PDA

View Full Version : German mountain boots

Paul Webster
13-01-2011, 06:37 PM
I've been looking for some new boots for a little while and had settled on getting some surplus German para boots for about £30. Whilst I was looking at various sites for the best price/quality I came across the mountain boots. They are more expensive and typically sell for about £50 in grade 1 or better condition but they seemed just what I was after.

They got delivered today and i'm impressed! Gave them a bit of a cleanup and treated to a new wax coat and some paracord laces.
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/sddarktide/027.jpg

From what i've read, they are made by either Haix, Lowa or Meindl all to the same spec. Only 25% of the finished products are allowed to be branded, mine arent. They are Gortex lined and contain lots of the features you find on their civilian counterparts that sell for £150+. If these last me a year or more I might treat myself to a new pair.

I got these from patrolbase.co.uk, I gave them a ring and they picked out the best pair in my size and put them to one side. Theres also quite a few people that sell these on ebay in used or new condition.

For anyone looking for some hard wearing, all weather boots...i'd recommend these.

Martin
13-01-2011, 09:24 PM
They look great. Woud be good to know how they stand up to a few miles with a heavy load on your back. Please let us know how you get on with them.

Martin

RobbC
14-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I would recommend magnum boats if these dont work out for you, i have a pair of part leather stealths and they are exellent, can walk for days in them.

Robb

RobbC
14-01-2011, 08:04 PM
ah i meant to say boots, before you say it martin, lol

klause
19-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Hi Robb,
Do these Magnum Stealth boots let water in? Are they right for wet boggy areas?
Thanks pal...