PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms

freedom
24-04-2013, 09:04 PM

Hi Guys could anyone i/d this mushroom and is it ediable or not.

AdrianRose
24-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Sorry pal. Can't I.D it from that pic alone but I'll check back through my books and notes and see what I can do.

Ade

freedom
24-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Sorry pal. Can't I.D it from that pic alone but I'll check back through my books and notes and see what I can do.

Ade

I will keep hole of the photo and show u

freedom
24-04-2013, 09:25 PM

Ade

Thanks for looking mate, I will keep hold of the photo so you can have a closer look

Geoff Dann
27-04-2013, 09:44 PM
When was the photo taken? In the last few days? Might be Lyophyllum loricatum, although that's a bit of a wild guess from that photo.

ETA: Need a better photo to be sure, and even if that's what it is then you shouldn't pick and eat it, regardless of the fact that it's edible, because it is not very common and there's only a couple of them.

ETA: I see there's some in the foreground, blurred. If that's a recent photo then I'm a bit more tending towards L. loricatum.

freedom
28-04-2013, 06:40 PM
When was the photo taken? In the last few days? Might be Lyophyllum loricatum, although that's a bit of a wild guess from that photo.

ETA: Need a better photo to be sure, and even if that's what it is then you shouldn't pick and eat it, regardless of the fact that it's edible, because it is not very common and there's only a couple of them.

ETA: I see there's some in the foreground, blurred. If that's a recent photo then I'm a bit more tending towards L. loricatum.

The photo was taken this week, its the only photo I have unfortunately

freedom
28-04-2013, 06:48 PM
8020 Just found another photo not much better sorry

Geoff Dann
28-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi freedom,

I'm really not sure - definitely need a better photo. But...I've changed my mind, and now think it is an Entoloma. Maybe E. nitidum.