PDA

View Full Version : Flint for trade

MadZ
11-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Hey

after talking to another forum member, i have found that some people may have trouble finding flint in there area, where i live there is an abundance of flint in all different sizes, colors etc

so to help the ones that might not be able to get any flint or only small pieces, i would like to offer some for trade, i cant justify selling it.

at current i have 19 pieces, some of these bits have already been agreed upon to trade, but as an example here is a picture

bare in mind it takes me about 5-7 hours in a single trip to gather the flint and to break it up from brick size bits down to smaller manageable bits, like in the photo

so if any one has anything they would like to trade then feel free to post a trade request, i dont mind what it is and we can come to an arrangement of how many pieces, sizes are going to be required for the desired trade item(s).

only thing i would ask is for postage to be paid on the larger bits of flint (brick size and above) depending on what items are being traded, as i would not want anyone to feel they have been ripped off, under/over traded etc, an as fair as possible policy.

this could be sorted out at the point of the trade where we are getting postage prices for our items.

I am selling/trading this/these item(s) as a private seller/trader and this sale/trade is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell/trade unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit. I would like to add to this that i in no way intend to make profit from the flint i gather, but to receive items in trade for the time put into the gathering of the flint in a pursuit to help others that maybe in such locations that flint is not available.

pics available on request, sizes can be gathered to your requirements(time scale may vary on larger bits), please ask, international members are welcome to trade but please be aware of the laws and regulations that may be in place for certain items, also the cost of postage, just want to keep things as fair as possible.

hope this thread will be of some help to other members of this great community here at NBC

thanks

Madz

David_JAFO
11-08-2013, 11:15 AM
I am selling/trading this/these item(s) as a private seller/trader and this sale/trade is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell/trade unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit.

hello Madz,
As per PM details, I'll trade the Folding Saw (brand new boxed) for pieces of flint. Will arrange if needs be at a later date purchase of more flint if & when required :wink:
Regards
David
Ps. I'll PM you when I post these :wink:

MadZ
11-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Hello

thats fine David, thank you kindly sir.
more is available if and when required, items should be with you sometime this week i'll post back here after posting them in discussed method with required details attached

thank you, happy to have been a help to you, the saw will undoubtedly be a great addition to my kit

cheers

Madz

David_JAFO
11-08-2013, 12:58 PM
hello,
Andy, 'DITTO' :wink: A Gentleman & a Scholar..
Regards
David

shepherd
11-08-2013, 06:20 PM
any other kit your after mate, that I could trade you?

MadZ
11-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi, Shepherd

what size bits are you after?? anything in particular shape wise??

always after leather, para cord, anything really, if you had anything in mind you think might be worth a trade feel free to say what you got, very rarely would i turn things down, one thing i am on the look out for is large feathers (2 foot long), i would like to make an old school pen.

drop me a PM and we can go from there, if you like

thanks for the interest

Cheers

Madz

shepherd
11-08-2013, 07:27 PM
just a couple of small bits bud to have in my kit as another fire option.. large feathers? like pheasant feathers? I have hundreds of them.. could send you some of them regardless! ill have a look over my kit and see what I have to trade, have a ton of paracord too..

MadZ
11-08-2013, 08:07 PM
they will do nicely, para cord is fine by me, every little helps as i'm using tent guy ropes at the moment for cordage, will arrange for the flint to be sent some time this week, when i send David's bits to him, i'll do yours too

cheers

Madz

PS: PM sent to you shepherd

David_JAFO
12-08-2013, 03:35 PM
hello,
Andy, your folding saw is in the post (special delivery) requires a signature. Mailed before lunchtime, so hopefully pending your post, should be with you either tomorrow before 1pm or Wednesday latest. I'll track the item from here as to be sure of arrival enjoy :wink:
Regards
David

David_JAFO
13-08-2013, 01:10 PM
hello,
Another satisfied NBC customer, saw received at destination next day :wink: . Only glad I could assist Andy, I'll look
forward to receiving the flint at your convenience to replenish my dwindling stock which is now nil :eek:
Regards
David

MadZ
13-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Thank you very much, very satisfied indeed

all items have been posted now Dave, bits from the saw trade and the other bits discussed are also included in the package, was sent special delivery should be with you by 1pm tomorrow

regarding the other discussed trade:- I am selling/trading this/these item(s) as a private seller/trader and this sale/trade is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell/trade unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit. I promise to be as honest as possible and keep waiting times on postage to a minimum.

as previously discussed, Ill trade the flint (already sent) for the items talked about via PM

Ps PM sent to you also

cheers

Madz

David_JAFO
13-08-2013, 02:05 PM
hello,
Andy (Madz) I am selling/trading this/these item(s) as a private seller/trader and this sale/trade is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell/trade unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit. I promise to be as honest as possible and keep waiting times on postage to a minimum. Soon as items received as per details Stanley Multi Tool (Gerber) brand new blister packet (sealed) will be mailed asap same 'Special Delivery.' Thanks for the trade very much appreciated, only glad to assist a fellow NBC member :wink:
Regards
David

David_JAFO
15-08-2013, 04:52 PM
hello,
MadZ your 'the Dude' thank you very much for the flint. Received the card in my door yesterday as said as I was out, picked up the box (signed for) this morning when I had a break at the mail depot, every piece a gem, Quality great pieces in there for knapping & fire lighting whoo hoo.. well chuffed. Thanks again.
Regards
David
T^

MadZ
15-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Hey David

Thanks man, your very welcome, i would like to say thanks for the trades as they are a great addition to me kit, the saws great and the multi tool looks pretty mean as well (it arrived this morning), good size and feels pretty sturdy, i can see this becoming an "on me every day tool" like the pocket knife.

I'm pleased your happy with what you received as i thought the smaller squarer pieces may have been to small for what you wanted, if you knapp anything please send me picture or post it on the forum, would love to see how what you make comes out.

thanks again mate

all the best

Andy (Madz)

f0rm4t
16-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Wow! one man's junk, another man's gold.

Where I live (Kent), you can't take a single step without falling over it. Literally!
This is a pile made with what lays around, by people just sitting on the bench.

The entire field you see in front is a bed of flint and chalk.

David_JAFO
16-08-2013, 09:52 AM
hello,
Couldn't access the forum last night to reply server problem or such likes Oops! Every piece of flint a gem can use it to effect & the larger great for knapping well chuffed & the quality brilliant! Yes as you say Paul (f0rm4t) 'one man's junk, another man's gold' great trade off BTW that's what NBC trade is about helping each other out. I had a couple of the Stanley Multi Tools posted a link a while back on such,1 trade with another NBC member, kept two for trade & used 1 myself. Gerber made & I'm quite impressed with the quality. Flints always welcomed here. Keeps the Royal Mail in business too :wink:
Regards
David

f0rm4t
16-08-2013, 10:05 AM
hello,
Couldn't access the forum last night to reply server problem or such likes Oops! Every piece of flint a gem can use it to effect & the larger great for knapping well chuffed & the quality brilliant! Yes as you say Paul (f0rm4t) 'one man's junk, another man's gold' great trade off BTW that's what NBC trade is about helping each other out. I had a couple of the Stanley Multi Tools posted a link a while back on such,1 trade with another NBC member, kept two for trade & used 1 myself. Gerber made & I'm quite impressed with the quality. Flints always welcomed here. Keeps the Royal Mail in business too :wink:
Regards
David

Without trying to step on the op's toes, or trampling over his thread. I'd be happy to send as much as anyone can afford the postage for. Just holler!

Humakt
16-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Wow! one man's junk, another man's gold.

Where I live (Kent), you can't take a single step without falling over it. Literally!
This is a pile made with what lays around, by people just sitting on the bench.

The entire field you see in front is a bed of flint and chalk.

Yes, I also live in God's Clean Land and was thinking the same. It gets in the way more often than not. Bizarre.

David_JAFO
16-08-2013, 07:28 PM
hello,
No problem lads. Just MadZ mentioned where he lives flint being in abundance & was looking for kit, I offered to trade I did offer postage etc.. & If your willing at a later date I'm willing to cover any costs for postage or trade over flint. Thanks for the very generous offers, great to know that the NBC members are willing to assist. Great stuff!
Regards
David

T^

f0rm4t
16-08-2013, 09:48 PM
hello,
No problem lads. Just MadZ mentioned where he lives flint being in abundance & was looking for kit, I offered to trade I did offer postage etc.. & If your willing at a later date I'm willing to cover any costs for postage or trade over flint. Thanks for the very generous offers, great to know that the NBC members are willing to assist. Great stuff!
Regards
David

T^

You just give me a shout when you're in need matie, I'll get as much as you need, no bother!!
...Jesus, I sound like a drug dealer! Ha!

I'm tripping over the stuff David, so it'll be no bother, a pleasure in fact!

f0rm4t
16-08-2013, 09:55 PM
...Thinking about this, and to put it into perspective. In the picture I posted above, The chapel at the bottom of the hill is made of flint & mortar!

David_JAFO
18-08-2013, 01:27 PM
hello,
Gives a whole new meaning to 'Crack' :oops: Always great to know the dealers on the forum :wink:
Regards
David
Ps. Seriously very Big T.Y for the offer.

:jumping-joy:

You just give me a shout when you're in need matie, I'll get as much as you need, no bother!!
...Jesus, I sound like a drug dealer! Ha!
I'm tripping over the stuff David, so it'll be no bother, a pleasure in fact!

Howling Dingo
26-08-2013, 12:52 PM
looks like good stuff..

David_JAFO
26-08-2013, 07:28 PM
hello,
BTW it is. The Sand Stone outer on some of the larger pieces, a mate cut a slice or two with a grinder, the flint pieces dual use, could be used for sharpening knife & fire lighting. Tried & Tested very much more than satisfied with the quality. Sound bloke is MadZ BTW :wink:
Regards
David

:jumping-joy:

surplus 6
12-09-2013, 10:43 PM
madz, I'm not in need of flint at the moment, but you mentioned paracord, were you looking for loose paracord or something made of it. i am just getting into making bracelets/lanyards etc and could use the practice, if you need something give me a shout on pm.

MadZ
14-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Cheers i'll keep that in mind, a few good lengths of cord is something i am missing at the moment been improvising with sticks and what ever i could find.

i could make you a strop if you require one?? skinned a jacket the other day so have a fair bit of leather that would make a nice strop, just a thought

surplus 6
14-09-2013, 12:49 PM
as you can see, I have more spare blue than any other colour. if you'd like some I'll trade for a strope if you'd like.1017710178
here's a couple of bracelets I've done, mine and my daughters. I've done rattle snake key rings, and a couple of lanyards as well. I enjoy it, and my mrs know where I am lol

MadZ
14-09-2013, 01:41 PM
looking sweet, i'm up for that, do you have a size in mind for the strop, the ones i use range from 2" width and 15" long to 4" by 18", so depending on what you want to strop the most may depend on what size you want, my larger one i use for plane blades and large chisels, the axe etc the smaller are for the knifes and finer things, also would you want it to come loaded with compound?? your choice takes 5 minutes to do so its no bother either way, PM me your details, nothing is disclosed to any one else (third parties etc) so you got no worries there, item will be sent via royal mail, special delivery (signature required), and if we post a disclaimer like i done previously with David that should cover everything.

cheers