PDA

View Full Version : Bush Buddy - Solid Fuel burner

Fellows
09-04-2013, 08:30 PM
I've been collecting bits of wax from my missus tealights from the bathroom, turned them into a bushbuddy, reputed to burn for 9 hours all you need is a tuna can, corrigated card, old teashirt and wax (crayon, candle, ear, whatever)

They are a solid fuel cooker, all you need is a spark and 3 6/9inch nails driven into the ground as a pot stand.

Thoughts? Improvements? Variations?

Silverback
09-04-2013, 08:32 PM
not made or tried one. Welcome to the forum by the way

Fellows
09-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks Sapper, I've been meaning to check the site out for a while, I met Ash a few years ago at a bush moot and wish i'd got on here sooner, it seems like an excellent site

Back to the burner,i haven't lit it yet, i think it will burn a little sooty but should do the job with a crusader cup

Realearner
09-04-2013, 10:14 PM
I made a small one in a vasaline tin, yep it burnt real smokey.

Fellows
10-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Good job the crusader is black as a bag anyyway i guess!!!

Fellows
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Burns nicely

blindgeekuk
10-04-2013, 07:51 AM
I've made a few now, use beeswax if you can, and I tend to melt in a citronella tea-light, just so it adds a third function (stove/light/bug repellent)

Things i've found - smaller tins work best, sainsburys small processed peas are great. Don't add too much card, and don't roll it up too tight, the more card you have, the more soot it gives off.

Fellows
10-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Thats a great idea (bug repellant) i will fo a bit smaller next time as it woyld be great to have the burner, stand, lighter and cup all together with a watrr bottle n tea in one pouch of the rukker.

Cheers for the tips