PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Fancy Another Woodland Valley Camp On The 24th (Next Saturday)

Chubbs
16-08-2013, 05:16 PM
This week has really been a long week. Family have been down from the North and spending all this time with them has drained us all.

So, does anybody fancy another night out next Saturday at the same camp. It has easy access for cars and the composting toilet is only two minute walk away !!.

Neil

Big T
16-08-2013, 05:53 PM
I would be up for it mate! Was gona suggest going tomorrow if anyone's up for it!?

Chubbs
16-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I cant do tomorrow as its a bit short notice for my wife's working timetable but deffo next week though.

Kernowek Scouser
16-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Been a long week for me too, on top of bouncing between home and Treliske for a good part of the week (and West Cornwall for the last two days, which at least is far less of a hike) I started a new job on Monday. My head is spinning and I am completely cream crackered; so I entirely sympathise with you Neil.

In my heart I would love go for a camp tomorrow Anthony, but the rest of my body is saying no. So as sad as it might sound, I'm going to spend my first non working weekend (in far too long a time) doing as little as possible and gathering my wits, between hospital visits.

I might be up for a week Saturday, but it will depend on whether I'm still popping over the West Cornwall on a daily basis.

So basically I'm just registering an interest, I will keep an eye on the thread and will rock up if I am able too.

Atb.

Colin

Big T
16-08-2013, 07:30 PM
No worries Neil, just thought I would chuck the idea out there and see what happens! I'm supposed to be going to the VW jamboree next wend but as I havnt heard from my mate who was organizing it then I'm up for another camp! Was a bit of a come down when I got home last Sunday!

Chubbs
16-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Alright mate, you have twisted my arm, even though it didn't take much !!.

I won't be there until late afternoon as this will give me time to hand the kids over, but I will be there if you fancy it mate and I can't leave you in Bigfoot Woods all by yourself can I !!.

Big T
16-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Your up for it tomorrow then?? :-D

Chubbs
16-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Your up for it tomorrow then?? :-D

Yes mate.

I will phone Chris tomorrow morning to confirm, should be no problem though.

I will bring some firewood to keep us going but like I said, I won't be there until about half four in the afternoon.

Big T
16-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Sweet! I will prob be there bout the same time as I'm going to the steam and country show at stithians!

Big T
16-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I will bring my bbq and some chicken, bangers, spuds etc if thats ok for you for dinner!?

Ashley Cawley
16-08-2013, 08:11 PM
It's due to be quite wet tomorrow through the day but dries up in the evening I think - weather aside I think you might be quite surprised at what you find at Woodland Valley tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Big T
16-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Sounds intriguing.........u got me worried now!

Ashley Cawley
16-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Sounds intriguing.........u got me worried now!
I wouldn't worry - the surprise will be a good one.
T^

Big T
16-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Playboy bunny convention in the woods!?;-)

f0rm4t
16-08-2013, 08:42 PM
It's due to be quite wet tomorrow through the day but dries up in the evening I think - weather aside I think you might be quite surprised at what you find at Woodland Valley tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Just a thought Ash, but have you considered a national NB meet? Perhaps a charitable occasion where all profits go to a charity(s) chosen by NB. Invite notable faces to talk or demo etc etc la la la.

Anyway, probably had too much mead! Just a thought :)

Chubbs
16-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't worry - the surprise will be a good one.
T^

Now that's got me thinking Ashley :confused:

The food sounds great T. I have some belly pork to bring amoungst other things so it should be another great feast.

Ashley Cawley
16-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I have some belly pork to bring amoungst other things so it should be another great feast.
Watch that Black lab - he might be cute but he's a bugger for eating tasty meat! - I remember returning to camp with Scott one time after we'd been out fishing and that dog had raided camp and ate most of Scott's food! Not cheap when it was quality stuff from Kingsley Village.

Either that or there are Cornish Bears.

Chubbs
16-08-2013, 08:59 PM
We met the black lab last week and it wouldn't leave us alone until we had finished breakfast. It sat next to Brad until he fed it his food and then left.

Rasputin
17-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Now that's got me thinking Ashley :confused:

The food sounds great T. I have some belly pork to bring amoungst other things so it should be another great feast.

mmmmm Red beans, rice,chorizo and belly pork .....eat it untill the cows come home nom nom

Rasputin
17-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Watch that Black lab - he might be cute but he's a bugger for eating tasty meat! - I remember returning to camp with Scott one time after we'd been out fishing and that dog had raided camp and ate most of Scott's food! Not cheap when it was quality stuff from Kingsley Village.

Either that or there are Cornish Bears. Dont dismiss the bear theory Ash,after all theres a silverback up north, lol

Big T
17-08-2013, 06:59 AM
The cute black beast of the woods made off with my loaf of bread last weekend! Fair game though, I did leave it in the open!

jus_young
17-08-2013, 07:13 AM
You want to go down to the far end of the bottom woods, Beech End, as its less likely to bother you there. Not too far to walk, Neil has been there with us lot before.

Big T
17-08-2013, 07:27 AM
It's cool, not that bothered! I'm a sucker for dogs!B-)

Big T
17-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Awesome weather! Hopefully it will clear soon!

jus_young
17-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Where are you?

Big T
17-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Hiya! Me and chubbs decided against it cause of the weather etc, Neil ( Chubbs) tried to get hold of Chris to find out if we could camp but he was busy and we couldnt get hold of him! We assumed that something big was happening up there so we might not be able to camp and as no one else said they were up for it I didn't post to say we wernt going to turn up! Sorry, hope u have a wicked time!

Chubbs
17-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Bugger, didn't know that anybody else was camping over there. Tried to phone Chris this morning but he was busy, Oh well, maybe next week.

Big T
18-08-2013, 10:58 AM
How long are u guys there? U staying sun nite?

jus_young
18-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Still here mate.

Big T
18-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Will see if I can pop up now! Are u staying the night?

jus_young
18-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Some are. See you shortly.

jus_young
18-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Bottom wood, far end by the way.

Big T
19-08-2013, 03:53 PM
So who's up for next sat!?:-D

Ashley Cawley
19-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Was great too meet you Tony, sorry about the confusion chaps.

Big T
19-08-2013, 04:07 PM
No worries mate! Was great to meet you and the others, I'm always carp are meeting New people so must apologise if I was a bit quiet! Cheers for the go at axe throwing, think I'm gona have to get some of them! Bit of a come down now I'm home but have been busy knocking up a tripod to keep me amused! Give me a shout if ure out again anytime, I'm always up for a camp.:-D

Ashley Cawley
19-08-2013, 05:03 PM
No worries mate! Was great to meet you and the others, I'm always carp are meeting New people so must apologise if I was a bit quiet! Cheers for the go at axe throwing, think I'm gona have to get some of them! Bit of a come down now I'm home but have been busy knocking up a tripod to keep me amused! Give me a shout if ure out again anytime, I'm always up for a camp.:-D

No worries bud; anyone sat next to Phil would seem quiet in comparison! Lol. We all know each other to varying degrees, you did we'll not to run away considering some of the stuff that came out during the drunken banter lol.

Tripods are good eh? Obviously we don't always carry that much heavy-gear, just when your having a group social it's nice to have some luxuries :) ... Like the throwing axes! Good fun and you seemed a bit of a natural at it.

Big T
19-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Drunken banter was quite tame!;-). It's nice to have a few luxuries, after all were there to enjoy ourselves! Been looking at axes online, just gota convince "er indoors" it's a good idea for me to be throwing lethal objects around the garden! Lol!

jonni_uk
19-08-2013, 08:31 PM
I may be up for it Big T. I am supposed to be going to the world sweed chucking but the wife is having second thoughts. If we don't go then I will be down.

Big T
20-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Sweet, be good to see ya if u can get down mate!

Big T
22-08-2013, 09:44 AM
So, whos up for this!? Im thinking of getting there about 2ish. If i have got a dutch oven by then im thinking of knocking up some stew type concotion if anyone fancys it? Also gonna take my air rifle for a bit of plinking.

Chubbs
22-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Looks like its Thee, Me and possibly He then !!.

Edit= A mate just phoned me about fishing tomorrow so we might have a bit of fresh Mackerel for supper.

Big T
22-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Sweet! Jon can't make it so it looks like just me n thee!

Chubbs
22-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Oooh, nice and cosy and dinner for two !!.

Big T
22-08-2013, 09:47 PM
I''ll bring the lambrini!

Chubbs
22-08-2013, 11:09 PM
I''ll bring the lambrini!

:camping:

Big T
22-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Steady mate, this is how rumours start!

Big T
23-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Just seasoning the Dutch oven with a few beers, either the beer is bloody strong or the oven is smokin, gettin hard to see in here! Lol!

Chubbs
23-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Nice one mate.

Just got back from Mylor Harbour with the Mackerel for tomorrow night so all I need to do is bring the lemon and butter !!.

Have you arranged it with Mr Jones Tony.

Big T
23-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Cool. I tried ringin earlier but no answer!

Big T
24-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Just rang Chris, no probs! Apparently there is another group in the bottom woods so he said Italy's be best to go in the top half! :-D

Chubbs
24-08-2013, 11:29 AM
No probs mate. Oldest daughter is now looking after the little uns, so will be there once I have been to see the missus in Redruth.

Leaving in about ten minutes and will see you soon.

Scott
24-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Have a good weekend I wish I could come and join you all but I have a wedding to go to.

Big T
25-08-2013, 12:48 PM
No worries Scott! Have to catch up soon! A gd time was had by me and Neil!

Chubbs
25-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Have a good weekend I wish I could come and join you all but I have a wedding to go to.

Maybe next time mate, hopefully see you soon.

Another great camp had at Woodland Valley. This time Big T made the grub in his new Dutch Oven. A full bottle of Red Vino went into it and my god was it good, especially dunking bread in the sauce !!. Gave up after about two hours trying to get the footy results on the radio. Why is it French and Spanish radio channels blast everything else out. Plenty of noisy owl's in the woods last night which was nice to hear but we both turned in earlier due to the big rain drops.

A great night had by both of us and it won't be long before we have another trip over there again.

Big T
25-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Cheers mate, compliments from a chef are very welcome! Been home bout 5 hours and bored stiff already.......

Chubbs
25-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Been out in the garden and attacked that tarp with bleach, the garden brush and a hose.

All my kit now sorted and ready for next time. Shame about the new camp kettle though !!.

Big T
25-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Sweet, that is one heavy duty tarp! Did it come up ok? My gear is sorted, just finished the stew for dinner and now having a soak in the bath. Was a shame bout the kettle but it prob was a bit flimsy if it burnt through that easy! I have started to get the bits together to knock you up a tripod, should have it done in the next few days. I'll chase up the other 2 sites and see if it's ok to go there next tome if ya want? Take it easy mate.

Chubbs
25-08-2013, 09:02 PM
The tarp came up very well, it was worth cleaning it.

I'm deffo up for the other sites. You know the situation, as long as the kids are sorted it will be ok.

More tales to follow from Big Foot Woods !!.

Scott
25-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Did you have a chance to set up your new tent????

Chubbs
26-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Not yet mate but hopefully in the next couple of days after I try and find some instructions for it !!.

It always kills my back and legs after been in the woods so I suffer for a few days afterwards and leaves me not able to do anything.