PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for archery

Sar-ian
18-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Hi folks, is there anyone interested in going on an archery taster session. The venue is just off the M6/M65 at Bamber Bridge, Preston. Dates and times to be confirmed depending on numbers, just add your name and week day, weekend, or week night. If theres enough interest I'll get some more details................ Cheers Ian..............

freedom
18-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Sounds good mate put me down

Ben Casey
18-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi Mate Sounds cool, I wouldn't mind going it just depends on location for overnighting for me if it is up a hill or a long hike, I couldn't do it :( But otherwise I would love to, I could even bring my Bows and arrows with me :D

Silverback
18-09-2013, 02:33 PM
yup Im in...

Rasputin
18-09-2013, 04:03 PM
yup Im in...

Hey Wayne, (that sounds like a constable painting lol ) Is there an archery target at Ruthun do you know ?, Ken

biker-bri
18-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Not for me - still got the bruises from the last time :p should have taken the marigolds off :confused2:

Rasputin
18-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Not for me - still got the bruises from the last time :p should have taken the marigolds off :confused2:

PMSL :jumping-joy:

Silverback
18-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Hey Wayne, (that sounds like a constable painting lol )

Did you know I have never heard that one before............

No there isnt, there is a plan to go roving

BJ
18-09-2013, 04:58 PM
I would be interested, but it would depend on when it is. I have a very busy 6-8 weeks ahead so if I can just register an interest and confirm once there is a definite date. http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/sport-smileys/archery.gif (http://www.4smileys.com)

Sar-ian
18-09-2013, 05:52 PM
The venue is a proper facility thats part of a retail shop. Its an indoor range with all equipment supplied...........

Ichneumon
18-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Ian - I should have got in touch with you about this before.

After our little meet-up the other week I visited the shop and made enquiries. They very generously suggested that rather than going to their shop and paying £16 pp we would be better off going to Blackburn Archery. Details here: http://www.blackburn-archery.co.uk/ it seems they are cheap and a not-for-profit set up. Alledgedly the guys runs it more for the love of archery

For a few quid they can provide equipment, give instruction and also let us loose on their field archery range.

I'm not at home at the moment so don't have the full details to hand but I'll be back on Monday and I'll follow up on this.

rossbird
18-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Hi Ian,
Is this a taster for making as well as Shooting? (is that the right term?)
Either way I'd be interested at weekends.
Cheers

Tony

Ehecatl
18-09-2013, 06:50 PM

Bri, Bri, Bri......I think you may be more than a little confused. It's leather for archery and rubber for washing up.

Then it's combinations of leather and rubber for..... :oops:

Rasputin
18-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Bri, Bri, Bri......I think you may be more than a little confused. It's leather for archery and rubber for washing up.

Then it's combinations of leather and rubber for..... :oops: lol :jumping-joy:

biker-bri
18-09-2013, 10:33 PM

Then it's combinations of leather and rubber for..... :oops:

OOPS: What ?, what do you mean by OOPS :wink: ---- "careful we might get moderated" :jumping-joy:

biker-bri
18-09-2013, 10:35 PM
lets get this thread "Back on topic" and we all know who says that :happy-clapping: its still no for me

Rasputin
19-09-2013, 12:28 AM
lets get this thread "Back on topic" and we all know who says that its still no for me Is that no for archery or the leather etc, only I heard you was pretty much into the leather.:evilgrin:

Sar-ian
19-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Ian - I should have got in touch with you about this before.

After our little meet-up the other week I visited the shop and made enquiries. They very generously suggested that rather than going to their shop and paying £16 pp we would be better off going to Blackburn Archery. Details here: http://www.blackburn-archery.co.uk/ it seems they are cheap and a not-for-profit set up. Alledgedly the guys runs it more for the love of archery

For a few quid they can provide equipment, give instruction and also let us loose on their field archery range.

I'm not at home at the moment so don't have the full details to hand but I'll be back on Monday and I'll follow up on this.

Cheers Paul, OK folks looks like a possible change of venue, it is more just a taster of shooting that I was proposing and once I have some more details I'll add a post............... so just hang "fire" for now folks.......................

biker-bri
19-09-2013, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=Sar-ian.... so just hang "fire" for now folks.......................[/QUOTE]

Can't do fire either - marigolds would melt !!!! :innocent:

originaloutdoors
25-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey Wayne, (that sounds like a constable painting lol ) Is there an archery target at Ruthun do you know ?, Ken

I've got one of those foam laminate 60x60 ones. Only got a couple of faces for it though.

Lots of soft ground to bury arrows in though. They can join the dozens of others that are somewhere in our land...

Rasputin
25-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I've got one of those foam laminate 60x60 ones. Only got a couple of faces for it though.

Lots of soft ground to bury arrows in though. They can join the dozens of others that are somewhere in our land...

That'll be great T^