PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping with Dogs.

woodsman
16-07-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm not talking about Coyote Ugly...
Just wondered if when people go camping with their four legged friend/s ,
do you have them in your hammock ? Or do you have some other sort of arrangement.
I normally have 3 with me , so it's not an option for me.

This is my doggy setup, but much like my own , I'm always amending/improving it to make it more compfy for the dogs.

This is bad weather mode, but Ive not actually taken them out in bad weather yet.

BJ
16-07-2013, 11:52 AM
They look cosy and well protected, and I know they are well looked after. T^ Nice picture. :)

shepherd
16-07-2013, 11:53 AM
i take my dogs most times i go camping.. mianly because they are brilliant at hearing/seeing people before i do... so if i dont want to be distrubed they give me an early warning to keep my head down!

woodsman
16-07-2013, 06:58 PM
i take my dogs most times i go camping.. mianly because they are brilliant at hearing/seeing people before i do... so if i dont want to be distrubed they give me an early warning to keep my head down!

So where do they sleep ?

jus_young
16-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Chuck mine in the tent with the wife and daughter whilst me and the lad sleep in the hammocks. That way when the dog has been rolling around in whatever he comes across my hammock and sleeping bag stay clean :happy-clapping:

woodsman
17-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Chuck mine in the tent with the wife and daughter whilst me and the lad sleep in the hammocks. That way when the dog has been rolling around in whatever he comes across my hammock and sleeping bag stay clean :happy-clapping:

Great idea, but the Mrs will only sleep in a caravan these days ....

shepherd
17-07-2013, 07:55 AM
So where do they sleep ?

im a ground dweller so normally they are under the tarp with me/on me.. i have a couple of dog blankets they sleep on/in/under.

Rich Brady
18-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Ha mine does that too, doesn't it Steve ;-)

My little Spaniel is very insecure and I kept in on top of me, in my hammock, the last time and haven't repeated it since. She was just too jumpy and noisey.

I may try again tomorrow (assuming the other guys don't mind), as I've spent a lot of time working on her confidence and interested to see if we've made any progress. I think I'd have her on the floor though, clipped to a line spanning two tries, beneath me.

Sar-ian
20-07-2013, 03:43 AM
http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9409&d=1373825238

Hi Steve, she sleeps in the hammock with me... cheers Ian...

woodsman
20-07-2013, 02:22 PM
jeez Ian, are you an insomniac by any chance ?

Sar-ian
20-07-2013, 10:24 PM
jeez Ian, are you an insomniac by any chance ?

no, I work some cock-arse shifts, but I do like the early hours as there tend to be fewer folk about LOL...

Under My Basha
21-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Love camping with my dog but he likes to he himself as a bit of a wanderer. Any ideas? Think a scream in state but he's a big lad.

Under My Basha
21-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Screw*

woodsman
21-07-2013, 07:34 AM
i
Love camping with my dog but he likes to he himself as a bit of a wanderer. Any ideas? Think a scream in state but he's a big lad.

ln my experience those screw in stakes are not reliable. they need ideal ground conditions to work correctly. usually the ground is so hard you cant screw into it or so soft it won't hold the stake with a big dog. My last lab bent the one he was tied to so much that it was no longer screw shaped and we could never get it into the ground again. You could always use a cable with clips either end . put one end around a solid object (tree) and clip it to itself and clip the other end to the dogs collar.