PDA

View Full Version : Dd frontline, TW or ?????

treehugger
10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi all, I'm fairly new to hammocks, in your opinions are Dd Frontlune approx £50 worth ghe money? or are there better cheaper alternatives! the problem is I need 4 hammocks 4 tarps etc so need to keep the price down if poss. thanks in advance.

Silverback
10-02-2013, 11:30 AM
I have a DD frontline and a TW basic hammock, my DD is my favourite, built in mosi net is a godsend

FishyFolk
10-02-2013, 11:57 AM
From what i have read and seen on YT, both TW and DD hammocks are being praised by their owners. I don't think you will regret what ever hammock you decide to get of the two.
But I have actually never seen one of those and my only hammock experience consist of a one night in a WWII era Jungle hammock, and an hours snooze in a DYI hammock I made from some donated parachute silk

But ordered a TW, not because it was 10£ cheaper than a DD. But because It was wider (An XL sized Hornet) than the DD offerings, and those in the know claims that gives a flatter lay. I'll be back later in the week or next weekend to tell you if they are right, if i do not dreeze to death in the attempt :rolleyes:

jus_young
10-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Check this thread out as it may give you some things to think about

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4545-TW-Or-DD-Hammock-What-Would-You-Choose