. IT was dated 1920, and I was amazed at the great bushlore info in it ! If you can find one I highly reccomend getting one. They are a wealth of good stuff !
Nilo52

It's where I got into Bushcraft.

(The Scouts that is, not the 1920's;) )