PDA

View Full Version : any ground dwellers fancy swinging FULL DD HAMMOCK SETUP FOR SWAP

kesom
23-03-2013, 03:25 PM
i have

1 x DD travel hammock/bivi (2011) and DD hammocks hammock sleeve

1 x dd hammocks whoopie sling suspension system including 2 x silver hammock carabiners and 2 black tree huggers link to it in DD hammocks shop (http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/suspensionsystem)

1 x snugpak underblanket link to it in DD hammocks shop (http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/underblanket)

these were only used on 1 outing due to me being sick since last summer not long after i bought em,the hammock was a replacement from DD after the first outing(i had one before and was using a roll mat and the velcro strips didnt match to hold the mat in place and it kept slipping out so DD replaced it) so thats only been used once and the whoopies and underblanket were bought after i got the new hammock and all are in perfect condition

the reason for me getting rid of these is simple because i want to go back to ground dwelling AND i'd rather swap them for some ground dwelling kit,ive been looking at gortex hooped camo bivi's the dutch military one(going on ebay for £98 including P&P LINK (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dutch-Military-Goretex-Waterproof-Hooped-Woodland-Camo-Bivi-Bag-/300879618309?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item460dd2a105)) or maybe a stratosphere or similar

the retail price of what ive listed bar the hammock is £109 from DD's so i'd like to swap for stuff of similar RRP

i would like 4m x 4m DD tarp and have a 3m x 3m DD tarp in olive green that i would consider swapping if the retail prices werent close enough,ive got a gelert mesh hammock for holding your kit off the ground aswell,its under the hammock in the pic below

can sell all on ebay seperately but i'd rather swap

here it is set up

fingers crossed :)
ken....

Chubbs
23-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi kesom

If you have no luck with a swap I would be interested in your snugpack underblanket if you wanted to sell it seperately.

I also have spare tents and other bits available but don't know how light you are going to go.

Cheers Neil

kesom
23-03-2013, 06:05 PM
hi neil :)

i've already promised the underblanket to another membr if i dont get a swap :(
when you say tents,i would like just something for just one person to sleep in,i have a 4 and 2 man tent already but if you have a one man i would be interested in it depending on which one it exactly is..............

thanks for the reply and offer

chat soon :)

cuppa joe
23-03-2013, 06:33 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jack-Wolfskin-Gossamer-Single-Tent-Brand-New-/380605132424?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Ten ts_JN&hash=item589dd56e88

kesom
23-03-2013, 07:02 PM
thats a nice tent cj,am i right in assuming that this is the one chubbs has !

found it here with all the specs LINK (http://www.surfmountain.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31569)

would definitely be interested in a swap for that for my underblanket depending on its condition obviously

thanks for your help CJ
chat soon :)

cuppa joe
23-03-2013, 07:14 PM
yeah its the same but i'm not after swapping lol ..just showing you the guy that I bought it from and that he is still selling them .
Its a great little tent but it is only small.
If you end up selling your gear you may be interested in buying one.
I bought mine for £59

kesom
23-03-2013, 07:18 PM
lol oh ok i get ya,yes your right it is a nice tent and if i do sell i will definately look into buying it

cheers for that CJ

take care :)

kesom
24-03-2013, 01:53 PM
bump !

kesom
29-03-2013, 06:25 PM
i was hoping to swap everything above for a one man tent and inflatable mat.hopin to get a swap soon or i'll have to try and get as much as i can for em on ebay to get the tent and stuff i need

whats on offer exactly

1 x DD travel hammock/bivi with full whoopie suspension system and hammock sleeve

1 x snugpak hammock underblanket

happy easter all :)

kesom
01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
bump,sleep mat sorted
anyone got a one man tent they'd like to swap ?.................................

marguitar
14-04-2013, 04:06 PM
I got a Storm Shield Xenon tent used once so in excellent condition. Set it up today it's tip top condition. I'm told it is a one man tent - the googles often says 2 all I can see its is roomy enough for one and all your kit easily two would be too intimate. I recieved it has a gift but it weighs in at 3kg packed so was looking for something more light weight for hiking trips. Would be happy to swap for your hammock. All the best. Martin

kesom
14-04-2013, 07:14 PM
hi martin,thanks for the reply,unfortunately im looking for a low profile lightweight tent myself like Highlanders falcon bivi tent or the Snugpak stratosphere or similar profile

anyway's thanks again
all the best k :)

marguitar
14-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Ok Kesom, not a problem and hope you get sorted soon. M

Kernowek Scouser
14-04-2013, 07:28 PM
How tall are you Ken?

If you are 5'8" or less, you might want to have a look at the Gelert Solo (http://www.oswaldbailey.co.uk/eshop.asp?wci=product&wce=51105101&utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=Google-shopping&utm_campaign=froogle-datafeed&CameFrom=obfroogle), as it has a low profile (70cm at its highest point) is reasonably light weight (1.5kgs) and is as cheap as chips (prices start around £25).

On the down side is only has a HH of 2000 (although mine has taken a bettering on several occasions and I remained dry), you can not get your gear inside the inner tent with you, unless you and your gear are very small (but you can stow your gear under the flysheet to keep it dry) and other than lie down in it, there is not a lot else you can do inside the tent.

The Solo is basically a tent that wants to be a hooped bivy and as such is ideal if you are just after something to sleep in, in between tabbing about.

Not a tent for everyone, but it has worked for me in the past and might be a low cost option for you to have a look at.

Good Luck.

kesom
14-04-2013, 07:55 PM
cheers KS
i'm actually just over 6ft,ive seen those gelert solo's aswell and they look ok but as you say size matters ;)

i'll stick it out for another couple of weeks and see what pops up and ill probably just buy a tent and be done with it ,i'l have both set up then aswell
spoiled for choice has to be a good thing :)

cheer's,
ken :)

Badger 73
30-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Hiya Ken , are you in Barnt Green near Bromsgrove ? As i have a Rab Ridge Raider Event hooped bivi that i've only used twice , as i prefer tarp and bivi bag set up . I do fancy a go in a hammock though ! It packs down really small , about 300mm x 150mm i think ,not looked at it since before winter so cant remember exact dimensions , only bought it last year . Go Outdoors and Cotswold did have them if you want to check it out . Its the black and olive version . Cheers .

kesom
02-05-2013, 02:23 PM
sold