PDA

View Full Version : Alpkit self inflating mats

RobD
11-06-2013, 08:34 PM
I am looking to get a sleeping mat and quite liked the alpkit ones - especially the wide boy version.

https://www.alpkit.com/sleeping-mats/sleepzone2

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of any alpkit sim they would share.

Are they a good buy?

chrisj
11-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I haven't tried their sleep mats (although I'm looking at getting a Numo). Generally their kit is really good though. And they have a very good reputation for customer service.

Kit Mac
11-06-2013, 09:37 PM
My friend has the alpkit Numo, its a quality pad and he rates it highly. Never seen their SIMs but as mentioned Alpkit are a great company to deal with.

jus_young
11-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Did consider an Alpkit mat but went with a NeoAir XLite in the end. There are reports about them being noisy to sleep on but to be honest, when you take into account all the other noises of rustling bags, tent groundsheets etc. you don't notice it at all. Good and warm too, slept on mine with an open sleeping bag.

ADz
11-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Did consider an Alpkit mat but went with a NeoAir XLite in the end. There are reports about them being noisy to sleep on but to be honest, when you take into account all the other noises of rustling bags, tent groundsheets etc. you don't notice it at all. Good and warm too, slept on mine with an open sleeping bag.

I have the older square NeoLite. I dont think I could ever go back to the self inflating type of mats. The NeoAir packs down so small, its so light and at same time so comfy an got it for about £50 on ebay bargain!

snowleopard
12-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Alpkit is T^

roberts
22-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi there, I have owned and used the alpkit mat for a few years now there very compact and warm plus I've never had Any problems with mine at all its still going strong and still regarly used in fact used it weekend just gone.
So I can recommend them on price and comfort. Hope this helps

Wardy
22-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I have the older square NeoLite. I dont think I could ever go back to the self inflating type of mats. The NeoAir packs down so small, its so light and at same time so comfy an got it for about £50 on ebay bargain!

Been looking at the neoair mattresses, and the foam self inflating for use with my hammock. Would the neoair work?

Peaks
23-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Had mine for about 3 years, plenty of use, no probs whatsoever. Found them to be a great firm to deal with.

jus_young
23-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Been looking at the neoair mattresses, and the foam self inflating for use with my hammock. Would the neoair work?

Have not tried it in the hammock yet, its on the list of things to try so will let you know if I get a chance to try it soon.