PDA

View Full Version : rabbit snares

matty198111
17-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know the best place to get rabbit snares or the components to make them.

My friends uncle owns a big field and said we can snare the rabbits. As they are making holes in the field and its not good for his horses

Cheers

Mat

matty198111
17-10-2013, 07:09 PM
I have tried to pm fish but his inbox is full

f0rm4t
17-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know the best place to get rabbit snares or the components to make them.

My friends uncle owns a big field and said we can snare the rabbits. As they are making holes in the field and its not good for his horses

Cheers

Mat

I get mine from http://www.trapworks.co.uk/ Mat.
Effortless.

Less agro than making them if you don't mind paying out. Ian will always wave the home-made flag though, but he enjoys making them.

ian c
17-10-2013, 08:57 PM
As Paul said I do make my own Snares and use them also sell them to game keepers, the snares I make are 2" longer than the shop bought ones so they can be used on wire fences, I have found that the shop bought ones are not spun tightly enough and normally come with a poor piece of string.

Rasputin
17-10-2013, 11:28 PM

Cheers

Mat

Have you used snares before Mat ? If not please make sure you check them frequently so as to inflict the least amount of suffering on the animal. You can use picture hanging wire and paracord

f0rm4t
18-10-2013, 07:27 AM
When you come to one of our meets, Ian will show you how to make & set them.

...as well a few dead-fall and spear traps to sort out those pesky chav problems Ha! :shocked:

campinggirl72
20-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Have you used snares before Mat ? If not please make sure you check them frequently so as to inflict the least amount of suffering on the animal. You can use picture hanging wire and paracord

well said that man!

Silverback
20-10-2013, 09:54 AM

Well said Ken....finding the warrens and ferreting them would pay off too

matty198111
20-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Ive not used snares but the person who owns the land imcgoing to be on has plenty of times.
He said he is now to old to be out setting and checking them.
But he said he will show me how its done.
And I will only use the snares when staying on his land so will be able to check regular.

Cheers

Mat

surplus 6
21-10-2013, 08:59 PM
When you come to one of our meets, Ian will show you how to make & set them.

...as well a few dead-fall and spear traps to sort out those pesky chav problems Ha! :shocked:

book me a place on that one ;)