PDA

View Full Version : What's in the Back of Your Car?

NickB
25-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Something Beermaker said in the lightweight/heavyweight thread made me wonder about this question

definitely a mule, I want to know I'm ready for whatever comes my way. I don't even get on my motorbike to go to work without two knives, a folding saw, a good length of paracord, a hobo stove and billy, five types of tinder and some fuel, rations and drinks sachets. The car permanently has an army trenching tool (a proper one, not one of those cheap tinny things) survival bag, water, kelly kettle, fuel, tinder, teabags, parang, warm coat, change of clothes, tarp, bits and bobs bag, trolley jack and in it.

I also keep a wool blanket, kelly kettle, tea sugar powdered milk a set of camping pots and pans and cups that I have no room for at home. Thin string, thick string, rope, a spare coat and finely a bag of odds and sods that could make other things out of should the need arise.
At the very least, I might want to make a cup of tea in a long traffic jam!

Realbark
25-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I have a Snugpack response with Tatonka mug n cooker n the makings for tea etc. A FAK, Survival bag and some tinned food. Mora Classic and SAK. I also have a sleepingbag and a change of clothing. Wash kit. Torch. Tealight candle. Fire kit. I travel a lot in the uk in a suit so can be several hundred miles away during the week and dont want to get caught in either weather or traffic etc. And although i use SatNav i also keep a road atlas too.

Im sure i have other stuff in there too but the wifes in the car at the moment as im off today and i cant remember :)

Under My Basha
25-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Two dogs :p needs sorting at the moment just brake down equipment, jackets and d cell mag lite

Silverback
25-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Breakdown kit, a dog cage, jackets, towels, drysuit and water response gear, medical kit, search kit, mountain kit, border collie, VHF Radio.....and enough food and supplies for 24 hours + away from home.....oh and a camp bed, all locked away behind high security slam locks and locking boxes..the collie comes in at night

Goatboy
25-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Tipi, frontier stove, gas stove, boots, books, billhook, two knives, an axe, bowsaw, lightsticks, lantern, torch, fire lighting kit, waterproofs, sleeping bag, change of clothes, water, kettle x2 (one for ciggy lighter other for a fire), tea/coffee, jam & honey, various types of food, batteries, radio, spare medication, eating irons, spare old PAYG mobile and charger, first aid kit, car fluids and some spares, spade folding, paracord, duct-tape, zip ties, (did have some emergency cash stowed away but had to use it recently and haven't put it back yet.), midge repellent and a sharpening kit. Sure there's more tucked away in all the cubby-holes that French MPV's have. But can't think of much more at the moment. (Still get over 50MPG by the way with all this stuff).

ATB,
GB.

Tommy
25-06-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't have any camping, bush-craft or survival type stuff in my car.

I have wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, impact sockets, cordless impact gun, air compressor, tire repair kit, full size spare tire, tow straps and a bunch of other car stuff.

FishyFolk
25-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Normaly nothing, but right now there isa fishing rod, a bow saw blade and my victorinox multitool thingy...

ADz
25-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Spade, Rope and a bag of lime :zombie-fighting:

Silverback
25-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Spade, Rope and a bag of lime :zombie-fighting:

What is this ? Cluedo ?

Mmmmm I have a roll of Police inner and outer cordon tape and some evidence bags.........

JEEP
25-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Folding spade, crowbar/hammer/axe combo tool, small gas stove w. pot, first aid kit, roll of garbage bags and (in the cold months) a blanket.

NickB
25-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Breakdown kit, a dog cage, jackets, towels, drysuit and water response gear, medical kit, search kit, mountain kit, border collie, VHF Radio.....and enough food and supplies for 24 hours + away from home.....oh and a camp bed, all locked away behind high security slam locks and locking boxes..the collie comes in at night

Show off!!:wink:

Silverback
25-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Show off!!:wink:

The question was asked, I answered.......most of the folks on here know what I get upto as a second unpaid career

Tigger004
25-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Normally a few kids

Old Guard
25-06-2013, 08:13 PM
# Czech Army Bedroll
# British army Tarp
# Picnic Blanket
# Set spare clothes & shoes
# Headtorch (cheapo)
# Multitool (cheapo)

noticed no rations, suppose Id better chuck a tin of spam in there LOL

Silverback
25-06-2013, 08:16 PM
thats a thought occasionally chainsaws, ladders, and assorted bits of lumber...but tomorrow I'll be adding an AED, some first aid supplies and a couple of resus mannequins

rossbird
25-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Blanket:rolleye:
Oh, I think there maybe a battery drill.

hedgemumper
25-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I drive a pickup so can't really leave anything in the back and the cab has limited space but there is a box of assorted spanners n stuff, an old jacket, some rope, firefighters...?, a cuddly rabbit, FAK, torch n folding spade, I still can't resist chucking bushcrafty stuff in me grub bag when I go to work, just in case...!

JonnyP
25-06-2013, 09:11 PM
1000 watt amp n a bass box :0)

Silverback
25-06-2013, 09:16 PM
actually come to think of it i drive a van.......so I dont have anything in the back of the car

ian c
26-06-2013, 08:21 AM
At the moment I have a plce bergan fully packed ready for inside m25 meet (its been there about 3 wks) plenty of snares, fenn traps, chainsaw and safety equipment and what ever the Mrs has left in there as she wont dirty her car.

shepherd
26-06-2013, 11:38 AM
2 wool blankets, car repair stuff, spare warm clothes, larger camping stove, pots and pans, energy bars, tea, powered milk, coffee, noodles, couple of 2 litre bottles with water in, and normally a scaled down bushcraft kit with fixed blade, folder, small axe, paracord etc... oh and a ton of rope.

shepherd
26-06-2013, 11:39 AM
oh and i keep alot of my gym gear in the back all the time too so i dont forget stuff... so usually a tub of protein too!

Silverback
26-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Waiting for one of our serving army personnel to came back with....'A section of heavily armed soldiers' ;)

FishyFolk
26-06-2013, 12:06 PM
...oh yes, in winter there is a spade in there....

OakAshandThorn
26-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Nothing - I don't drive...I cycle :cool:

Jon D
08-07-2013, 10:30 PM
A pram........that takes up most of the space in my car boot!

Tigger004
09-07-2013, 05:33 PM
A pram........that takes up most of the space in my car boot!
Oh the joys of fatherhood... :happy-clapping:

FishyFolk
09-07-2013, 06:09 PM
I was lazu after my last trip out, so right now it holds my boots, axe, fishing west, a couple of rod tubes, my get-home, bag, the Mora 2K knife, possibles bag fire kit, etc :-)

Johnnyboy1971
09-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Three plastic storage boxes,
Box 1
Rat pack main meals
Rat pack puddings
4 tins of various foods
Pretty much enough food for two people for three days

Box 2
Coffee. Tea. Trail bars
Sugar. Tubes of jam
Milk powder. Hygiene kit.

Box 3
50mtrs climbing rope
Black diamond transfer shovel.
Wild woodgas stove
Jetboil plus spare gas
Kitchen roll.
Toilet roll
2lts meths
Warm gloves
Leather work gloves
Balaclava
Beanie hat
Trapper hat

Alongside this I also carry 10ltrs of water
Roll of refuse sacks
Walking boots
Gortex jacket
Snugpak elite smock

rossbird
10-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Three plastic storage boxes,
Box 1
Rat pack main meals
Rat pack puddings
4 tins of various foods
Pretty much enough food for two people for three days

Box 2
Coffee. Tea. Trail bars
Sugar. Tubes of jam
Milk powder. Hygiene kit.

Box 3
50mtrs climbing rope
Black diamond transfer shovel.
Wild woodgas stove
Jetboil plus spare gas
Kitchen roll.
Toilet roll
2lts meths
Warm gloves
Leather work gloves
Balaclava
Beanie hat
Trapper hat

Alongside this I also carry 10ltrs of water
Roll of refuse sacks
Walking boots
Gortex jacket
Snugpak elite smock

Bye heck, I could live in the back of your car:)

Johnnyboy1971
10-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Thing is this is in the boot all the time.