PDA

View Full Version : The bushcraft show 2013

Badger 73
09-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Hi guys , i was wondering if any of you are going to the show at Elvaston castle or may have been before , as i'm going this year for the first time and wondered if you recomend this one or the Gathering in august .(or both!) It would also be great to meet some of you if you're going . Daz .:D

Silverback
09-03-2013, 12:34 PM
cant justify the expense Im afraid....for the same price as a ticket I can meet loads of times with NB folks even though Elvaston isnt too far away

Ben Casey
09-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Is that the one that was in the Lakes if so no thanks :D

butchthedog
09-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Price to high for me.

Ben Casey
09-03-2013, 05:54 PM
If it is the one I think it is mate I will tell ypu about it next time I see you, I did have a thread on here somewhere about it I can't remember where tho :)

butchthedog
09-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Pricewise, Greed/profiteering springs to mind.

Badger 73
10-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Ok , not fans then :) thanks for the feedback . Dya reckon i'd be better of doing a course instead ? as a complete beginner back garden bushcrafter i guess i'm just trying to find places to see stuff in action in the flesh . Have the NB folks got anything planned in the spring ? ( if you don't mind me asking ) . Cheers .

Silverback
10-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Ok , not fans then :) thanks for the feedback . Dya reckon i'd be better of doing a course instead ? as a complete beginner back garden bushcrafter i guess i'm just trying to find places to see stuff in action in the flesh . Have the NB folks got anything planned in the spring ? ( if you don't mind me asking ) . Cheers .

Theres a meet on in Wales this month http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4538-March-meet-up-in-wales

and at the end of April theres one in North Yorkshire http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5136-New-Northern-Soul-Meet-Lastingham-NYM-date-TBC-Interested

Martin
10-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Don't pay to go on a course. Stick around here, look at the YouTube videos, go to meets and, most important of all, get out there and try things for yourself. Why pay someone's inflated prices to learn what is available for free?

Martin

Silverback
10-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Don't pay to go on a course. Stick around here, look at the YouTube videos, go to meets and, most important of all, get out there and try things for yourself. Why pay someone's inflated prices to learn what is available for free?

Martin

T^the true spirit of bushcraft...sharing of knowledge for free

Badger 73
10-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Cheers guys , i did see the meet in wales but sadly it drops on me old ma's b'day so knew i couldn't make that one , i'd like to come along in april if nobody minds , that'd be good :)

Silverback
10-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Cheers guys , i did see the meet in wales but sadly it drops on me old ma's b'day so knew i couldn't make that one , i'd like to come along in april if nobody minds , that'd be good :)

The closing date for coming has passed...but as youre a newbie i cant see it being an issue. Have a read of the thread then pop your name down on the last post...i will send you a PM with the deposit details.

Badger 73
10-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Great , i'll check the dates and if alls well i'll drop my name on the list . Thanks again :D

kernewek
22-03-2013, 08:47 AM
got my yurt booked to display craghopper stuff at elvaston!

Johnnyboy1971
22-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I have done the Wilderness gathering the past two years and in my opinion it just two commercial. First year I spent £700 on gear, last year £20 ish. You either look at stuff and wish you could get it or buy it all and regret spending too much.

I would go to the local meets and learn as much as possible from the guys there and also do some trades to get kit you need. It also gives you the chance to try kit out before spending your hard earned on something that doesn't suit your needs.
Like me £250 on a jervens bag that really isn't needed in this country when a bivvybag will suffice.

bigzee
23-03-2013, 10:38 PM

Martin
I tend to agree with Martin here. What's the old saying?: To hear is to know, to see is to believe, but to do is to be sure.

Badger 73
26-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Cheers guys , are there ever any meets in the midlands area ?

Dave ward
07-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I also have been looking at going to the bushcraft show for the 1st time this year and wanted to hear people's thoughts and now I know :) Id love to meet up with people off NB but not many people on here from Nottingham area. Nothing better than sharing ideas and having abit of banter round the fire

happybonzo
08-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Good grief, at those prices the organisers must be on drugs

zomblicious
09-05-2013, 06:37 PM
hi i'm new to this forum and bushcraft i'm going to the bushcraft show so if any one from here is going say hi, i should be easy to spot i will be the one trying to keep my four feral kids in line lol.

shepherd
09-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Pricewise, Greed/profiteering springs to mind.

how much are you looking for a ticket?

snowleopard
09-05-2013, 07:12 PM
hi i'm new to this forum and bushcraft i'm going to the bushcraft show so if any one from here is going say hi, i should be easy to spot i will be the one trying to keep my four feral kids in line lol.

Hello and welcome there,

Have a good time,

Joel

P.s there is a forum for introducing yourself if you want;)

zomblicious
09-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Cheers we will, i will be found lurking near the food stalls or the beer tent.