PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mountain Bushcraft - Girl Power!

susannewilliams
08-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Up the side of a mountain in the Alps. Challenging conditions with heavy rain in the valley and a steep climb that left us quite wet. Then intermittent persistent rain and snow at around the freezing point which made drying things a bit tricky. None the less a warm and cozy night with grilled Duck for dinner.

Full on deep sleep until 10 the next morning! (For shame)

http://youtu.be/FhxCBbaF--Q

Thumbcrusher
08-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Looks chilly! also looks like a great place to camp though:)

susannewilliams
09-01-2013, 02:40 PM
It was pretty cozy really. It sucks to be wet of course, but we soon fixed that. Just take off everything that is wet, and get into your sleeping bag. Suffer a little in the morning when you have to put that wet stuff on again.

Normally though, I don't actually take a sleeping bag as such. Jerven Bag and a Mountain Serape and I am good down to -15c. Then if things are wet it is very easy to get warm again.

But it doesn't really work when you are with two, unless both have a Jerven Bag. :-)

JonnyP
09-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Like the shelter. Looks like you have plenty of insulation under you.
Never mind 10 in the morning, I think I would of stayed there all day :0)

Ben Casey
09-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Love your videos :) Last time I was out I slept till 10:40 I always get my best sleep outdoors :)

AL...
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Im with Jonny lol Great wee camp lass :)

Cheers
AL

susannewilliams
11-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah plenty of insulation underneath is really the key to being warm in the snow. At least a foot of pine boughs....COZY!

Having roast duck and chocolate chip bannock doesn't hurt the comfiness factor of course. :-)

Kernowek Scouser
11-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Hello Susanne,

Welcome to the forum.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a bit of a nutter aren't you, in a good way :D

Love your videos, it is great to see you making a cosy little shelter in quite challenging conditions and having a grand time outdoors.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Atb,

Colin

fish
11-01-2013, 08:38 PM
looks real cozy,would love to camp out in my hammock there in the snow.

susannewilliams
13-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Hehe, yes, rather more than a bit of a nutter. :-)

Its the English way...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a bit of a nutter aren't you, in a good way :D

Love your videos, it is great to see you making a cosy little shelter in quite challenging conditions and having a grand time outdoors.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Atb,

Colin

susannewilliams
13-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Hammock camping video about to be uploaded. :-)

looks real cozy,would love to camp out in my hammock there in the snow.