PDA

View Full Version : Out somewhere in Cornwall most weekends!

Pages : [1] 2

Big T
02-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi all,

As most of you in the southwest have probably gathered by my many posts I'm up for a camp most weekends! To save putting up hundreds of posts I thought it would be easier if I just pulled this one post up and bump it when I'm planning a trip! So to kick it off I'm most probably heading up to woodland valley farm again this weekend, if anyone wants to join me your more than welcome! :-D

Big T
06-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Won't be going this Saturday, just incase anyone was thinking of going!

Skate
06-09-2013, 05:40 PM
I will be up for a couple of nights down Cornwall way if they will let me over the border :) Normally only know if I'm free quite close to the time. Would be great to visit a new location and meet some new people. Met Chubbs briefly at the bison farm. Will be in touch when I know I can come out to play.

Ferrell freddy
06-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Same as before buddy if I can get away I'll be there! I'll have my own tripod by then!

Kernowek Scouser
06-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Just seen this thread.

Fate has a habit of stepping in at the last minute, whenever I put my hand up to attend a meet, so I am wary of tempting her. But I am free on Saturday 21st / Sunday 22nd and if anything were to be arranged for that weekend, all things being equal, I should be able to make it. After that, it would be the weekend of October 12th onwards.

Big T
06-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Skate, I'm sure we can smuggle you over the border somehow! Steve, be good to cya again! Colin, hopefully our paths will cross sometime in the near future! Lol!
I just been informed that I have to attend a christening on Sunday the 15th so won't be out that weekend, maybe pencil in the 21st? I'm up for a 2 day camp if anyone else is!? Be good to meet some new faces!:-D

Kernowek Scouser
06-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I can't see any harm pencilling in the 21st.

Big T
07-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Sweet. Might be tempting fate but if your up for this wack your name down below! Be good to get ideas of numbers so we can arrange food etc!:-D

1) BigT

Kernowek Scouser
07-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Sweet. Might be tempting fate but if your up for this wack your name down below! Be good to get ideas of numbers so we can arrange food etc!:-D

1) BigT

1) BigT
2) Fate's plaything :D

Chubbs
07-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Me, me, me, me !!

Big T
07-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Gd lad! If we get enough people maybe go for your famous ribs mate!?B-)

Chubbs
07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Gd lad! If we get enough people maybe go for your famous ribs mate!?B-)

That sounds like a good idea.

Big T
07-09-2013, 08:20 PM
He'll yeah!:-D

campinggirl72
07-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi guys
I am wanting to learn about bushcraft etc. I am a female so find it a bit difficult as where to go and find a group. Any suggestions would be great. I live in cornwall falmouth way and have most weekends free.
Lyn

Big T
07-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi Lyn! Come along on the 21st! We're going do woodland valley farm up at ladock. We're a friendly bunch! :-D

Skate
08-09-2013, 09:15 AM
1) BigT
2) Fate's plaything
3) Me, me, me, me!!
4) Skate (hopefully)

campinggirl72
08-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Sounds great, can you tell me more and what I need to bring and how I can get there, as I don't drive :(
Thanks again Lyn

Big T
08-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Cool. All you would need to bring is a sleeping bag, a tent or a hammock (if you don't have a tent I'm sure we can come up with one!) maybe something to sit on, and a bottle or 2 of your favourite tipple (if you fancy it!) We have most other things! I'm coming from Helston so could pick you up on the way if you want? Check out their website - www.woodlandvalleyfarm.co.uk. It costs 5 quid a night.:-D

campinggirl72
08-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Big T, that sounds fantastic. How many nights or is it just the sat night and back sunday?

Big T
08-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Sweet! Depends on what everyone wants to do!? I don't mind a 2 nighter, if people want to do that then Maybe it would be best to go Fri night and Sat night as some will need to be home for work on Monday! I'm pretty flexible!

Chubbs
08-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi Campinggirl and welcome to the forum.

If you fancy a night out I'm sure that we can all kit you out if you are short of anything. I have plenty of tents, sleeping bags and other stuff if you need it for the night.

The site is very basic, no showers or plumbed in toilets but it has a top of the range composting toilet with its own built in air conditioning and wildlife !!.

Big T
08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Basic! I prefur the term rustic! lol!

campinggirl72
08-09-2013, 10:50 AM
LOL I don't mind not having a shower, if I have water I can freshen up til home. I have a small tent (never used ) I have a sleeping bag but its a micro one don't know if it will take a cold night? I have mess tins, plate etc. No stove but means of making fire! I just need a seat and something to sleep on like a camp bed I can have a look for one of those in argos! I work friday nights in centre ofTruro and finish at 6.30 is this a problem for a lift?

Big T
08-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm sure we cam kit you out with enough gear to keep you warm! I can bring you a seat. Lift shouldn't be a prob, ladock is only bout 10mins away! would you be ready to go straight from work?

campinggirl72
08-09-2013, 11:22 AM
yes i could take my kit with me or could take the night off thinking about it. what sort of time did you want to go on the friday I could go from first thing if I take the day and night off. I am owed some time :)

Big T
08-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm prob working on the Friday but I'm self employed so can Finnish early! I was thinking of heading up that way bout 3ish, will give plenty of time to set up camp before dark! If you want to Finnish a little early and help set stuff up then your more than welcome!

campinggirl72
08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah that sounds great. I will take night shift off so I will finish work and be ready for 2pm onwards. Where should we meet as I will be in penryn or could meet at truro train station?

jus_young
08-09-2013, 11:55 AM
LOL I don't mind not having a shower, if I have water I can freshen up til home. I have a small tent (never used ) I have a sleeping bag but its a micro one don't know if it will take a cold night? I have mess tins, plate etc. No stove but means of making fire! I just need a seat and something to sleep on like a camp bed I can have a look for one of those in argos! I work friday nights in centre ofTruro and finish at 6.30 is this a problem for a lift?

If you are looking for something to sleep on Lyn, you will be better with some form of mattress. A camp bed won't give you any form on insulation properties under your body and you will find that the cold will start to get to you. Have a look through the forum to get some idea of what would suit you best based on your available budget. To be honest, looking through the Argos site, they are very limited on what they can provide with this being the nearest suitable thing but it is a bit thin.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3401785.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

You would be better paying Cotswold Outdoor a visit, they have a store in Truro. This will give you some idea of the more suitable type of mats rather than the 'family camping/glamping' type.

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/equipment/sleeping-equipment/sleeping-mats-pillows

As for sleeping bags, well there are all sorts out there but a good 3 season bag would suit you best and these can be picked up very cheaply until you find your feet. Once you start meeting folk and seeing some of the gear they have you will get an idea of the direction you will want to go in regarding your camping/bushcrafting equipment.

Big T
08-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Lyn, have PM'd you!:-D

Big T
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM
1) BigT
2) Fate's plaything
3) Me, me, me, me!!
4) Skate (hopefully)
5) Johnny_uk

campinggirl72
08-09-2013, 12:50 PM
I will be in truro tomorrow so will go and have a look at what i can see and afford. Thanks for the advice Jus, see i don't drive so I look at getting as small as poss to carry but I forget people can always give me a lift lol :) thanks again.
Lyn

Kernowek Scouser
08-09-2013, 02:40 PM
It's a mates Birthday on the Friday and as my ability to recuperate from a skinfull is not quite what it was, I very much doubt I would be setting off before noon on the Saturday. So it would be Saturday night / Sunday morning for me (but I could do Sunday night too, as I am not in work 'til 2pm on the Monday).

I'll be on foot / using public transport, so I will not have much spare space to bring much spare gear other than what I need, plus booze, But I have got a couple of unused Hexi stoves knocking about, so If I think on, I'll pop one in my pack for Lyn. ditto any other spare handy bits of kit.

Also, if there is going to be a communal meal Saturday evening, it would be easier for me to chip in funds, rather than ingredients, again due to space issues.

I'll whisper this in case Fate is listening but, I'm rather looking forward to finally putting face to usernames.
:D

Big T
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Ok mate, no worries! As far as food goes, a communal meal on Sat nite is a good idea! Was gona ask chubbs to make his legendary bbq ribs but I'm open to suggestions!

jonni_uk
08-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I will be coming. If anyone needs kit sleeping bags,sleeping mats tents,cook kits. I can kit out about 3 people just let me know. I also have a spare tarp and hammock.

Big T
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Gd lad!

campinggirl72
09-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Brilliant, I will have a tent with me but would love to give a hammock a go! I have no stove but I do have a mess tin or 2. As I said to big T I only have a little summer sleeping bag, so will defo need something warmer, until I save enough to start buying stuff SLOWLY lol. Its a bit exspensive on my wage but I will get there :) thanks and look forward to meeting you all.

Big T
09-09-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm sure we can come up with a stove for you, I think I got a hexi burner you can have. Prob won't need it though as the fire will be going non stop anyway!:-D

campinggirl72
09-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Great, I won't ask what a hexi burner is because it will really make me look like a no idea person lol

campinggirl72
09-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I was looking at stove things earlier around £75 I nearly passed out lol

Big T
09-09-2013, 06:54 PM
You can spend a fortune on a stove! A popular one to go for is a swedish army Trangia, comes with the burner, 2 Billy cans/pots and a wind shield. Can pick them up for around 20 quid. Google is your friend!

Skate
09-09-2013, 07:06 PM
What's the crack with firewood? Can you collect or buy it there or should we bring some? I have lots of spare kit as well so will fill the car up in case you want to try out anything Lyn :) Have a parachute as well if needed.

Big T
09-09-2013, 07:13 PM
We can collect windblown firewood on site but seeing as there is going to be a few of us then of you could bring some that would be awesome! Might be worth bringing some gear just incase anyone needs it. Cheers for the offer! I should have my chute by then, if not then it would be useful if you could bring yours, I will let you know mate!

Skate
09-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Will start collecting some wood then. From previous posts it seems air rifles are allowed so might bring my toy :)

jus_young
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
The owner doesn't mind the thinning of rabbits or grey squirrels on his farm as both are a bit of a pest, just need to let him know beforehand. If you find the lake then there is fishing available too.

Big T
09-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Bring it along skate, worst come too the worst we can always do a bit of tin can bashing! What have you got?

Skate
09-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Air Arms s410 carbine superlite .177. Its ambidextrous (I'm a lefty) if you want a play. Keen sea fisherman but know nothing of the fresh water variety.

Kernowek Scouser
09-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Just out of interest, are bows allowed at WVF, not for hunting as that would be illegal, just for target practice?

jonni_uk
09-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Brilliant, I will have a tent with me but would love to give a hammock a go! I have no stove but I do have a mess tin or 2. As I said to big T I only have a little summer sleeping bag, so will defo need something warmer, until I save enough to start buying stuff SLOWLY lol. Its a bit exspensive on my wage but I will get there :) thanks and look forward to meeting you all.
Hi camping girl
I will bring you a hammock and a tarp and a artic sleeping bag. If there is anything else you would like to use or can think of just let me know. ATB jon
Do you need a sleeping mat?

campinggirl72
09-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Great thanks for that, I would have no idea as to what I would need though :/ I shall be bringing a metal detector though, you never know what it might find. Really looking forward to this this weekend should be a blast :)

jonni_uk
09-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi skate only just seen that you are bring extra kit. Is Lynn camping girl? Do you have everything she wants Or shall I still bring extra kit?

jonni_uk
09-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Great thanks for that, I would have no idea as to what I would need though :/ I shall be bringing a metal detector though, you never know what it might find. Really looking forward to this this weekend should be a blast :)

Just bring some warm clothes hat gloves and warm socks. it can get a bit cold just sitting around. Between me and Skate you will have everything you need. I will be there 3pm Friday.

Big T
10-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Nice one Johnny! Colin, I don't see any reason why you couldn't bring a bow! Be good to have a play on your air arms skate!:-D

Skate
10-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi Johnny, only bit of kit I don't have is a spare sleeping bag. If we all bring plenty of kit it should be okay for camping girl72.

jonni_uk
10-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Ok skate sounds good. Where in east Devon are you? I am in okehampton if you want a lift and are leaving around 2pm on Friday I could pick you up. I am Jon bye the way looking forward to meeting up with you and the others and look forward to seeing Tony (Big T) again. ATB Jon

Chubbs
10-09-2013, 09:02 AM
I don't know whether I will be there for the two days but deffo up for one night so will have to persuade Her Highness.

I have plenty of kit available for Campinggirl. If Big T starts a list on the thread, we can tell what we are bringing for her to avoid confusion and forgetting anything. I have a camping bed, sleeping bags, Polish Army mattress and a tent if needed.

It will be great to meet up with some new faces as Big T and me putting the world to rights each time is starting to upset the wildlife.

Big T
10-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Nice one chubbs! If you want to list what you can bring for Lyn then others can add anything you arnt bringing!

Kit list for Lyn;

Chubbs -

Big T
10-09-2013, 09:09 AM
As a sideline, I might be popping up to woodland valley this Friday night......im getting itchy as its been over a whole week since I was in the woods! Anyone wants to tag along that's cool!:-D

Chubbs
10-09-2013, 10:04 AM
What time you thinking of getting there mate.

jonni_uk
10-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi Chubbs.
Wich night are you coming and what night or nights is Lynn staying? Only asking because if you are bring her kit and if she is staying two nights then she will need kit for both nights.
Big T and myself are getting there around 3pm on Friday. ATB Jon

Big T
10-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Chubbs, this Friday Im pretty flexible as I havnt got much work at the mo! I'd you mean the 20th, I'm getting there for about 3ish.

Big T
10-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Johnny, I think she is staying 2 nights.

campinggirl72
10-09-2013, 01:54 PM
She is indeed :jumping-joy:

Skate
10-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey Jon, I'm in Exmouth and have my own transport which means I can come and go when I like but thanks for the offer. Looking forward to meeting some more like minded people and having a laugh round the fire.

Big T
10-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Be good to meet ya mate, can't beat a gd natter over a few beers around the fire!:-D

campinggirl72
10-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Just putting a survival tin together, I just need some hooks and line, so will get to trago and also see if I can get a knife whilst I am there :)

Chubbs
10-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Sorry guys and gals, this Friday is a no, no for me. The missus has her first Saturday off in months so we will be taking the kids out for the day. Next week is not a definate two nights for me. I have really got to see what the back is like before I can commit to it. One night will not be a problem so I will have to see how it goes.

Regarding the gear for campinggirl, I think it will be best if you guys sort it out for her and if you need anything urgent, I will drive it down if I don't make both nights.

Sorry for messing you all about but it just got me thinking a few minutes ago. I have been in the garden all day pressure washing it. An easy job for most people but now I'm in agony and have just had to have a dose of very strong medication. Depending on what I do before a meet depends on the time I can take part.

Big T
10-09-2013, 07:18 PM
No worries mate, u look after yourself! If your up for a visitor I will be over groom way tomorrow and could swing past if your free?

Big T
10-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Groom!? Meant Troon! Stupid predictive txt fone thing! Aaaaahhhh!

Chubbs
10-09-2013, 08:07 PM
If your up for a visitor I will be over groom way tomorrow and could swing past if your free?

Groom, Swing, Free ??? :wink:

My days of being a free spirit are sadly over but I was tempted :tongue:

Pop over mate, I will be home. I will PM you my address.

jonni_uk
10-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Chubbs hope I get to meet you on another camp. If your not that far away pop down for a beer around fire if you can't stay

jonni_uk
10-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Just putting a survival tin together, I just need some hooks and line, so will get to trago and also see if I can get a knife whilst I am there :)

Hi camping girl.
I would hold back on a knife until you talk to some of us at the camp. I think everyone here will tell you to get a mora for your first knife. From around £10 - £15 I don't think they sell them at trago not the one in Newton abbot maybe they do down your way.
I can bring you a mora to use. I would like to see your survival tin and what you have in it.

campinggirl72
11-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Yeah no probs, you will laugh at my tin no doubt but I thought long and hard about what to put in it. I still need a couple of things like hooks and a whistle but its getting there. lol

Big T
12-09-2013, 07:24 AM
What have you got in your tin?

campinggirl72
12-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Hairbrush, lipstick, mirror small bottle of purfume and a showercap :) think I did really well. ;)

jonni_uk
12-09-2013, 09:59 AM
My wife has the same survival tin but she managed to get a pair of straighteners and a hairdrier in hers. Lol

Sar-ian
12-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi folks, sorry to "butt" in, this is for Lyn, if you're looking at kit check out military mart, link at bottom, they do so excellent kit and its "cheap as chips" and there customer service is excellent, postage is reasonable as well, but I'm sure the rest of the gang can help point you in the right direction , enjoy, cheers Ian...

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/

campinggirl72
12-09-2013, 10:35 AM
I am still laughing my head off here, I have lots of things and will show you all next weekend :)

Big T
12-09-2013, 10:37 AM
I got quite a few odds n sods I will bring along, might be of use to someone!:)

Chubbs
12-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi folks, sorry to "butt" in, this is for Lyn, if you're looking at kit check out military mart, link at bottom, they do so excellent kit and its "cheap as chips" and there customer service is excellent, postage is reasonable as well, but I'm sure the rest of the gang can help point you in the right direction , enjoy, cheers Ian...

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/

Hey Ian

Please don't ever think you are 'butting in'. If it wasn't for people with a wealth of knowledge like yourself, this forum would cease to exist. This is what we want, as many members as possible with the skills and knowledge to help us all. This forum has opened up a new chapter in my kids and my life. We do a lot more together now and its all down to people like yourself, so I thank you.

Have to agree with you on Military Mart. A cracking company with cheap prices and great customer service.

Cheers Neil

campinggirl72
12-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Will be looking at the site when I get home thanks for that.
Nice one Tony ;) might have to bring a bottle of something for you all for being so kind. ;-)

Big T
12-09-2013, 11:43 AM
No worries, like chubbs said, were all here to help eachother out! Another website to check out is www.militarykit.co.uk I bought a sleeping bag and some combats from there the other day, very good on prices and delivery was awesome!

Big T
14-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Less than a week to go! Yay!

Chubbs
14-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Did you go Friday mate

Big T
14-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Nah, by the time I had picked up my gun cabinet from st makes and got home it was bit too late to go! Roll on Friday!

jonni_uk
14-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Looking forward to it. It's not often I can get all of my toys out to play. Roll on Friday.

Big T
15-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Gd lad Jonny! If you could bring some kit for Lyn that would be awesome! For those of us who will be out oh Friday night I was thinking of knocking up a communial stew or a chilli if anyone's interested!? I think chubbs is knocking one up for Saturday night too so if stew ain't your thing or you don't fancy it 2 days in a row then prob best if you bring some munch with you!

jonni_uk
15-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I have every thing that lyn needs. Sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner,Basha,Hammock,stove and much more
all she has to do is turn up. I will eat anything but if I had to choose chilli all the way. Do you want me to bring anything or are you get it all and I will put towards it?

Chubbs
15-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Shall I bring the ingredients for the chilli

Big T
15-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Was thinking of doing that Friday night chubbs, are u coming for both nights?

Chubbs
16-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Was thinking of doing that Friday night chubbs, are u coming for both nights?

I can't see me coming both nights mate, more than likely just the Saturday. Leave it with me, I will see if I can sort it with the missus this evening. Its the usual problem of sorting out the kids as Tanya will be working but I will beg the oldest to have them on Saturday morning.

Big T
16-09-2013, 09:08 AM
No worries mate, was just thinking bout sorting food out! Will try and get a definite list of who is going to turn up so we will have an idea of numbers!

Big T
16-09-2013, 09:20 AM
We're getting close now so it would be helpful if you could add your name and how many nights you are staying!

1) Big T - Fri/Sat.

campinggirl72
16-09-2013, 09:24 AM
2) Lyn Fri/Sat

campinggirl72
16-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Just realised I did that wrong lol
1) Big T fri/sat
2) Lyn fri/sat

Skate
16-09-2013, 10:58 AM
1) Big T fri/sat
2) Lyn fri/sat
3) Skate fri/sat
can bring food for group meal or bacon and eggs and rolls for communal breakfast.

Big T
16-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Nice one mate! I will sort dinner out if everyone's happy with chilli!? If you want to bring anything then bacon and eggs would be welcome! Could you bring your chute aswell? I should hopefully have mine by then but just incase!

jonni_uk
16-09-2013, 11:40 AM
1) Big T fri/sat
2) Lyn fri/sat
3) Skate fri/sat
4) Jon fri/sat

campinggirl72
16-09-2013, 07:24 PM
I am trying to sort my food out as I am a veggie and I am finding it difficult lol, its carrying it unless, kind Tony picks me up from home and puts it in the boot for me :) then I shall be fine. I will learn as i go along about how to pack things etc. :confused2:

Big T
16-09-2013, 07:44 PM
No worries, I can pick you up from your door! We can park real close in the woods too so no probs there! Food wise, if you can boil it, reheat, add water or fry then it shouldn't be a prob! I might bring some spuds and tin foil, wrap them up and Chuck them in the fire makes the best ever jackets!

campinggirl72
16-09-2013, 08:17 PM
sounds blooming marvelous matey, I will give you a bell on thursday if you like to arrange time etc. I managed today to get friday afternoon off. So long as I have me coffee I am happy

Big T
16-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Sweet.

Skate
16-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Will bring the chute. Latest weather says wet Thursday then getting better and better :)

campinggirl72
16-09-2013, 09:32 PM
who is bringing me the hammock???? I am so excited to be trying one out :jumping-joy:

jonni_uk
16-09-2013, 10:26 PM
who is bringing me the hammock???? I am so excited to be trying one out :jumping-joy:

I think I am. I will bring everything you need

jus_young
16-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Envious.

Been out too much recently and just spent the weekend out with the Scouts. Have a nice time folks and catch you on another one.

campinggirl72
16-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Nice one jonny!!!! so excited, I can't wait to make a fire and cook up a hot meal :)

jonni_uk
16-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Nice one jonny!!!! so excited, I can't wait to make a fire and cook up a hot meal :)

I am excited to and I was only camping on dartmoor 2 weeks ago. Lol

Big T
17-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Looks like good weather then skate! The sun always shines on the righteous! Lol! Bummer jus, maybe next time mate. I'm kinda excited too, it's only been 2 weeks since I was last in the woods but seems alto longer, been climbing the walls at home for the past few days!

campinggirl72
17-09-2013, 09:20 PM
I have to try and bake this Bannock bread, sounds gert lush !!!! ;)

Islandlady
18-09-2013, 12:00 PM
1) Big T fri/sat
2) Lyn fri/sat
3) Skate fri/sat
4) Jon fri/sat
5) Me - Saturday evening for a few hours!

campinggirl72
18-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Nice one jo, look forward to meeting you. Bring a tent etc in case you stay would be great to have another female to talk girl talk to lol. Only joking guys :)

Islandlady
18-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Nice one jo, look forward to meeting you. Bring a tent etc in case you stay would be great to have another female to talk girl talk to lol. Only joking guys :)

Yay! xxx

Big T
18-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Cheeky! Lol! I'm sure someone can bring an extra tent just incase!

Skate
18-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I will have a spare tent with me amongst other things.

Big T
18-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Right, were getting close now! I'm happy to knock up a communial chilli for Friday night, will bring some spuds and do some jackets, if anyone wants rice I will bring some and you can cook it yourself. If I got time I will knock up a BlackBerry and Apple crumble that can be reheated as required. That ok for everyone?

Skate
19-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Hoping to arrive early Friday afternoon if all goes well. Do we have to ring first or are we expected? Also how will I know where we will be setting up? Looks like the weather is going to be very kind to us. Off to stock up on cider and breakfast food now :)

Big T
19-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Gd lad! I have emailed but had no reply, tried ringing but no reply! Dont worry though, the owner (chris) has said before that he likes a phone call but if we cant get hold of him (as hes a working farmer) then just rock up anyway! I will try him again in a bit though.

You can set up wherever you want! We usually follow the main path into the woods through 2 white gateposts and along the path untill you come to a clearing with the remains of a mud oven, complete with chimney! Cant miss it mate! We set up somewhere around there. How early friday are you planning to get there?

Islandlady
19-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I will have a spare tent with me amongst other things.

Thanks Skate, will play it by ear if not a pain for though as to whether I stay over or not! ( I can be shy with new peeps!) I will stick a duvet form my caravan in the car just in case (wont have sleeping bag with me).:)
Big T how much is camping there?

Chubbs
19-09-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm coming for both nights, yee haa !!!

Big T
19-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Gd lad chubbs!

Jo, its a fiver a night!

Skate
19-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info Tony. Will just turn up and see what happens. Glad you are allowed out to play for both nights Chubbs. Islandlady, we have all been through the worry of meeting strange people with sharp things in woods but you will find us more than helpful and on our best behavior. I have attended many meets and as a rule the bushcraft crew are a great bunch. Try and bring a camping chair with you as people forget and it really helps round the fire in the evenings. I will have a spare one. See you all very soon.

Islandlady
19-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the info Tony. Will just turn up and see what happens. Glad you are allowed out to play for both nights Chubbs. Islandlady, we have all been through the worry of meeting strange people with sharp things in woods but you will find us more than helpful and on our best behavior. I have attended many meets and as a rule the bushcraft crew are a great bunch. Try and bring a camping chair with you as people forget and it really helps round the fire in the evenings. I will have a spare one. See you all very soon.

Thanks Skate for the reassurance - and yes, I carry my beloved chair in the boot of the car everywhere I go! :)

Big T
19-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Ok mate, no worries! I have just spoken to chris and no probs! If you all park in the carpark that would prob be best, I have a 4wd and can get into the woods if you have alot of kit to move!

Chubbs
19-09-2013, 09:55 AM
No hammock for me this time. Going to bring the camp bed, Polish Army mattress and tarp.

Whats happening about communal meal for Friday and Saturday

Big T
19-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Jo - I remember my first meet, met a guy off of here (jonny_uk). I too had worries about meeting a stranger off of the internet in the middle of some random woods! (so did he aparently!) All went well, hes a top bloke! Im abit rubbish at meeting people too so dont worry, but as skate said we are all a chilled out bunch and I have yet to meet anyone who i couldnt call a friend after sitting around the fire for a few hours!

Big T
19-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Chubbs - Im going to knock up a chilli for friday night (have the ingredients if you wanna show off your culinery skills!) Maybe do a stew or sommit for sat?

Chubbs
19-09-2013, 10:03 AM
No problem mate. I was thinking of a stew for Saturday, maybe something cheap like chicken with dumplings. I will pop out later and grab a couple of whole chickens and the rest of the ingredients.

I don't mind been camp cook, I quite enjoy it. What have you got for the chilli, I have some stuff left over from last time.

Big T
19-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Sweet. Chicken and dumplings sounds awesome to me! If you wanna cook dude thats cool with me! I got;

1kg mince
2 tins kidney beans
1 tin chopped toms
1 packet passata
small tin tom puree
2 large onions
spices n stuff
rice

Will sort ya out for the stew mate as i still owe you for the first stew! lol!

Islandlady
19-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Jo - I remember my first meet, met a guy off of here (jonny_uk). I too had worries about meeting a stranger off of the internet in the middle of some random woods! (so did he aparently!) All went well, hes a top bloke! Im abit rubbish at meeting people too so dont worry, but as skate said we are all a chilled out bunch and I have yet to meet anyone who i couldnt call a friend after sitting around the fire for a few hours!

Thank you - thats encouraging!

I will bring my own food and kelly kettle for the Saturday as am a vege - Lyn shall I bring enough for two? Possibly fajitas with spicy filling?

Islandlady
19-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Thank you - thats encouraging!

I will bring my own food and kelly kettle for the Saturday as am a vege - Lyn shall I bring enough for two? Possibly fajitas with spicy filling?

Of course any guys welcome to it too - but I am sure you'll all want meat! :wink:

jonni_uk
19-09-2013, 10:36 AM
1 day to go. Glad you can make both nights Chubbs. I have never seen a Kelly kettle in action island lady so I am looking forward to that and looking forward to meeting everyone else. ATB Jon

Big T
19-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Heard great things about the kelly kettle but like jon, i have never seen one in action! Cant wait now, halfway through packing!

Chubbs
19-09-2013, 10:52 AM
PM me your number again Big T

Islandlady
19-09-2013, 11:15 AM
1 day to go. Glad you can make both nights Chubbs. I have never seen a Kelly kettle in action island lady so I am looking forward to that and looking forward to meeting everyone else. ATB Jon

Yikes BT and Jonni - I'll try and do an effective demonstration of the kelly kettle - fingers crossed!

Big T
19-09-2013, 11:40 AM
No pressure! Lol!

Islandlady
19-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Car is packed! Will catch ferry straight after work tomorrow and get to my wee caravan about midnight- walk on Bodmin Moor Saturday morning/afternoon and then will be on my way to my first bushcraft meet! Yay!

Big T
19-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Have a safe journey, cya on Sat!

campinggirl72
19-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Right, were getting close now! I'm happy to knock up a communial chilli for Friday night, will bring some spuds and do some jackets, if anyone wants rice I will bring some and you can cook it yourself. If I got time I will knock up a BlackBerry and Apple crumble that can be reheated as required. That ok for everyone?

yum yum :)

campinggirl72
19-09-2013, 09:14 PM
well I hope i have packed what i need. I have no mat but think jonni is bringing me a hammock? I am so excited too and I have managed to take the whole day off tomorrow :) I dont have a chair but I am sure you guys will have enough for this lil lassie :) see ya all tomorrow and jo sat :)

Chubbs
19-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Chicken and veg bought for the stew but forgot the suet for the dumplings, will get it tomorrow morning. Have a freezer drawer loaded with homemade chicken stock ready for the stew, gas cans bought for the very slow simmer in the bird hide and tatties ready to bulk it all out.

Camping Girl - I have a chair, I will bring it with me. If you are using a hammock I will bring my homemade underquilt for you just in case

jonni_uk
19-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I have a mat for you as well Lyn. That sounds great Chubbs. See you all tomorrow.

Chubbs
19-09-2013, 09:27 PM
No probs jonni

I will do the usual and pack the car with everything like extra blankets, sleeping bags and whatever else I have. No doubt it will be a great weekend.

jonni_uk
19-09-2013, 09:33 PM
No probs jonni

I will do the usual and pack the car with everything like extra blankets, sleeping bags and whatever else I have. No doubt it will be a great weekend.
Sorry mate I didn't see about the under quilt. I think she will better of with that

Chubbs
19-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Sorry mate I didn't see about the under quilt. I think she will better of with that

Thats alright mate, don't apologise, I'm No 1 for not reading things properly !!. For some strange reason I always bring loads of extra things when a new member is included, no matter what it is.

It must be that maternal mumbo jumbo thingy, maybe something to do with having kids.

Rasputin
20-09-2013, 01:13 AM
It must be that maternal mumbo jumbo thingy, I'me hoping you mean paternal mumbo jumbo Chubbs,lol :confused2: :evilgrin:

Big T
20-09-2013, 07:17 AM
I can bring suet chubbs! Not long now........!

Chubbs
20-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I'me hoping you mean paternal mumbo jumbo Chubbs,lol :confused2: :evilgrin:

Lol, that's what happens after a few too many vodka's !!

Don't buy the suet mate, I need to get other things as well.

Don't anybody worry about water. I have a 5/6 gallon container of it with a tap fitted on the way.

Big T
20-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Ok dude!

Sar-ian
20-09-2013, 09:08 AM
enjoy folks:happy-clapping:T^:jumping-joy:

Big T
20-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Will do mate!

campinggirl72
20-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks chubbs, your a star :)

Kernowek Scouser
20-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Have a good one folks.

T^

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Thank you everyone for an amazing time! Such lovely people you are- I might never again worry about meeting strangers from the Internet in the middle of the forest! :ashamed:

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Campinggirls's now an expert on sleeping in hammocks! 10254

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Oops! Anyone know how to rotate the photo please?

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 03:29 PM

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Had an !AMAZING! time and would also, love to say a big big thank you to all the guys and dolls for looking after me so well. Lads you were the best bunch of guys, I could ever wish to meet and made me feel so at home straight away. Girls you also made my weekend can't wait until next meet up!!!!
Love you all
Love, MAMA PEE PEE :oops: lol

Skate
22-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Great weekend, glad to have met some new friends and had a real good laugh in a lovely location. Sorry you couldn't stay too long Islandlady, hope the hand heals quickly. The food was delicious and the weather behaved. Can't wait to do it all over again.

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 03:36 PM

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 03:38 PM
10257 This lead to this 10258 mine is on the left! I did a lot of christening of things this weekend lol

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Big T
22-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Top meet! Was good to meet some new people and a wicked time was had by all! Highlights were mostly supplied by Lyn (Campinggirl) and involved a variety of bodily fluids.............! Was nice to meet jo (Islandlady) and a very good demo if her Kelly kettle which resulted in her driving home with her hand hanging out of her car......long story! Skate was a top bloke with some very interesting knowledge of all things bushcraft, and showed us his awesome wooden pot hanger (another project to add to the list)! Good to catch up with Jonny again! Chubbs produced some awesome food again so thanks to him! SWIMBO also stopped over on Sat night complete with our dog, both seemed to enjoy it so life's good! Thanks again to all who came along, will have to do it again sometime!

Big T
22-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Lyn making her first fire from a flint and steel!

Chubbs
22-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Wow, what a weekend. It was really great to me the three new ladies at the meet and Mamma Pee Pee was a star. I met Jonni for the first time and what a top man he is. This was the second time that I had met Skate, another top bloke who makes a cracking breakfast which included the best hogs pudding that I have ever tasted.

It was a shame that Islandlady had to leave early but hopefully she will be there for the duration next time. So remember ladies, when you hang out the washing, it goes feet first and then you swap it over !!, they know what we mean.

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 05:26 PM
10267 10268

jonni_uk
22-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Just like to say thanks for inviting me. Had a cracking weekend sad it's was over so quick. Chubbs what a cook that chicken stew was something else was good chatting to you late into the night. Good to see Big T again let's try and not leave it so long again. Skate top block loved your story's and sense of humour. Madam pee pee you did make me laugh still laughing. Good to see you trying everything. Island girl shame you couldn't stay the night maybe next time hope your hand gets better soon. Hope to do it all again soon. 1026910270102711027310274

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 05:35 PM
10272 10275

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 06:01 PM
10257 This lead to this 10258 mine is on the left! I did a lot of christening of things this weekend lol
:0( ouch - we both had a big ouch didn't we lol! Can't wait until next time! Xxx

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Wow, what a weekend. It was really great to me the three new ladies at the meet and Mamma Pee Pee was a star. I met Jonni for the first time and what a top man he is. This was the second time that I had met Skate, another top bloke who makes a cracking breakfast which included the best hogs pudding that I have ever tasted.

It was a shame that Islandlady had to leave early but hopefully she will be there for the duration next time. So remember ladies, when you hang out the washing, it goes feet first and then you swap it over !!, they know what we mean.

I honestly can't believe big tough bushcraft/ survival fellas discuss how to hang washing on the line and housework! Hilarious! Love you guys! Xxx

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Just like to say thanks for inviting me. Had a cracking weekend sad it's was over so quick. Chubbs what a cook that chicken stew was something else was good chatting to you late into the night. Good to see Big T again let's try and not leave it so long again. Skate top block loved your story's and sense of humour. Madam pee pee you did make me laugh still laughing. Good to see you trying everything. Island girl shame you couldn't stay the night maybe next time hope your hand gets better soon. Hope to do it all again soon.

Best time ever and next time will be brave enough to stay with guys I met on the Internet all weekend!!! ( as long as you you lot ) x

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Top meet! Was good to meet some new people and a wicked time was had by all! Highlights were mostly supplied by Lyn (Campinggirl) and involved a variety of bodily fluids.............! Was nice to meet jo (Islandlady) and a very good demo if her Kelly kettle which resulted in her driving home with her hand hanging out of her car......long story! Skate was a top bloke with some very interesting knowledge of all things bushcraft, and showed us his awesome wooden pot hanger (another project to add to the list)! Good to catch up with Jonny again! Chubbs produced some awesome food again so thanks to him! SWIMBO also stopped over on Sat night complete with our dog, both seemed to enjoy it so life's good! Thanks again to all who came along, will have to do it again sometime!

Ha! Ha! Just as well I have a topless mini - literally held my my arm up and hand in airstream all the way home!
Anyone want another demonstration of the Kelly Kettle? :happy-clapping:

Worm
22-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone. OK - first post on the actual website (although I've been watching you all for quite some time now....!) - but thanks for making me feel so welcome yesterday. it was great to finally put faces to these random internet people that Big T has been talking about at home! Looking forward to next time.

IslandLady - really hope your hand is OK!

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Lets start planning lol I am bored at home now. I miss falling out my hammock

Worm
22-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Lol! Can you work out a way to string up a hammock in your living room? Then you could fall out of it whenever you want?!

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Lets start planning lol I am bored at home now. I miss falling out my hammock

Haha! Yep and to plan our ladies one!
Worm so lovely to see you on here! I'm not bored yet as still Cornwall an did two amazing walks today but have to get up at 4am to drive five hours to a work training thing - hopefully if ferries still running will get home late Monday. Wahoo! So happy to be a bushcraft gal! :jumping-joy:

Islandlady
22-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Lol! Can you work out a way to string up a hammock in your living room? Then you could fall out of it whenever you want?!

Hee hee we should all do this! X

jonni_uk
22-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone. OK - first post on the actual website (although I've been watching you all for quite some time now....!) - but thanks for making me feel so welcome yesterday. it was great to finally put faces to these random internet people that Big T has been talking about at home! Looking forward to next time.

IslandLady - really hope your hand is OK!
Just realized who this is sorry it was good to meet the better half. maybe my better half will come along next time. I think there might be a chance with you girls being there.

Big T
22-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Lol! I'm sure Chris would let you run an extension lead into the woods for hair driers etc!

campinggirl72
22-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Bring her it will be great fun. I am off to sleep now with my little William (cat). Dream of walking blue and washing lol. Night guys x

Big T
22-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Try not to fall outta your bed tonight, and make sure you have had a pee pee before you get tucked in! Lol!

jonni_uk
22-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Lol! I'm sure Chris would let you run an extension lead into the woods for hair driers etc!

She has now said that she will come but I will have to buy her a set of gas straighteners

Worm
23-09-2013, 06:03 AM
She has now said that she will come but I will have to buy her a set of gas straighteners

Jonni you do know that's just an excuse for new straighteners don't you?! No seriously - the more girls we can get into this the better. If gas straighteners is the way forward then go for it!

(... wanders off thinking about gas straighteners as an idea... ;))

Islandlady
23-09-2013, 06:57 AM

Wahoo! ( not to straighteners- have you seen my madly curly hair?) Yay to your missus coming! X

JonnyP
23-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Nice one guys.. Sounds like fun :0)

Big T
23-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Was a wicked wend mate, feel free to pop along to any future meets dude!

Chubbs
23-09-2013, 08:33 AM
The camp chip pan will make an appearance next time along with a new an improved communal evening menu !!.

Big T
23-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Sounds awesome mate, fried pies!? Lol!

campinggirl72
23-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Lol

Kernowek Scouser
23-09-2013, 11:15 AM
It looks like a grand time was had by all.
T^

Big T
23-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Hello,

Maybe you can make it next time Colin!

T^

Regards,

Anthony.

Islandlady
23-09-2013, 04:27 PM
The camp chip pan will make an appearance next time along with a new an improved communal evening menu !!.

Yikes! My hands ;0)

Kernowek Scouser
23-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Hello,

Maybe you can make it next time Colin!

T^

Regards,

Anthony.

Finger crossed :D

JonnyP
23-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Was a wicked wend mate, feel free to pop along to any future meets dude!

Cheers chap, I will, and I will also organise a meet round here somewhen, but I am up to my neck in work at the mo..

Big T
23-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Sweet, look forward to it mate! I used to have a discovery and enjoyed reading your restoration thread on the landrover forum!

JonnyP
23-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Sweet, look forward to it mate! I used to have a discovery and enjoyed reading your restoration thread on the landrover forum!

Thanks.. Its back in the shed again at the mo waiting for some more work to be done. Never short of work around here. Did your one rust out..?

Big T
23-09-2013, 08:18 PM
They are great vehicles if you got the time to " tinker"! Sadly the chassis rusted out on mine, shame cause it was real nice to drive!

campinggirl72
23-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Finger crossed :D
i see you never made a meet yet colin? you should they are bloody great fun! still working on a name for the girls too lol

Kernowek Scouser
23-09-2013, 10:26 PM
i see you never made a meet yet colin? you should they are bloody great fun! still working on a name for the girls too lol
It is rather ironic, I've been to several meets since joining this and other forums. With the exception of the Cornwall RV all have been a fair trek, but I've made it without any great drama. Organise a meet within 30 miles of where I live and Fate decides to have a giggle and I find myself in cock up and calamity central. Which is a tad annoying.

On the plus side, with all the fun that is being had, it looks like these Cornish meets will keep on happening, so I remain hopeful I will make one at some point :D

campinggirl72
24-09-2013, 12:22 AM
It is rather ironic, I've been to several meets since joining this and other forums. With the exception of the Cornwall RV all have been a fair trek, but I've made it without any great drama. Organise a meet within 30 miles of where I live and Fate decides to have a giggle and I find myself in cock up and calamity central. Which is a tad annoying.

On the plus side, with all the fun that is being had, it looks like these Cornish meets will keep on happening, so I remain hopeful I will make one at some point :D
where are you based?

Islandlady
24-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Now I am back home on the island, I am recalling all the fun of the meet!

Can I say a MASSIVE THANK YOU! To Big T for organising it and to everyone else for making me feel so welcome and at home, and for camping girl who is such fun, and looked after me like a mother hen - Lyn you are gorgeous!, You really are an amazing bunch and I can't wait until the next time! Xxx

Big T
24-09-2013, 07:57 AM
No worries jo, was good of you to pop along and was nice to meet you! Glad you enjoyed it and our rather random conversations! Lol! There must be something in the air down here!

Chubbs
24-09-2013, 08:29 AM
There must be something in the air down here!

Yeah, Washing drying freely the right way around :tongue:

Big T
24-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Aslong as there ain't any TV ariels in the way! As they say...." every day is a school day"!

Chubbs
24-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Lol.

I thought you was on about Rod Hull for a minute.

Big T
24-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Pmsl! ........"it was emu officer, I never touched anyone"! Now wait for a mod to come along........!

Kernowek Scouser
24-09-2013, 12:23 PM
where are you based?
Just outside St Ives.

campinggirl72
30-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I need chips. :) and to finish my spoon

Rasputin
30-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Glad you enjoyed it and our rather random conversations! Lol! There must be something in the air down here! We must have the same air, cos random fat chewin happens on our treks too,lol:camping:

Islandlady
30-09-2013, 04:51 PM
I need chips. :) and to finish my spoon

I need to start my spoon! :0).

Skate
30-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Girls are getting itchy feet :camping: me too. Think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms for Chubbs cooking ;)

Chubbs
30-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Another meet very soon ???????

Skate
30-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Should get my rifle back at the end of the week. Bent barrel and no idea how it happened. So looking forward to another meet soon.

Chubbs
30-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Should get my rifle back at the end of the week. Bent barrel and no idea how it happened. So looking forward to another meet soon.

I'm ready to go when everyone else is, next week :campfire:

Islandlady
30-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Another meet very soon ???????

Hoping to come to Cornwall again end of October :)

Big T
01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Shall we decide on a date then!? I'm bk from holiday now so am pretty much free whenever!

Big T
01-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Bummer mate, sounds expensive! Hope it gets sorted ok! Would be good to see ya again sometime and have a go on your airarms!

Worm
01-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Shall we decide on a date then!? I'm bk from holiday now so am pretty much free whenever!

Although we're not around weekend of 19th - heading Bournemouth way to rummage through army surplus shops!

Islandlady
01-10-2013, 06:00 PM

For me anytime 25 October - 2 Nov - but pls don't plan especially for me - I know you can never meet everyone's needs x

Skate
01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Can't make this weekend but free for any after that. Glad you had a good time at Cheddar Big T will check out that site some time.

Big T
01-10-2013, 07:11 PM
How about the 26th Oct?

I will prob be out before then (if anyone wants to come along PM me) but if we have a definite date fir a big meet then hopefully we will have a good turnout!

Islandlady
01-10-2013, 07:31 PM
How about the 26th Oct?

I will prob be out before then (if anyone wants to come along PM me) but if we have a definite date fir a big meet then hopefully we will have a good turnout!
That sounds fab!! My brother would love to come if ok with you guys and bring his air rifle and stuff. He loves bushcraft. He wants to know if his dog is allowed?

Big T
01-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Sweet! The more the merrier! We took our dog last time but would prob be best if you contact Chris and confirm as I can't say for sure as its not my site! Be good to see ya again!

Islandlady
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Sweet! The more the merrier! We took our dog last time but would prob be best if you contact Chris and confirm as I can't say for sure as its not my site! Be good to see ya again!
Lo! Forgot you don't own it!! Is Worm up for it too?
Lordy I had better buy a hammock!

Big T
01-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Lol! Yeah worm is coming too! Happy hammock shopping!

Big T
01-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Best start a list, please add your name if you are coming on the 26th!

1) Big T.
2) Worm.

Skate
01-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Should be ok for this one
1) Big T.
2) Worm.
3) Skate

Islandlady
01-10-2013, 08:58 PM
1) big T
2) Worm
3) Skate
4) islandlady
5) Sim

Scott
01-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Im up for it on 26th october. Should be good

Chubbs
01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Camp cook http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/cooking/smileys-cooking-658147.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

jus_young
01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I could do with a couple of nights out.

1) big T
2) Worm
3) Skate
4) islandlady
5) Sim
6) Scott
7) Chubbs
8) Jus

Islandlady
01-10-2013, 09:52 PM
1) big T
2) Worm
3) Skate
4) islandlady
5) Sim
6) Scott
7) Chubbs
8) Jus

Come on Campinggirl - waiting for youuuuuu!

Islandlady
01-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I could do with a couple of nights out.

1) big T
2) Worm
3) Skate
4) islandlady
5) Sim
6) Scott
7) Jus

Oops sorry Jus! You'll have to do it again we posted same time!

jus_young
01-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Oops sorry Jus! You'll have to do it again we posted same time!

Done ;)

jus_young
02-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Stuck on the M5 going nowhere planning my sleeping arrangements for this one. After staring at the same piece of tarmac for the last 45 mins I know where I would rather be right now.

Ground or hammock this time?....

Skate
02-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Damn, going to have to bail on this one. Forgot I'm busy that weekend. Hopefully fit in a little quiet one sometime.

Scott
02-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Im going to be trying out a new 2 man tent this time Justin. Make a change for me benig on the ground.

Islandlady
02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Stuck on the M5 going nowhere planning my sleeping arrangements for this one. After staring at the same piece of tarmac for the last 45 mins I know where I would rather be right now.

Ground or hammock this time?....

I want to try sleeping in a hammock - taking bets on how long before I do a campingirl and fall out!

Ferrell freddy
02-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Seed sown with SWMBO, (not that kind you dirty buggers) if she fancies it I'll be there!

Islandlady
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Seed sown with SWMBO, (not that kind you dirty buggers) if she fancies it I'll be there!

If she does that'll be four women - the girls are taking over the camp! :rolleyes:

Chubbs
02-10-2013, 05:20 PM
the girls are taking over the camp! :rolleyes:

Not a chance.

Islandlady - If you want to try out a hammock, you can use mine. I plan to use the camp bed and tarp again for this meet.

Rasputin
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
the girls are taking over the camp probably wouldnt find it Chubbs lol, oooh what a thought !:guns:

Islandlady
02-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Not a chance.

Islandlady - If you want to try out a hammock, you can use mine. I plan to use the camp bed and tarp again for this meet.

Thank you that'll save me buying one until I'm sure - thanks x

Islandlady
02-10-2013, 06:42 PM
probably wouldnt find it Chubbs lol, oooh what a thought !:guns:

Hee hee! I'll bring my fairy lights! :wink:

rossbird
02-10-2013, 06:50 PM
probably wouldnt find it Chubbs lol, oooh what a thought !:guns:

Ken, you'r a brave man. The Ladies are taking over the place:)

Big T
02-10-2013, 07:10 PM
1) big T
2) Worm
3) islandlady
4) Sim
5) Scott
6) Chubbs
7) Jus
8) Campinggirl72
9) ferrelfreddy (subject to leave chit being signed by SWMBO)

Chubbs
02-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Thank you that'll save me buying one until I'm sure - thanks x

Don't worry about a tarp as I'm going to order another tomorrow.

Ashley Cawley
02-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I'll do my best see if I can make that weekend, be nice to catchup with friends old & new :)

campinggirl72
02-10-2013, 09:25 PM
hey guys and dolls, I am a coming too :)
I need to find a cheap hammock and tarp thanks to our lovely government, taking away more of my tax credits :( So if anyone has a cheap hammock and tarp going please do let me know!! I have bought a cheap £1 sleeping bag liner from the local charity shop which I was over the moon about lol. so excited once again to go camping in the woods! I wonder what I can get upto this time :jumping-joy: I will need a lift again though ;) see you all soon and I can finish my spoon with jo and worm x

campinggirl72
02-10-2013, 09:27 PM

Islandlady
02-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Don't worry about a tarp as I'm going to order another tomorrow.

Thank you so much!