PDA

View Full Version : Free Kit

Scott
28-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Hello all,

Recently someone I know donated a load of free kit to me. He used to go out a lot but unfortunately he is now a full time carer for his down's syndrome daughter. I tried offering money to him but he wouldn't take it and asked if I could find a good home for it as he has just had it stored in his garage for a couple of years. All he wants is to know the kit is being used. So here I am offering it to you all, some of the items are small enough to post but some are larger and ideally be collected from me in person from the Camberley (Surrey) area. Also im down in Cornwall the end of October so I could bring it with me. If I am posting them all I ask is that you cover the postage. All of the kit is used but in good condition unless otherwise stated. Any questions just ask and I will answer as quick as possible.

Eurohike 2 season Sleeping bag right hand zip

Gelert Expedition I600 Sleeping bag left hand zip

Roll Mat

Gelert Micro Pillow

Scott
28-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi-Gear Pillowopac

Hi-Gear Sleeping bag liner

Hi-Gear sleeping bag liner (Fleece)

0.5ltr Flask

Gelert Poncho/Small Tarp

Scott
28-09-2013, 03:49 PM
UCO Candle lamp and Candle's

2 x Rucksack

Stainless Steel Solo Cook Kit

Trangia

Ehecatl
28-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi Scott.

I'd like the candle lantern please. It will need to be posted. If you PM me your details (Pay Pal or whatever) I'll get the postage to you.

cheers,

M@

Sylvanbilly
28-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Hi Scott
If it would be possible I'd like the trangia set please, please send me how much you'd like by pm
Thanks ever so much
Sylvanbilly

rossbird
28-09-2013, 03:59 PM
If the Trangia falls through Scott, could I have second dibs please.
Tony

Scott
28-09-2013, 04:03 PM
no problem Tony

ADz
28-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Could I have the Gortex bivi bag please m8 :)

Please pm paypal/postage.

Chubbs
28-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Could I have the solo cook kit please Scott. I can pay something for it mate.

Scott
28-09-2013, 04:26 PM
No problem Neil, you ok to wait until I come down end of October??

Chubbs
28-09-2013, 04:32 PM
That's fine mate.

Scott
28-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Cheers Neil, I don't think its ever been used by the look of it. Its a nice little set

Chubbs
28-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks, it will be much appreciated and go great with my woodgas stove.

shepherd
28-09-2013, 04:55 PM
if i pay postage could i take the fleece liner? cheers Shep

ADz
28-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Clear you pm box please Scot.

Scott
28-09-2013, 05:51 PM
All done mate

ADz
28-09-2013, 09:16 PM
All done mate

doh, Seems it was actually my outgoing storage that was full, I didnt read message correctly.

surplus 6
29-09-2013, 07:31 PM
I'd like the poncho and ruck sacks if still availible please. pm me you details and I'll send some money for post. thanks Tony

Scott
02-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Anymore takers on the rest of the kit there is still a couple of nice bits left.

Rasputin
02-10-2013, 11:52 AM
whats actually left Scott ?

Scott
02-10-2013, 12:32 PM
2 sleeping bags
sleeping bag liner ( not the fleece one )
2 pillows
flask
roll mat

Rasputin
02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
2 sleeping bags
sleeping bag liner ( not the fleece one )
2 pillows
flask
roll mat

Could I have the roll mat and gelert bag please, pm me with p & p and I will also send Ash a donation for NBC,Ken

Kernowek Scouser
02-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Hey Scott,

I'm not interested in any of the remaining kit, but just wanted to say, good on you for gifting it to folks on here who might use it and please convey the thanks and sympathies of the NB community to your friend who is no longer able to make use of it.

If your friend refused money from you for the kit, I doubt they would be any more likely to accept money directly from internet randoms. And I am not surprised by this, as I know several folks who are either full or part time carers too and they are a remarkable and proud bunch of people, how would refuse money in similar circumstances.

However, I also know that there are several charitable organisations that support carers like your friend (some condition specific, other more general) which most of the carers I know are lees reluctant to accept help from, as they are not 'making a fuss' about just them, but about lots of folks in similar circumstances. So if you are aware of any particular charity supporting your friend, could I trouble you to post a link or just let me know, as I would like to return your friends generosity, show my support and make a donation.

Atb.

Colin

Scott
02-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks Colin but im not doing a lot just advertising and shipping out. He would have done it him self but he has no idea how to use a computer. He just wanted me to make sure it was anonymous and the kit found a good home.

Its funny you should say that because I did have that exact discussion with him and you right he wouldn't accept any donations. However he did say if anyone felt the need to donate (but don't feel you have to) any money he would like it to go to either their local scout group or local children's hospice as his daughter has unfortunately had to spend a lot of time in them in the past. He didn't have a particular one in mind as they are all doing a great job so just a local one.

I will be passing on everyone's thanks and appreciation.

Cheers Scott

Kernowek Scouser
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey Scott, I'm sure the not a lot you are doing is appreciated by your friend.

Like I said I know a few folks who are carers myself and they are all remarkable people, generous with their time yet very humble about the time consuming commitment they are making. Not doing what they do for praise and not looking for arbitrary hand outs, just glad of any understanding and support afforded to them (albeit often with a touch of reluctance or curious (to everyone else) embarrassment). And when such people who have so little time for themselves, make time to do you a good turn and you ask how you can thank and repay them, the almost universal response seems be something along the lines of "No worries, happy to help, but if you want to do something, if you see an opportunity to help someone else, do it."

Remarkable people.

Anyway, I have side tracked this threads enough, I'll let you get back to the gifting and will show my support for your friends generosity as they suggest.

Good man
T^

Yungen of Bury
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
hey scott, i know you dont know me but if i could get the sleeping bag, roll mat and flask i would much appreciate it, if you could let me know the postage costs ill get it to you. if its all ok ofc :)

woodstock
02-10-2013, 07:55 PM
That is a remarkably kind gesture if only more people were like it this world be so so much better, Fi and I hunt down medicinal fungi and plants to give to people that are in need of some help with something other than conventional medicines, its the same with kit and clothes, if we don't use it we either give it away or swap. a swap shop would be a worthwhile addition to the site, We are also makers of insect and bug repellents which has a low as we can get profit margin, I have,nt forgotten yours Colin you will get one to try I promise.

Ashley Cawley
02-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Beautiful to see folks, sharing & giving - what this site is about. Thank you Scott and thank the donator from me.

.. a swap shop would be a worthwhile addition to the site...This is the place! :) This is the "Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" area, feel free to give or swap etc.

campinggirl72
02-10-2013, 09:34 PM
If anyone has a cheap hammock and tarp or other goodies going cheap I would love to have them. I am just starting out and don't have a lot of money. Thank you love pee pee Lyn :)

woodstock
02-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Beautiful to see folks, sharing & giving - what this site is about. Thank you Scott and thank the donator from me.

This is the place! :) This is the "Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" area, feel free to give or swap etc.

Cheers Ashley next stop Spec Savers.:ashamed:

woodstock
02-10-2013, 10:00 PM
If anyone has a cheap hammock and tarp or other goodies going cheap I would love to have them. I am just starting out and don't have a lot of money. Thank you love pee pee Lyn :)

I will have a look through my kit and what im not using you can have just cover the postage and that would be great.

Islandlady
03-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Can I have a sleeping bag and the liner ? Whichever sleeping bag is best for sleeping in hammock in the autumn/winter? If you let me know cost of posatge I will get that to you - just PM me let me know how. Thank you :-)

campinggirl72
03-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I will have a look through my kit and what im not using you can have just cover the postage and that would be great.
That is might kind of you Woodstock, I look forward to some new goodies. Just let me know the P&P and I will put some Cornish fudge in too! Thanks again :) a happy Lyn x

ammo
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Scott that was nice of your friend, and of you. I never got or asked for anything but I'd like to say thankyou, to you and your pal.

woodstock
03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
That is might kind of you Woodstock, I look forward to some new goodies. Just let me know the P&P and I will put some Cornish fudge in too! Thanks again :) a happy Lyn x

Look forward to the fudge, I have not had a chance to go through the kit yet but of the top of my head some cooksets, sleeping bags some outdoor gear clothing.

campinggirl72
03-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Look forward to the fudge, I have not had a chance to go through the kit yet but of the top of my head some cooksets, sleeping bags some outdoor gear clothing.

Sounds great, so very kind of you. There are some real nice people on here. You will have to come to one of the meets down here in Cornwall, so much fun. Thanks again :)

Alexdermietzel97
04-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi mate, if the roll mat is still there; would I be able to take that? Would I be able to pay for postage? As others have said, good on you mate for doing this mate it's really kind of you. It is fantastic of you to supply people with some stuff (especially people who are just starting out).

MadZ
04-10-2013, 07:38 PM

have a look on ebay for the DD hammocks very reasonable, i'm on a tight budget to and know how it is, worth a look i grabbed on for £30 delivered

woodstock
05-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Sounds great, so very kind of you. There are some real nice people on here. You will have to come to one of the meets down here in Cornwall, so much fun. Thanks again :)

I have some gas stoves a camping gaz light, and some cookware at the moment if these are any good to you I will have another rummage and see what else I have.

campinggirl72
06-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Fantastic matey your are a star :) I will be more than happy to have them please x

woodstock
06-10-2013, 03:45 PM
There yours pm me a postal address and they will wing there way to you, I don't like to see kit that just sits gathering dust I would rather it was used so your doing me a favour. just remembered I also have a small eurohike tent.

Big T
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
That's just the attitude we like to see around here! Good on ya mate!

woodstock
06-10-2013, 06:07 PM
There is probably people on here that could help me out in times of need im sure.

Big T
06-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Your spot on there mate, it's that kind of attitude that makes this forum such a good place to be! Bushcraft seems to attract that kind of person.

campinggirl72
06-10-2013, 06:26 PM
There yours pm me a postal address and they will wing there way to you, I don't like to see kit that just sits gathering dust I would rather it was used so your doing me a favour. just remembered I also have a small eurohike tent.

Have pm'd you matey and thanks, I love you guys, you are all so very kind. My kind of people for sure :)

woodstock
06-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Pm back to you, no worries look forward to the fudge.

surplus 6
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
rucksacks and poncho arrived today, nice surprise when I got home tonight, they're brill. covering costs on way today.

shepherd
08-10-2013, 07:25 AM
fleece sleeping bag cover arrived very quickly. have bank transferred your money, thanks again matey!

woodstock
27-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Have pm'd you matey and thanks, I love you guys, you are all so very kind. My kind of people for sure :)

Hi sorry for the long delay your cooker and lamp are boxed ready to go, still trying to locate the sleeping bag+ mat.