PDA

View Full Version : Fallkniven TK5 Knife Review

Ashley Cawley
15-11-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27mGxe_Nns

This knife is priced at around £370.

Martin
15-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Sorry Ash, but that's a stupid amount of money for a knife, particularly one as small as that. I fail to see how that can possibly be justified. :(

Martin

greenpete
15-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Phew... no I have got up off the floor after seeing the price...

Ashley Cawley
15-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry Ash, but that's a stupid amount of money for a knife, particularly one as small as that. I fail to see how that can possibly be justified. :(
Don't apologise; I agree mate.

Nothing wrong with a Mora :wink: I think £4 - £50 is a reasonable price for a knife. It'd have to be something special before I'd be willing to shell out near to a ton.

JEEP
16-11-2010, 06:56 AM
I find Fällkniven way too expensive aswell. Having said that; every time I get to hold one in my hands I want to get one so badly :)

There is, at least for me, no doubt, that Fällkniven are some of the very best knives out there, both when it comes to material quality and overall design, except from the, imho. quite plain, leather sheaths though. But still; the price tag is ridiculously high for a "run of the mill" knife - for that kind of money I could get at least one unique handcrafted knife, made to my own specifikations.

Regards.

Jakob

Ashley Cawley
16-11-2010, 01:50 PM
I find Fällkniven way too expensive aswell. Having said that; every time I get to hold one in my hands I want to get one so badly :) ...
I use and love the Fallkniven F1, now I've spent time with it and it's proved itself to me I can definitely appreciate the price-tag. But I can't jusify the price-tag of the TK5 above.

Paul Webster
20-11-2010, 07:24 PM
After looking at lots of knife reviews and pondering hard, I decided on the F1 too. Seems to be really good quality. The sheath is ok, but i'd like to get a new one from Martin Swinkels.

http://martinsheaths.blogspot.com/2010/08/fallkniven-f1-knife-review-in-sweden.html

Allthegear-noidea
20-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I have the TK4 folding knife. Imho a great little pocket scapel which feels well put together, though f&f left a little to be desired considering the price of the thing.

Great blade -convexed laminated powder steel- nice:cool: that costs (to)much more then equally sized and competent alternatives.

Lovely but pricey.

Ymmv