PDA

View Full Version : Book Library

Fellows
09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I have a bookshelf with books i am never likely to read again, i was wondering if i could start a a library thread of some sort? (moderators?)

If so, we could agree to pay postage and swap, saves buying new ones.

Here are mine up for offer if anyone's interested

Food for Free - Richard Mayey
SAS fitness - Chris Ryan
The Watchman - Chris Ryan
Executive Orders - Tom Clancy
Bushcraft Survival - Raymears
3 Para - Patrik Bishop (CD book)
Bad Company - Jack Higgins
The Judas Gate - Jack Higgins
Into Thin Air
No way down - Graham Bawley
Doctor on Everest - Kenneth Kamler
Storms of Silence - Joe Simpson
Mind Over Matter - Ranulph Fiennes
Dark Winter - Andy Mcnab
The Crossing - Ben Fogle
Mud, Sweat and Tears - Bear Grylls

I'm looking for reference books mainly around bushcraft and woodwork.

If there is another thread similar, sorry if i've stepped on toes.:zombie-fighting:

Chubbs
09-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Thats a really good idea mate, nice one :happy-clapping:

I have some books I don't mind submitting.

I agree that the Mods might like to take a look though.

Tigger004
09-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Seems a resonable request, great thinking

Fellows
10-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Cheers guys, looking forward to seeing what's on offer. If i see any extras on my travels i'll update my list (once i've read them!)

Yungen of Bury
10-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Good idea! occured to me about a month ago that with the advent of e-books/readers the good old book trade clubs would disappear... sad thought, lessened by this, so i thankyou :)

sam_acw
10-04-2013, 12:59 PM
I'd be willing to send a few as well if someone is willing to hold on to them and organise the borrowing.

Yungen of Bury
10-04-2013, 01:02 PM
a sticky post maybe, with a list of books and numbers of copies, aswell as people that have them, then people can simply request a book, by post or pm to those that have it? a few rules to it being the book has to be kept with in the group, cant be held for longer than a certain period, notice of posting to other person must be given.

Fellows
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Making it a centralised system and a sticky would be great. I agree the books should be kept wiyin the group so noone can make a sly quid or two on ebay later.

Would it matter if the person adverting the book also stated postage costs? e.g. P.back £2 h.back £3. Then the book could be posted at the expense of the person who wants it and can resubmit the book when theyve finished with it regardless of timelimit.

I know i run a risk of opening up an opportunity for people to take advantage of free books but if we are all mindful to put a book into the list for every book we take out, everyone's a winner.

Fellows
10-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Or, taking my list at the start as an example, if yiu list your books, n state what you are looking for as a trade, people can approach you by pm.

Im sure there is an easy admin. Solution to this:p

snowleopard
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Good idea,

Joel