PDA

View Full Version : Bushcraft things to use around the house......

sblog
11-03-2013, 07:32 PM
I know there's a thread about using stuff from around the house that can be used for bushcraft.......

But, is there anything you have for Bushcraft that you use around the house....?? Not too sure what, but thought I'd put the question out there.......

Ehecatl
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes, there was a link to tying laces so they don't come undone - I use that one on me work shoes. I've also towed a car using the Siberian hitch and knot only (sorry about that) did we get the car unstuck but it was very easy to undo after. (This was off road and only for a short distance)

Not exactly household but practical application.

M@

rawfish111
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
I use my ferro rod to light the stove and my folding saw as its better than my old bowsaw.

sam_acw
11-03-2013, 08:55 PM
I have a Canadian belt knife and a 8" blade mora that work as kitchen knives. They're actually my wife's favourites.
Arkansas stone gets used for sharpening, SAK for minor repairs. I also use a couple of tin mugs as pans in the kitchen and a tin plate as a mixing bowl - all of which were bought as BC kit.

FishyFolk
11-03-2013, 09:28 PM
My mora 2000 get commandeered by the wife when she processes raw meat. The Jerven bag is used sometimes by me if I am cold, just to sit in on the sofa. Else not really

Stamp
11-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I use the spoons I have carved in the kitchen.

rawfish111
11-03-2013, 11:07 PM
I use the spoons I have carved in the kitchen.

Now that is looking like a likely occurrence in our house too, the spoons are gradually taking over....

beermaker
01-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I use the kelly kettle to brew up in the back garden as its as fast as the electric kettle but free to run :) knives get used for all sorts of jobs around the house, and I use my parang in the garden for taking the weeds back a bit.