PDA

View Full Version : The Beginner

graveral
11-01-2013, 07:16 PM
What is the best way to start wild camping? I am not sure I have the guts yet to simply go somewhere discrete without knowing of other peoples experiences. I am desperate to do a bit of wild camping; does anyone have any tips of where to go for a first time sleeping under the stars???

FishyFolk
11-01-2013, 07:24 PM
What is the best way to start wild camping? I am not sure I have the guts yet to simply go somewhere discrete without knowing of other peoples experiences. I am desperate to do a bit of wild camping; does anyone have any tips of where to go for a first time sleeping under the stars???

Do you have a garden?

Not making fun of you, but it's a nice way to find out if your kit is up to par. Specially this time of year. Else the rules and regs over there in England are so totally alien to me that someone else have to cover that one.

BJ
11-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Depends where you are situated, but if you are in striking distance of Dartmoor you can wild camp , some details here may give you some ideas.
http://www.dartmoor-npa.gov.uk/visiting/vi-enjoyingdartmoor/camping
There are many knowledgeable guys on here who will be able to give you some good tips. and :welcome: to the site
BJ

graveral
12-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys, useful tips!

Ehecatl
12-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi graveral and welcome to the site.

You could also tag along with any of the crew on here if they're not up to anything too extreme. I guess it depends really where you're located. If you're in Kent you're welcome to join us on our next outing.

M@

Tigger004
12-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Loads of people on here and scattered around the UK, post your approximate area (nearest town, age may be useful) and I'm sure you'll get a response, good luck

Law
12-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Scottish highlands