PDA

View Full Version : Ray mears / woodlore

Sar-ian
25-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi Folks, a bigT^ for the shop, ordered the anniversary mora's friday morning, arrived saturday, what more can you ask for, excellent...:happy-clapping::happy-clapping:

Chubbs
25-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Same here, fast shipping and a bargain as well .

Ben Casey
25-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah the same here for me to I have a few of my Xmas pressies now :D

David_JAFO
25-11-2012, 05:10 PM
hello,
Never had any issues with the OnlineShop or the Team, always
more than helpful over the years I've traded or chatted online.
Regards
David
T^

Psycho
14-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Really fast shipping, but not well packed in my case. Unfortunately the book I have ordered is not in good condition, because of the poor package.
They have sent all items packed in a bubble envelope which chapped by shipping and (I think) the other items damaged the book.

JonnyP
14-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Really fast shipping, but not well packed in my case. Unfortunately the book I have ordered is not in good condition, because of the poor package.
They have sent all items packed in a bubble envelope which chapped by shipping and (I think) the other items damaged the book.

What did Woodlore say about this..?

Psycho
14-02-2013, 07:31 PM
What did Woodlore say about this..?

I have not contacted them, because I think it will be too much effort to send the book back in the UK. Not only the effort for me, but also the effort for woodlore...
If I would live in the UK I would ask for a replacement, but in this case, I think it will get too complicated to send the book back to woodlore.

But that does not mean, that I will not order from woodlore again! I will give it another try. But I think, I will ask them for a better package, next time ;)

alvino78
16-02-2013, 03:24 PM
i have ordered loads from woodlore and the packaging has always been overdone so to speak!!! you must be unfortunate to have had this happen i think!

JonnyP
16-02-2013, 05:36 PM
I have not contacted them, because I think it will be too much effort to send the book back in the UK. Not only the effort for me, but also the effort for woodlore...
If I would live in the UK I would ask for a replacement, but in this case, I think it will get too complicated to send the book back to woodlore.

But that does not mean, that I will not order from woodlore again! I will give it another try. But I think, I will ask them for a better package, next time ;)

Its a good idea to inform companies about things like this. It sounds more to do with the shipping company that was used though, bubblewrap is normally ok for a book. Things will never change if they do not get feedback..

rawfish111
16-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Its a good idea to inform companies about things like this. It sounds more to do with the shipping company that was used though, bubblewrap is normally ok for a book. Things will never change if they do not get feedback..

Very true. The bits of kit I've bought off them in the past were packed well enough to take an airstrike so I think, as has been said, you were just unlucky.

Fraser
11-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Very happy. This is my first order to them. I ordered 2 Mora Robust on Thursday night and they arrived on Saturday morning. Good service.
Good knives too T^

Dale_jonez
12-03-2013, 12:44 AM
i ordered 2 x Mora robust on a sunday evening and received them on tuesday morning , was just packed in a jiffy bag thing.
but thats fine for the knives as they are solid enough haha.

very happy with the service, thats the first time i'd used the Ray Mears/ Woodlore store.

john59
22-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I've ordered a fair bit of kit from woodlore over the years, been happy with the kit and packaging, ordered Ray Mears autobiography 2 weeks ago and when it came it was in a large jiffy bag, the loose cover on the front of the book was turned down and wrinkled, think this was more a case of a clumsy packer putting
it into the bag than a fault of the bag.

Midge_Fodder
19-02-2014, 09:56 PM
I like ordering through them. I only tend to buy Woodlore only products though, they can be a tad expensive on regular items. The last thing I bought on there was a Svante Djarv sloyd knife, and it was actually cheaper than elsewhere at the time.

Psycho
24-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Ordered a second time now at the shop and this time everything was perfect. Bought 6 DVDs. They also came in an envelope (like the last order). Delivery time was 3 days to germany.
I think if the shipping costs were not that high to germany (£12.00 up to £48.00), I would buy much more at the woodlore shop.

Davepr
24-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Just got me a 14cm zebra billy for 10 quid including delivery.

Pootle
29-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Damn, too slow, The 14 cm can is back at £14 now. Must be quicker next time!