PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Fix A Hole In Mossi Net ?

Chubbs
26-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Without going into all the boring details, with the help of a friend I ended up falling out of my new Hornet Hammock, straight through the mossi net, leaving a lovely hole :mad2:.

Do any of you guys and gals know of the best way to join the net back together. I know the simplest way would be to hand sew it but I don't think that it would hold for long.

Anybody have any better ideas.

Thanks

Neil

jus_young
26-04-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't think the details would be boring at all :D

Kernowek Scouser
26-04-2013, 10:37 AM
+ 1, I could do with a laugh :D

No idea sorry fella, maybe contact the manufacturer and see what they advise?

Chubbs
26-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Swine !!

I was over the road trying out the hammock and a friend thought it would be funny to drive right up to me in his van and push the hammock. He reversed and did it again and again until I was swinging. At the time I wasn't even laid in it right and I tipped it, my fat backside lying on the floor, surrounded by mossi net stretched like a pair of tights !!. Next it went ping and I was then sat on plain grass.

jus_young
26-04-2013, 10:47 AM
:happy-clapping:

paulthefish2009
26-04-2013, 12:55 PM
fantastic,thats cheered me up mate T^.
seriously though maybe our resident net maker (sorry chap forgot your name) could offer some advice?

Tony1948
26-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Get down to tesco's they where only £4-£5 last year,or duck tap.:happy-clapping:

mountainm
26-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Swine !!

I was over the road trying out the hammock and a friend thought it would be funny to drive right up to me in his van and push the hammock. He reversed and did it again and again until I was swinging. At the time I wasn't even laid in it right and I tipped it, my fat backside lying on the floor, surrounded by mossi net stretched like a pair of tights !!. Next it went ping and I was then sat on plain grass.

I would suggest your friend owes you a new hammock.

Old Guard
26-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Alternativley, cut it off all together, the hammock will still work !! :ashamed:

(get a cheapo mossie head net if your in a 'bug zone')

Chubbs
26-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Alternativley, cut it off all together, the hammock will still work !! :ashamed:

I did think of that but since looking at the damage about 60 % of it is down the seam. I don't do a bad job with the old needle and thread so I might pin it together and fold it a couple of times, creating a very thin seam which can then be sewn together.

Failing that I will be doing as you suggest.

OakAshandThorn
26-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Seriously though maybe our resident net maker (sorry chap forgot your name) could offer some advice?
Hey, asemery! Your assistance is desired :D

Tigger004
27-04-2013, 10:21 AM
If it is mostly seam damage, what I would do is get some narrow tape of a similar colour to the existing and attach it first to the mesh by machine then attach it to the existing tape, hope this makes sense, it does to me....lol

alvino78
27-04-2013, 01:49 PM

i am with this one!!!!!!!!!!!! good story too!

Chubbs
27-04-2013, 02:58 PM
i am with this one!!!!!!!!!!!! good story too!

The only thing that hurt was my pride.

I have just picked up some cotton tape the same width that is on the hammock so I will drag out the sewing machine in the next couple of days.