PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast club new year meet

mark
30-11-2013, 08:55 AM
First weekend of February ? Come hell or high wind, cold or rain.:campfire:

Ehecatl
30-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Well worth traversing several counties for!

ian c
30-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Count me in for that mate.

Tony1948
02-12-2013, 11:46 PM
1086310864Dave and me are up for a bit of that10865

mark
08-12-2013, 11:56 AM
First weekend of February ? Come hell or high wind, cold or rain.:campfire:

1st and 2nd febuary 2014.

Ehecatl
08-12-2013, 02:42 PM
1st and 2nd febuary 2014.

Only 54 bed times to go!

bopdude
08-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Pencil me in be good to see you lot again :)

ian c
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Cant wait need to get some outdoor time apart from work.

Ehecatl
09-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Plus 1 and me both have our pink tickets issued already!

bopdude
09-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Here's a daft question, I don't have any trees and want to get a few nights 'cold' experience, could I / would I damage my whoopie slings if I were to connect them to eyelets on the external garage walls ? Do you get what I mean, sort of push the eye of the sling through the eye of the eyelet and use something like a marlin spike to stop it pulling through ?

Sorry if that was long winded lol :oops:

mark
10-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Plus 1 and me both have our pink tickets issued already!

It will be good to see you both

mark
10-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Here's a daft question, I don't have any trees and want to get a few nights 'cold' experience, could I / would I damage my whoopie slings if I were to connect them to eyelets on the external garage walls ? Do you get what I mean, sort of push the eye of the sling through the eye of the eyelet and use something like a marlin spike to stop it pulling through ?

Sorry if that was long winded lol :oops:

I do understand. I don't see any problems.

bopdude
10-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Nice one cheers Mark, didn't want to do any damage to my slings lol Ok cool weather here ii come albeit in the back garden lol

mark
12-12-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm up here right now. We did dodge a windy bullet. There is so much windfall up here we won't need to panic about fire wood for some time. I might talk to the land lord about bring Ian up here with his chainsaw for a weekend and making safe alto of this.

It's a lovely foggy chilly day. The wood is full of mist that gives it a mystic feel. The fire is small but yet still hot, was still easy to light and stated to burn hot early. The kettle too no time to boil. My trousers where damp from the walk in but are now steaming and well on the way to dry. As the smoke fills the heavy damp air and moves slowly through the woods I'm reminded how lucky we are as a group to have this site and as a community to experience nature the only way. By getting out there.

bopdude
12-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm soooooooooo jealous right now mate.

Jd33
12-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Sounds good , as a "peasant " I am a mere novice so would appreciate some info on the meet up ....... What to bring what goes on were it is ....... Thanks for any info helpful or otherwise (I am very thick skinned )

mark
12-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Sounds good , as a "peasant " I am a mere novice so would appreciate some info on the meet up ....... What to bring what goes on were it is ....... Thanks for any info helpful or otherwise (I am very thick skinned )

The meet is held in Romford Essex. I hope it's not to far away for you. Bring all or go light weight it's up to you. We can only give you our opinion on what to bring. But the basics will be good. Shelter, fire, water and food. Plus toys.

Ehecatl
12-12-2013, 07:10 PM
I can't wait!

mark
13-12-2013, 03:10 PM
The meet is held in Romford Essex. I hope it's not to far away for you. Bring all or go light weight it's up to you. We can only give you our opinion on what to bring. But the basics will be good. Shelter, fire, water and food. Plus toys.

And BACON

I've used Paul kirtley for a lot of info. Pop over to his blog, there's a lot of useful info, along with what to take for a weekend.

What part of the world are you from jd33

f0rm4t
19-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Evening lads.
Not been on for a few weeks, sorry! :ashamed:

I'm gagging to get out, and she's gagging to get rid of me, so I'm all over it as always boys.
I've been off this week, and I'm not back until the 2nd :happy-clapping: I was hoping to get out and do a two day hike & over night'er, but I've just not managed it.

Tony, have you asked Santa for an under-quilt? You're gonna bloody need it in Feb! :shocked:

I'll start stock piling the brandy lads!

bopdude
19-12-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm sure I saw a post from Tony saying his under quilt had got to him, if the offer of lending your spare carries over to this meet I'll take you up on out this time please, as you say, it's going to be needed.

Jd33
20-12-2013, 06:17 AM
And BACON

I've used Paul kirtley for a lot of info. Pop over to his blog, there's a lot of useful info, along with what to take for a weekend.

What part of the world are you from jd33

Not far . Benfleet

f0rm4t
20-12-2013, 03:56 PM
if the offer of lending your spare carries over to this meet I'll take you up on out this time please, as you say, it's going to be needed.

No worries mate. Naturally, you're welcome to borrow it.

I'm going light on this one. I'm going to do a 6 item challenge :campfire:
...Lager, ale, wine, port, brandy and some water for the morning. :happy-clapping:

bopdude
20-12-2013, 04:36 PM
No worries mate. Naturally, you're welcome to borrow it.

I'm going light on this one. I'm going to do a 6 item challenge :campfire:
...Lager, ale, wine, port, brandy and some water for the morning. :happy-clapping:

That's sounds about right ;)

And thanks for the loan :)

Tony1948
20-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Ya Paul I'v got my snugpack thanks,just looking at the N-S guys got there quota 30,were are all the Southeast bushcrafters,this meet is an opon invite to any one that can attend all are welcome,a good time will be had by all.

f0rm4t
21-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Ya Paul I'v got my snugpack thanks,just looking at the N-S guys got there quota 30,were are all the Southeast bushcrafters,this meet is an opon invite to any one that can attend all are welcome,a good time will be had by all.

Nice one Tony! You be nice and Snug packed then! Ha!

I'll put a post on the group page otherwise none of the "group" will know about it. I only knew because Mat text me.

f0rm4t
21-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Naturally, you're welcome to borrow it.

Sorry Al, my brother in law is up for this one now, so will be lending all my second setup to him now mate.

Ehecatl
22-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Paul, we'll be down in Kent prior to this meet and could well be staying in or very near Singlewell. Once we know exactly what our plans are I'll give you a nudge in case you're in need of a pre-meet-warm-up-drink (Is the George still ok?). It won't be the Friday though as I intend to thrash Mike with my cue. Terry said that he will go if it's not too cold. That'll be a no then :confused:

M@

f0rm4t
22-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Paul, we'll be down in Kent prior to this meet and could well be staying in or very near Singlewell. Once we know exactly what our plans are I'll give you a nudge in case you're in need of a pre-meet-warm-up-drink (Is the George still ok?). It won't be the Friday though as I intend to thrash Mike with my cue. Terry said that he will go if it's not too cold. That'll be a no then :confused:

M@

Sounds like a plan Matt. Definitely give me a shout if you're down. Would be good to see you over a pint or ten. The George is my local yes. There's the premiere in next door to it and the manor hotel next to that if you're looking. Failing that, you're both more than welcome to hang in my garden! Ha!

See you soon matie!

Ehecatl
22-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a plan Matt. Definitely give me a shout if you're down. Would be good to see you over a pint or ten. The George is my local yes. There's the premiere in next door to it and the manor hotel next to that if you're looking. Failing that, you're both more than welcome to hang in my garden! Ha!

See you soon matie!

I'm really looking forward to it. I've already bought the Taylor's port! :o

f0rm4t
22-12-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm really looking forward to it. I've already bought the Taylor's port! :o

...and we look forward to drinking it all, leaving you with none!

Ehecatl
22-12-2013, 07:28 PM
...and we look forward to drinking it all, leaving you with none!

..again!

f0rm4t
22-12-2013, 07:28 PM
..again!

Yup!

bopdude
24-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Sorry Al, my brother in law is up for this one now, so will be lending all my second setup to him now mate.

No problem mate, I'm going to look at making one then T^

Tony1948
24-12-2013, 12:59 PM
To all the members of the Breakfast club,old and them to come have a good one you and you'rs see you all in the new year ATB...........Tony.......Dont get eaten by the bears.:happy-clapping:

f0rm4t
24-12-2013, 03:25 PM
To all the members of the Breakfast club,old and them to come have a good one you and you'rs see you all in the new year ATB...........Tony.......Dont get eaten by the bears.:happy-clapping:

Cheers Tony, have a good one mate!

I will.....!!

bopdude
24-12-2013, 10:52 PM
You gotta bring that to the meet, we can bring a bottle of choice, I can just hear the remarks of the photo's :D

rawfish111
24-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Just to say I sincerely hope that you guys have the best of times.

bopdude
24-12-2013, 11:23 PM

Thanks, I pretty much think ( natural disaster aside ) that we will, I mean, aside from the weather, nothing can dampen our resolve, pun intended ;)

f0rm4t
25-12-2013, 08:42 AM

Cheers bud!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

bopdude
26-12-2013, 12:25 PM
So what kind of temperature are we looking at getting down to lads, what sleeping systems are you going to be using ? And no Paul, not the liquid kind, although it may help :camping:

ian c
26-12-2013, 06:53 PM
I will be using a softy 9 sleeping bag, hammock might even make a under blanket to take with me it all depends on if the Mrs will let me use the sewing machine, as for the temperature I think it will be around the zero mark + - 5 but I know my sleeping bag will be alright down to about minus 10 and if it does get a little nippy I have my softy jacket and trousers.

bopdude
26-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the info Ian, I'm gonna look at making my own uq as well, you got any sites with plans, the ones I've seen are a bit vague.

ian c
26-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Sorry I don't have sites with plans for a UQ I was lucky that I was able to see a snugpak one and have a rough idea of how to make one.

bopdude
27-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah I remember Paul's vaguely, I'll do a bit of digging around

Ehecatl
27-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info Ian, I'm gonna look at making my own uq as well, you got any sites with plans, the ones I've seen are a bit vague.

This may be of use --> http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?6259-My-New-Homemade-Hammock-Underquilt

For what it's worth, I bought a jungle sleeping bag and using elastic cord and large safety pins, I hung it under my hammock making a crude under quilt. It worked fine although I would add I did it in the summer as it was an experiment.

Cheers,

M@

bopdude
27-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks that looks just the ticket.

mark
29-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks that looks just the ticket.

Www.gooutdoors.co.uk

Hi Gear Camper Square Sleeping Bag
CORE-DFCA-ZHG026
Average Review: All ReviewsWrite A Review
RETAIL PRICE £12.00
DISCOUNT CARD PRICE £6.00
SAVE
50%
Tell me more

jus_young
29-12-2013, 06:44 PM
My go at a DIY underquilt, still going strong

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2777-DIY-underquilt-project&highlight=underquilt

Phils go at it

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3328-Cheapass-Underquilt&highlight=underquilt

Chippy
06-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone. Newbie to the forum "Chippy" here. Looks like I'll miss the first meet of the year due to family commitments. How often does the Inside M25 group meet? Would love to get going on this. Also I noticed on earlier posts that the meet is in Romford. Is this private land? I always get very excited when I hear there are landowners out there that appreciate the practice of bushcraft.

f0rm4t
06-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone. Newbie to the forum "Chippy" here. Looks like I'll miss the first meet of the year due to family commitments. How often does the Inside M25 group meet? Would love to get going on this. Also I noticed on earlier posts that the meet is in Romford. Is this private land? I always get very excited when I hear there are landowners out there that appreciate the practice of bushcraft.

Hi bud,

We'll generally meet circa four times a year at Romford. Yes it's private land, around 100 acres I think. (That's not the size of the wood).

If you can't make this one it'll be a couple months till the next.

Look forward to meeting in due course chap.

Chippy
07-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Thanks Paul.
Pity that date is clashing.
As in the name of the group, I take it that the "Breakfast" part is integral to the meet! What other delights does the wood bring? I'll need to sneak in a few bushcraft books as I am fairly rusty! Even getting out for a weekend in the hammock would be amazing. Looking forward to finding out more about the group.

bopdude
07-01-2014, 09:47 AM
LOL, the breakfast ( s ) are something to behold, Mark ( and Co. ) do a slap up, have you seen the pictures on the group page, as for other delights, I'm new to it and so am learning as I go, but there are Rabbits to be had, there's a huge variety of trees etc ( trying to learn i.d's ) fire wood collection and processing, fire starting lesson with bow ( on-going ) ok, enough rambling, suffice to say I'm hooked lol, so much so that I have an overnighter soon then a 3 dayer middle of the month, can't wait :D

Chippy
07-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Sounds brilliant. Yes I have succeeded with the bow method many times at home but never out in the field....(where it matters!!)
Must get practicing my knots, my memory is fading......along with my hair!

bopdude
07-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Congrats on the bow drill fire starting, knots are another thing to learn more of, you-tube is great for this as well ;) well, don't be a stranger, try try and try some more, always room at the :campfire:

Tony1948
07-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Inside the M25,the breakfast club,just a reminder that we are a bunch of guys from Essex and Kent that get together 4or5 times a year for a night out in the woods.It is open to all that can make it on the day,we meet up about noon on the saturday at bedfords park north romford,then drive down to the woods on home farm.Most of us hang from the tree's but there is plenty of room to ground dwell,Ian will show you how to set traps for rabbits,I think we have got at lest one each time they have set them.We can show you the art of fire lighting and wood carving,if you are short of kit let us now we have spair you can borrow,after the evening meal when the sharps are put away we do have a tiple around the fire under Marks large parachute.You want evon need to carry you'r kit in you can throw it in the back of my 4x4 Truck.All are wecome PM me for any more info.11007110081100911010

Chippy
07-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Great info. Thanks Tony.

Markeff
07-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Hi one and all I'm new to the site and looking forward to meeting you in February.

Finally decided to get off the sidelines and get involved!

Happy new year yo you all

M

Markeff
07-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Hi you are probably all aware but grogs knots offer very good animations of all sorts of knots on you tube. I find them very easy to follow. And there is even an app to download if you want to part with a small amount of wonga

Tony1948
08-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Hi one and all I'm new to the site and looking forward to meeting you in February.

Finally decided to get off the sidelines and get involved!

Happy new year yo you all

MHi Bud it's usual to go to the Introduce Yourself to the Community thred befor Posting,instead of just jumping in,thanks.

Markeff
08-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Hi Bud it's usual to go to the Introduce Yourself to the Community thred befor Posting,instead of just jumping in,thanks.

Tony I didn't mean to cause offence . Is there any other etiquette I should be aware of?

jus_young
08-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Tony I didn't mean to cause offence . Is there any other etiquette I should be aware of?

Welcome to the forum Markeff. Don't mind Tony, he is not being brash, things just come across the wrong way with the written word on forums sometimes. Just jump over to the 'Introduce Yourself' thread on the front page and you will find all you need there. I normally post a link but can't from my phone at the moment.

f0rm4t
08-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Just jump over to the 'Introduce Yourself' thread on the front page

...or wake up with a Gransfors in your leg! :happy-clapping:

Here's the introductions thread (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Introduce-Yourself-amp-Welcome-to-the-Community!)

Look forward to seeing you at the meet Markeff. We're a friendly bunch and new faces are always nice to see.

Tony1948
09-01-2014, 01:14 AM
There is sumone out their posting on the last meets thread,if you now wot I meeeeeeeeen.

mark
09-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Stick your name on the list if your coming

1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1

f0rm4t
09-01-2014, 07:30 AM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1
7 darren (my brother-in-law)

What about Dave? ... Dave's gotta be there!
wild'ish?

bopdude
09-01-2014, 07:32 AM
There is sumone out their posting on the last meets thread,if you now wot I meeeeeeeeen.

Yeah yeah yeah, ok, Mark already pointed that out, one small mistake, I make one small mistake lol :D

Tony1948
09-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Ya Dave abe with me,he's just got a new Rangrover sport and dont wont to get it muddy(TART).Paul you coming over ear or coming with M@&Plus1.See you all at the end of the month.Wot about Ian?and who's wild'ish?11020

Ehecatl
09-01-2014, 05:18 PM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1

wild'ish?

Ian ?

ian c
09-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Of course I will be attending I need a rest from SWMBO Ha Ha.

Tony1948
10-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Tony I didn't mean to cause offence . Is there any other etiquette I should be aware of?Markeff you did'ant cause offence Bud and you will be most welcome at the meet at the end of the month,Atb.........Dont get eaten by the bears............Tony.

f0rm4t
12-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Ya Dave abe with me,he's just got a new Rangrover sport and dont wont to get it muddy(TART).Paul you coming over ear or coming with M@&Plus1.See you all at the end of the month.Wot about Ian?and who's wild'ish?11020

If Matt & Mick are coming I imagine we'll all come together, so would go straight there. My brother in law is coming too. If four packs won't go in one car then me and Darren will meet at yours mate.

Who's turn to drive? Matt cough cough. What car have you got Matt?

Tigger004
12-01-2014, 09:10 AM
I'd love to come but other commitments prevent it, maybe next time,

Ehecatl
12-01-2014, 01:40 PM
If Matt & Mick are coming I imagine we'll all come together, so would go straight there. My brother in law is coming too. If four packs won't go in one car then me and Darren will meet at yours mate.

Yup my turn to drive but I don't yet know whether Mrs Ehecatl will be commandeering the [estate] car. Another unknown is Terry and possibly his (daughter's) boyfriend who is a self confessed bushcraft addict. I'll make some calls and firm things up.

One things though - the cheese board is going to be good as weather permitting we'll be visiting France before hand. :happy-clapping:

I'll also see what they have in the way of port there - already got a bottle of Taylor's but maybe there's something even better to be had :p

Ehecatl
12-01-2014, 01:42 PM
STOP PRESS: Use of the car is looking very likely

f0rm4t
12-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I'd love to come but other commitments prevent it, maybe next time,
Are you down this way now then bud? If so, whereabouts?

One things though - the cheese board is going to be good as weather permitting we'll be visiting France before hand. :happy-clapping:

The famous Ehecatl Cheese board ah! Nice!
I assume Messieurs will be looking for some Coeur De Lion? Yum!
If you can... see if you can find Comté, you wont regret it!

Looking forward to it bud! :)

Ehecatl
12-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I assume Messieurs will be looking for some Coeur De Lion? Yum!

Oui - Le fromage Coeur De Lion provient de la boutique Sainsbury's Pepper Hill

f0rm4t
12-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Oui - Le fromage Coeur De Lion provient de la boutique Sainsbury's Pepper Hill

probablement moins cher de toute façon!

mieux que ça merde français :happy-clapping:

Ehecatl
12-01-2014, 03:33 PM
probablement moins cher de toute façon!

mieux que ça merde français :happy-clapping:

Quelle?? :confused:

Markeff
13-01-2014, 02:42 AM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1
8 Markeff

wild'ish?

Count me in

f0rm4t
13-01-2014, 07:08 AM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1
8 Markeff
9 Ian
10 Dave

Any more? roll-up roll-up!

Ehecatl
13-01-2014, 03:53 PM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1
8 Markeff
9 Ian
10 Dave

Spoke with Terry. His attendance really depends on how warm/dry it will be. I'll keep working on him but I fear he'll bottle it.

simonkent
13-01-2014, 04:13 PM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1
8 Markeff
9 Ian
10 Dave

i would love to attend if possible, i need to try all my kit out and this would be perfect with all you guys around

f0rm4t
13-01-2014, 06:11 PM
i would love to attend if possible, i need to try all my kit out and this would be perfect with all you guys around

Hello Simon.

Sorry pal, I must have missed your introduction post.
It would be great to see you there.
We're a friendly bunch and mark has a great permission at home farm.
Where abouts in kent are you from?

You're more than welcome to meet us lot in kent then make our way over the water.

Welcome aboard!

Ehecatl
13-01-2014, 06:33 PM

On a not unrelated matter, who's turn is it to cook? Paul cough cough. What apron and oven gloves you got Paul? :happy-clapping:

simonkent
13-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Hello Simon.

Sorry pal, I must have missed your introduction post.
It would be great to see you there.
We're a friendly bunch and mark has a great permission at home farm.
Where abouts in kent are you from?

You're more than welcome to meet us lot in kent then make our way over the water.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Paul.

That would be great to meet up and drive over, i currently live in west kingsdown and own a factory in Gravesend.But we are looking to move home down to east kent soon as the wife's family live down that way.

what would you like me to bring food wise etc

f0rm4t
13-01-2014, 06:46 PM
On a not unrelated matter, who's turn is it to cook? Paul cough cough. What apron and oven gloves you got Paul? :happy-clapping:

You missed my cooking Matt! I did it at the last one.
The fellas said it was a banquette like they've never had in there life!
A real treat they said!
Could never be repeated they said.
You'll never need to cook at this meet again they said!
Yes really, they said!

So it looks like you're on then Matt.
<tongue firmly placed in cheek>

f0rm4t
13-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Hi Paul.

That would be great to meet up and drive over, i currently live in west kingsdown and own a factory in Gravesend.But we are looking to move home down to east kent soon as the wife's family live down that way.

what would you like me to bring food wise etc

Sounds like a plan mate. We'll sort out arrangements closer to the time.
With regards to food, the clue is in the group name ;)

We'll normally do a communal meal for Saturday night for those who wish to partake. It's optional mate.

...All I'm saying is Matt (Ehecatl) is the bush equivalent of Michel Roux Jnr! But it may be me cooking.

mark
13-01-2014, 09:36 PM
The only utensile I've ever seen you pick up was a fork. And that went in your mouth.

ian c
13-01-2014, 09:44 PM
All I will say is I look forward to the weekend and do not mind who cooks so long as there is BACON.

f0rm4t
14-01-2014, 07:19 AM
The only utensile I've ever seen you pick up was a fork. And that went in your mouth.

I resemble that remark!!!! ...wait, that's not right.

Okay fine I'll cook!

Menu

Appetisers
Cheese & Biscuits (Matt's actually. Oh and his port if he brings it)

Starters
Bannock with bacon served with a chisel

Main
Bannock with sausage and bacon served with a Gränsfors small forest axe

Desert
Sweet Bannock a la smarties, served with one of Tony's ash ladles

Thanks gents! I bet you can't wait! :)

f0rm4t
14-01-2014, 07:20 AM
All I will say is I look forward to the weekend and do not mind who cooks so long as there is BACON.

...and black pudding! :)

Ehecatl
14-01-2014, 08:26 AM

I'm not going unless there is bacon!

Mark - how many saucepans are there?

Ehecatl
14-01-2014, 08:33 AM
I resemble that remark!!!! ...wait, that's not right.

Okay fine I'll cook!

Menu

Appetisers
Cheese & Biscuits (Matt's actually. Oh and his port if he brings it)

Starters
Bannock with bacon served with a chisel

Main
Bannock with sausage and bacon served with a Gränsfors small forest axe

Desert
Sweet Bannock a la smarties, served with one of Tony's ash ladles

Thanks gents! I bet you can't wait! :)

I was thinking of a couple of small bacon joints boiled in Coke with some tortellini on the side. Some parmisan shavings and a side of braised cabbage. :p

f0rm4t
14-01-2014, 08:51 AM
I was thinking of a couple of small bacon joints boiled in Coke with some tortellini on the side. Some parmisan shavings and a side of braised cabbage. :p

I Google-translated that, and it just said "Good luck with that!". :happy-clapping:

Okay seriously!
Vote time:

1. Thai Massaman Curry & Rice
2. Chilli & Rice
3. Stew with Mash
4. Fajitas & Mexican Style Rice

Ehecatl
14-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Vote time:

1. Thai Massaman Curry & Rice Matt (but can we have some sauce on the side please that is extra hot?)
2. Chilli & Rice
3. Stew with Mash
4. Fajitas & Mexican Style Rice

Ehecatl
14-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Sorry double post - can I have two portions then? :happy-clapping:

mark
14-01-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm more then happy to be mum( no change there ). Paul did you want the same as last time.

f0rm4t
14-01-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm more then happy to be mum( no change there ). Paul did you want the same as last time.

If you want to be Mum, I'm more than happy to surrender the apron. (thank you god!)
Just let it be known, I was ready to step up when required.

We had your risotto last time didn't we. That was a bloody tidy plate of food mate! :)

Ehecatl
14-01-2014, 11:17 AM
If you want to be Mum, I'm more than happy to surrender the apron. (thank you god!)
Just let it be known, I was ready to step up when required.

We had your risotto last time didn't we. That was a bloody tidy plate of food mate! :)

I've got the cheese covered. Ooo - and the brownies that we'll dip in Paul's brandy.

ian c
14-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Menu 2,3 and 4 sound good to me.

f0rm4t
14-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Menu 2,3 and 4 sound good to me.

Mark's cooking bud.
We'll be having that awesome risotto he did last time. Happy days!

Ehecatl
14-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Well I'm still gonna have a bacon joint boiled in Coke, but for lunch. It'll be cold and we'll need the calories.

f0rm4t
14-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Well I'm still gonna have a bacon joint boiled in Coke, but for lunch. It'll be cold and we'll need the calories.

Fair play. We'll be so active, keeping on top of calorie intake is important! I agree!

Tony1948
14-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Ian are you bringing you're chain saw?

ian c
14-01-2014, 09:21 PM
It will be in me car, but wont be using it there as will need permission of the land owner.

Tony1948
14-01-2014, 11:29 PM
OK bud

mark
15-01-2014, 04:11 AM
I'm not going unless there is bacon!

Mark - how many saucepans are there?

2 frying pans
1 largish pan
Small selection of pots
And large ass Dutch oven (Xmas present)

f0rm4t
15-01-2014, 07:08 AM

Well, now we know why you want to cook! Big kid in a ....pot store :) :happy-clapping:

Looking forward to it :)

Ehecatl
15-01-2014, 08:13 AM
2 frying pans
1 largish pan
Small selection of pots

Boiled bacon for lunch it is then! :)

I'll be going for the unglazed version and I want to be absolutely clear in stressing the "cola" aspect of this recipe.......

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/ham-in-coca-cola-171

f0rm4t
15-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Boiled bacon for lunch it is then! :)

I'll be going for the unglazed version and I want to be absolutely clear in stressing the "cola" aspect of this recipe.......

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/ham-in-coca-cola-171

intrigued and looking forward to it. ...i think. :shocked:

bopdude
15-01-2014, 08:40 AM
We used to inject coke with red wine into our Lamb on a spit BBQ in South Africa, tasted great :D

Tony1948
17-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Ok you guys you'v got you'r snap sorted and it sounds bootyfull.Do any of the newbies need any kit that we can lend them for the night,we dont want them to freeze and not have sutch a good time that they dont come back11081

Ehecatl
17-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Ok you guys you'v got you'r snap sorted and it sounds bootyfull.Do any of the newbies need any kit that we can lend them for the night,we dont want them to freeze and not have sutch a good time that they dont come back

Paul said that if anyone was cold they could bunk with him. :shocked:

Tony1948
17-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Ar thats all right then M@.:happy-clapping:

f0rm4t
17-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Paul said that if anyone was cold they could bunk with him. :shocked:

Ok ...but I'm the big spoon!!

wildish64
17-01-2014, 09:57 PM
hello chaps,sounds like another great meet waiting to happen.. am hoping to get along to one at some point this year,too good to miss.
am currently saving to get to a meet in scotland in march so will looking forward to the pics and stories.

mark
18-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Shall we have a little theme this time. How about a little show and tell. Blades is always a good one, bring your sharps.

f0rm4t
18-01-2014, 10:03 AM
hello chaps,sounds like another great meet waiting to happen.. am hoping to get along to one at some point this year,too good to miss.
am currently saving to get to a meet in scotland in march so will looking forward to the pics and stories.

About time you showed your face! I was going to call SAR! Ha!

f0rm4t
18-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Shall we have a little theme this time. How about a little show and tell. Blades is always a good one, bring your sharps.

Hang on!
I remember the last time you wanted to do show and tell...!!!
Count me out.

Tony1948
18-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Shall we have a little theme this time. How about a little show and tell. Blades is always a good one, bring your sharps.......AAAh You lot have seen mine ant got to bring em all again ave I,Im trying to go light.I'll come with my chopper:evilgrin:

Ehecatl
18-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Can we agree that if we are "show and telling" we won't chloroform Dave this time?

Ehecatl
18-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Hang on!
I remember the last time you wanted to do show and tell...!!!
Count me out.

Paul - hang on..... I think it may have been a "show and please don't tell" ?

:ashamed:

wildish64
19-01-2014, 11:39 AM
About time you showed your face! I was going to call SAR! Ha!

lol well thanks for remembering and inviting me paul, most kind bud T^

ian c
20-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Ehecatl clear some of your messages mate.

Ehecatl
20-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Ehecatl clear some of your messages mate.

Ian - Done.

M@

mark
20-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Mat as the other chef on site would you mind cooking breakfast for me.

Ehecatl
20-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Mark - I would be delighted. Not doing it for any of the others though :happy-clapping:

Tony1948
21-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Not long to go now guys,Wots the weather going to be like?just cold and not wet I hope,see you soon,:camping:

f0rm4t
22-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Not long to go now guys,Wots the weather going to be like?just cold and not wet I hope,see you soon,:camping:

As long as it's not hacking down I'm sure it'll be fine whatever the weather! <gulp>

simonkent
22-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Long term forecast is showing showers and cold, i Cant wait for this and the last of my new gear turned up yesterday.

Ehecatl
22-01-2014, 11:54 AM
It's going to be above freezing so at least the beers should be a great temperature!

Tony1948
22-01-2014, 12:45 PM
And the Red wine M@:happy-clapping:is it going to be warm enuff for plus1,or will we not see him till he comes out of hibernation.:happy-clapping:

Ehecatl
22-01-2014, 01:19 PM
And the Red wine M@:happy-clapping:is it going to be warm enuff for plus1,or will we not see him till he comes out of hibernation.:happy-clapping:

Plus1 (Mike) will certainly be there. I'll be stopping with him the night before so even if he changes his mind I shall pack him up in my rucksack and bring him anyway. It's Terry (Yalding, Kent) landowner who is likely to still be hybernating. I shall none the less nag him starting tonight.

With regard to the red wine Tony, I think you are spot on there mate. I shall see if I can source a decent bottle from France before hand.

Cheers,

M@

Ehecatl
23-01-2014, 07:38 PM
What the?

Well chaps, it would seem that Terry (of the Yalding permission) is going to come! :eek: He was concerned about being cold, wet and miserable. I said we'd certainly keep him warm and dry :happy-clapping:

Hurrah!

ian c
23-01-2014, 08:06 PM
That's good to hear that Terry is going to be there as well.

Ehecatl
24-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Apart from the stuff I've yet to purchase (Port, Cheese, booze, bacon joint, cola), I'm all packed! I know there's over a week to go still but I'm all packed! :o

Ehecatl
24-01-2014, 05:03 PM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude
5 mat
6 plus 1
8 Markeff
9 Ian
10 Dave
11 Terry - Yay!

bopdude
24-01-2014, 05:07 PM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude aka Alan
5 mat
6 plus 1
8 Markeff
9 Ian
10 Dave
11 Terry - Yay!

Just thought I'd add a tag :)

simonkent
24-01-2014, 05:35 PM
add me as well please if its still ok please

Ehecatl
24-01-2014, 05:48 PM
1 mark
2 tony
3 format ( paul )
4 bobdude (Alan)
5 mat
6 plus 1
8 Markeff
9 Ian
10 Dave
11 Terry - Yay!
12 Simon

ian c
24-01-2014, 07:29 PM
I will be bringing a couple of things that I do not use any more or that I have got more than 1 of also will bring a few spare wires (rabbit snares) that I have made with me.

f0rm4t
24-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I will be bringing a couple of things that I do not use any more or that I have got more than 1 of also will bring a few spare wires (rabbit snares) that I have made with me.

Well as there is a few noobs, you'll be busy into'ing them to trapping, so you'll need them. If you take the normal runs, I'll set on the other side for a change.

Ehecatl
25-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Well as there is a few noobs, you'll be busy into'ing them to trapping, so you'll need them. If you take the normal runs, I'll set on the other side for a change.

:off-topic: I know, but in the event I purchase le fromage francais, could it be accommodated in your fridge please? I promise - no malouire (that stuff could walk to the meet by itself).

Tony1948
25-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Dont forget guys this is an open invite to any one that wants to attend,only 6days to go,sounds like it's going to be a good one see you all there.

f0rm4t
25-01-2014, 10:06 AM
:off-topic: I know, but in the event I purchase le fromage francais, could it be accommodated in your fridge please? I promise - no malouire (that stuff could walk to the meet by itself).

No worries bud.
May be half the weight by the time it gets to camp though! :)

bopdude
25-01-2014, 12:48 PM
I may not be making this :sad: I have a job starting Wednesday running through the week and into the weekend on nights, can't see how I'm gonna do the meet and the job, the job is in the city ( St Pancras ) never say never though, we'll see how it goes :camping:

ian c
25-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Well if you can make it that would be great otherwise take care and see you at the next meet.

Tony1948
25-01-2014, 01:13 PM
You got to take the work when you can AL,we,ll see you next time maybe,will be thinking of you working when we are on the cheese biscuit and red wine.:happy-clapping:

bopdude
25-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Cheers Ian, Tony yeah, work is work, and Tony, I know where ya live :guns: :camping:

Tony1948
25-01-2014, 02:38 PM
:jumping-joy::jumping-joy:Ya right:happy-clapping:

bopdude
25-01-2014, 03:00 PM
:jumping-joy::jumping-joy:Ya right:happy-clapping:

:camping:

f0rm4t
25-01-2014, 06:21 PM
A man gotta do what a mans gotta do Al. Shame, but there's always another.

Tony, I was getting things ready tonight but tore the garage apart looking for my possibles pouch. Then realised I left it around yours! Ahhh!
What have you got mate? Pouch, belt, knife. Anything else mate, before I go mad looking for it.

Tony1948
25-01-2014, 06:34 PM
All the above plus Shemagh& Gravesed FC beenny.

f0rm4t
25-01-2014, 06:36 PM
All the above plus Shemagh& Gravesed FC beenny.

Cheers tony!
...RFC mate, I don't do that poofy football malarkey ;)

Tony1948
25-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Oh ya sorry Paul did'ant see the R I got the beenny and the Shemagh stuffed in to the pouch.

f0rm4t
25-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Oh ya sorry Paul did'ant see the R I got the beenny and the Shemagh stuffed in to the pouch.

Nice one bud!

Ehecatl
25-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Right chaps - going off air until mid week.

Paul - I'll call you Tuesday evening regarding the cheese drop and then Thurs for some liquid refreshment :please:

Cheers,

M@

f0rm4t
26-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Right chaps - going off air until mid week.

Paul - I'll call you Tuesday evening regarding the cheese drop and then Thurs for some liquid refreshment :please:

Cheers,

M@

Sold and ...sold.
Just packed and ready to go, just need to shop for booze 'n bits.

What shall we do on the morning? All meet around yours or mine, along with the new fellas?
We'll have three new faces on this meet.

...so good job we've got a new goat!

Tony1948
26-01-2014, 12:36 PM
You Kent guys going straght to Bedfords park and we all meet in the car park and hang about for Mark,:happy-clapping:

Chippy
26-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Have a great weekend everyone. Goin mad I'm missing it. I'm wondering if any of this group would be up for a Birch Sap Tapping 2 nighter? Just asking now in time for the season. Looking forward to seeing pics of yer trip.

f0rm4t
26-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Sounds good Tony!
Cheeky ask! Can you put a couple more holes in my leather belt you've got please mate? last time i wore it, it kept falling down.
T^

You Kent guys going straght to Bedfords park and we all meet in the car park and hang about for Mark,:happy-clapping:

f0rm4t
26-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Have a great weekend everyone. Goin mad I'm missing it. I'm wondering if any of this group would be up for a Birch Sap Tapping 2 nighter? Just asking now in time for the season. Looking forward to seeing pics of yer trip.

My favourite two words: "two" and "nighter" :happy-clapping:

Tony1948
26-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Sounds good Tony!
Cheeky ask! Can you put a couple more holes in my leather belt you've got please mate? last time i wore it, it kept falling down.
T^ Ya I'll do that for you Paul wight now.

f0rm4t
27-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Ya I'll do that for you Paul wight now.

Cheers mate!
Have you thought about bringing the crossbow? Ha!

mark
27-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Ok chaps only a couple of days left. Same as always. Meet at lower bedfords park and then onwards. A number of newbies this time so be nice ( Paul, tony ). I'm doing the shopping for dinner on Thursday. Am I buying breakfast as well. If so I'm sorry but I will have to ask for contributions towards the food this time due to the number of chaps coming. You eat so much.

f0rm4t
27-01-2014, 07:09 PM
A number of newbies this time so be nice ( Paul, tony ).
Don't look at me, it's Tony ...it's always Tony.

Am I buying breakfast as well.
You getting everything, or shall we bring a bit? If the former, don't forget the black pud!

M@ is dropping the cheese on Wednesday.

I'll get a load of brownies and brandy and a bottle of port :evilgrin:

Any weird and wonderful requests? ...Think outside the hammock!

ian c
27-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I can get some BACON and eggs if that is any help?

mark
28-01-2014, 04:54 AM
I can get some BACON and eggs if that is any help?

Thank you sir

mark
28-01-2014, 04:55 AM
You getting everything, or shall we bring a bit? If the former, don't forget the black pud!

Can you buy that. I don't eat that so I don't know the best brand

Tony1948
28-01-2014, 09:08 AM
I,ll be brining my own evening meal,but will have bacon,eggs and black pud for Sunday morning to shair....not long to go now.

Tony1948
28-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Mark have you been in touch with the land owner yet?I,d like to get a bit of that Pine tree that has been left just the other side of the stables to make a swedeish candle,can you ask if we can have a bit bud,it's on the left just befor we go onto the track:campfire:

Tony1948
28-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Mark have you been in touch with the land owner yet?I,d like to get a bit of that Pine tree that has been left just the other side of the stables to make a swedeish candle,can you ask if we can have a bit bud,it's on the left just befor we go onto the track:campfire:. This is Y I wanted Ian to bring his chainsore

bopdude
28-01-2014, 10:16 AM
If I can make it, and I will try everything to be there I'll bring bits and bobs breakfast wise, what are we doing about evening meal Mark ? all bring bits for a stew ?

simonkent
28-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Im more than happy to bring food etc, think we just need to decide whos bringing what etc so as nothing gets wasted if we all bring bacon etc

f0rm4t
28-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Im more than happy to bring food etc, think we just need to decide whos bringing what etc so as nothing gets wasted if we all bring bacon etc

Wasted bacon? Not really possible at "The Breakfast Club" Simon! :shocked:

As far as you're concerned mate, just let Mark get everything and you can chip in on the day.
Don't worry about the detail on you're first one pal, let us take the strain, as it were. Just turn up and have fun!

This video was a small gathering in relation to others!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdgdo5j0Qxg

Tony1948
28-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Im more than happy to bring food etc, think we just need to decide whos bringing what etc so as nothing gets wasted if we all bring bacon etc I think Marks and a cuple of other are brining enuff of the evning meal.For breakfast just bring some eggs,you can have some of my bacon and black pud,OH and some raps to stick it all in.:camping:1114611147who said somthing about Paul doing the cooking:happy-clapping:11148hay throw another shrimp on the Barbee Dave.:jumping-joy:

Tony1948
29-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Weather's looking a bit damp guys,Hope to see you all saturday noon.

f0rm4t
29-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Can't wait!

Gentlemen from Kent, I'm meeting M@ for a beer tomorrow night where we'll discuss a Kent muster location and travel arrangements, as well as how pretty we both look. Watch this space, I'll post an update as soon as we've finalised.

...Ah - Naturally, anyone is welcome to join us. We'll be at The George from circa 8pm Map Here (http://goo.gl/maps/lukwi)

This is me, Paul: I'll be the drunk one, M@ will be the one picking the drunk one up :innocent:

Ehecatl
29-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Paul - please make sure you wear your green jumper and your green beany or I might not recognise you!

mark
30-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Don't panic with the food.The wife has told me no council tax this mouth so I can go shopping Friday
I will buy all the, plus a bottle of something for the landowner as a thank you. Donations will be gratefully accepted. Ian bring your chainsaw. I'll make a thing of safety, after all we will be doing favour. Don't forgetting you booze and lunch for Saturday. See you then

P.s

Same time 11.30 ish at lower Bedfordshire park

Tony1948
31-01-2014, 08:32 AM
The Essex and Kent breakfast club meet is nearly hear! Hope you guys have got all your kit packed,you'll going to need it,I'm just hopping we can get the Truck up there,it's a long muddy tramp if we can't.:camping::happy-clapping:

f0rm4t
31-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Cheers Terry & Matt. I have a hangover, so thanks for that. T^

People of Kent, wanting to muster this side of the water before heading to Bedfords Park, please let me know and I'll PM you my address in Singlewell (just off the A2)
Matt, Terry, Mike, Darren & myself will be heading off from my house at 10:15 tomorrow morning.

f0rm4t
31-01-2014, 08:43 AM
The Essex and Kent breakfast club meet is nearly hear! Hope you guys have got all your kit packed,you'll going to need it,I'm just hopping we can get the Truck up there,it's a long muddy tramp if we can't.:camping::happy-clapping:

Ready willing and able bud!
See you in the morning. :campfire:

midas
31-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Have a goode weekende n enjoy!!Hope weathers kind to you!!Bitter Cold n Wet here in Yorkshire.

simonkent
31-01-2014, 03:28 PM
HI Paul if you can send details over that would be great

Cheers Terry & Matt. I have a hangover, so thanks for that. T^

People of Kent, wanting to muster this side of the water before heading to Bedfords Park, please let me know and I'll PM you my address in Singlewell (just off the A2)
Matt, Terry, Mike, Darren & myself will be heading off from my house at 10:15 tomorrow morning.

f0rm4t
31-01-2014, 03:40 PM
HI Paul if you can send details over that would be great

PM sent bud.

ian c
31-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Don't forget to waterproof all your kit and if you have waterproofs take them, all I have got to do now is pack the car.

simonkent
31-01-2014, 06:04 PM
i hope this weather front passes, its terrible for my first time out,i don't mind the cold but this rain is relentless

f0rm4t
31-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Looks okay tomorrow.

Tony1948
31-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Its stoped hear in Essex at the mow:jumping-joy:

ian c
31-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Simon there was a saying in the Army if its not raining its not training, don't worry you will be ok and there will be plenty of others there to help if you need it.

Tony1948
01-02-2014, 08:26 AM
All ready to go guys,nice and sunny ear in Essex,see you all over the meet up car park in a bit,:happy-clapping::camping:

f0rm4t
01-02-2014, 08:27 AM
All ready to go guys,nice and sunny ear in Essex,see you all over the meet up car park in a bit,:happy-clapping::camping:

Yup, beautiful isn't it!
See you in a bit mate, just waiting for the lads.

bopdude
01-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Wish i could make it guys but the job means no way can I :( i hate night shifts lol, have a cracking weekend, be safe, warm and drunk ( Paul ) :D

Yeah, I'm jealous, a tad ;)

simonkent
02-02-2014, 06:00 PM
well its a big thanks from me guys,
thanks to mark and matt for keeping us fed with top quality food all weekend.
Ian for a great lesson in trapping and great all round outside knowledge
paul for the invite, and all the rest of the guys for a really good laugh all weekend.
im more than impressed with my new hammock and hope this was the first of many hangs.
thanks again guys T^

f0rm4t
02-02-2014, 06:17 PM
well its a big thanks from me guys,
thanks to mark and matt for keeping us fed with top quality food all weekend.
Ian for a great lesson in trapping and great all round outside knowledge
paul for the invite, and all the rest of the guys for a really good laugh all weekend.
im more than impressed with my new hammock and hope this was the first of many hangs.
thanks again guys T^

Nice one Si T^
Glad you enjoyed yourself pal and look forward to seeing you at the next one. Getting a solid night's sleep in a hammock straight off the bat is brilliant and means you wont have to fanny around getting your settings tweaked until you're happy.

Nice to see some new faces too. I know Darren enjoyed himself and has just joined the forum tonight too.

Ehecatl
02-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Chaps - thanks for a great time - I really enjoyed myself. Had a good run home from Mike's especially as I wasn't driving! :happy-clapping:

Before departing from Mike's I noticed an unsightly lump in my abdomen. I wasn't particularly concerned as it looked lighter shaped (how did it get there?), however upon retrieving it from under my base layer I noticed minor burns to my gut! :shocked: I won't be posting a photo as I do not wish to cause offence to anyone under 137 years of age. As ever the "wisdom of Mark" is timely and correct - I shall be wearing an apron next time. More than likely this will be a cheap space blanket secured with a bit of para cord.

We've set the spouses the task of a date for Yalding, hopefully in April and as soon as there is some news I let you all know.

Thanks again everyone for a thoroughly enjoyable time.

M@

plus1
02-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks again Mark another great weekend, so nice to catch up with everyone and meet other budding bush crafters (Darren, Mark and Simon)
Cheers to Mark and Matt for fantastic grub and to Tony for advice on my carving tools
Look forwards to the next meet
Cheers to you all
Plus1 AKA Tumbleweed

ian c
02-02-2014, 07:36 PM
I am glad that the weather held off and the food that Mark and Matt cooked was outstanding and very enjoyable, SWMBO has said that I can go to the next meet so am now looking forward to the next meet and hopefully I will have made a under quilt by then.

Tony1948
03-02-2014, 10:29 AM
THank to Mark and the guys for a brilliant over night down on home farm,a good time was had by all.There was a little bit of an hicup at the end of the meet with mine and Simons 4x4's namely we could'ant get up the hill and off the field and had to go to the owner with cap in hand and ask him to come down and drag us both off with his 4x4 tractor,lesson lernt dont do off roading in a 4x4 with road going tyers after its been raining on and off for a week.Thanks again guys for a great meet hope to see you all next time...........Tony.

Chippy
03-02-2014, 12:41 PM
www.jealous.com
www.happy/for/you/all/though.com
www.hope/to/make/the/next/one.com
www.any/pictures?.com

Dazza190
03-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi guys, I got distracted looking at new kit after joining the forum last night.

Thanks for making me feel welcome and a great time, Mark and Matt for the first class food, Paul for lending me some kit and setting me up, Ian for the lessons in trapping and the remainder for your company and laughs!

When I went to bed with my Ray Mears book I think she realised it was game over:happy-clapping:

See you all next time - Darren

Markeff
03-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Well guys I had a superb weekend it was a real pleasure to meet you all

Mark

f0rm4t
03-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Well guys I had a superb weekend it was a real pleasure to meet you all

Mark

How long until you felt normal again mate?

Ehecatl
03-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I've never been normal since joining the Breakfast Club :shocked:

I'm just SO glad I had the pouch on my bum bag facing forward when I cooked. Mrs Ehecatl is pleased too! :happy-clapping:

f0rm4t
04-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Did anyone take any pictures?
I've got a blurry one of Mark forcing a cheese into his mouth, but that's it. :ashamed:

Dazza190
04-02-2014, 02:46 PM
I got one of a tractor being followed closely by a pick up! ;)

f0rm4t
04-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I got one of a tractor being followed closely by a pick up! ;)

Post it bud.

f0rm4t
04-02-2014, 02:49 PM
www.jealous.com
www.happy/for/you/all/though.com
www.hope/to/make/the/next/one.com
www.any/pictures?.com

...Next time!

simonkent
04-02-2014, 04:01 PM
The view from my hammock Sunday morning :)

Sylvanbilly
04-02-2014, 04:06 PM
The view from my hammock Sunday morning :)

COOL!!
Wish I was there

Dazza190
04-02-2014, 07:33 PM

f0rm4t
04-02-2014, 07:39 PM

Dh'o!
One of those awkward life moments!

Markeff
04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Hahaha well I was back to normal by the afternoon a nice hot bath, cuppa tea and the girly set me right !

Ehecatl
04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Home sweet home...

View up to the "main site"

Ehecatl
04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Dave setting up (next to Tony)

Mark (eff's) abode...

At this point the SIM card said "No!" - sorry folks. Of course, when I got home and re-tried the camera it was fine. :mad2: Oh um.

mark
05-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Dh'o!
One of those awkward life moments!

Thanks chaps. Was trying to forget that part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehecatl
05-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks chaps. Was trying to forget that part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been focussing on the positive parts: Boiled bacon, baked brie, risotto, cheese, Paul's brandy brownies, breakfast (includes bacon!) and the position of by bum bag whilst cooking it(!), the new and very interesting people I met. Then there was your display of log splitting with a Gransfor Forest Axe and as I am sure Tony will confirm, a very agreeable bottle of French red for three euros. Add on top of that the good weather (compared to what we'd just missed) and I can't remember what we were trying to forget!

Ehecatl
06-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Tony: Two bad things happened. 1. My daughter got a post wisdom teeth op infection. 2. She came home to recuperate and spotted the tin you gave me :zombie-fighting:

If you have any more to spare, could you put one to one side for me (her) please?

Much appreciate.

Cheers,

M@

Tony1948
06-02-2014, 09:50 PM
No problem M@, if you PM me you'r address I'll send you one.

wildish64
09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
sounds like another great weekend was had.
i've got my fingers crossed i can get along to another one with you guys soon.

Tony1948
09-02-2014, 10:15 AM
You will be most welcome bud.

f0rm4t
09-02-2014, 06:17 PM
sounds like another great weekend was had.
i've got my fingers crossed i can get along to another one with you guys soon.

Be good to see you again bud.

f0rm4t
13-02-2014, 04:45 PM
The pics look fantastic gents

Well get yourself to the next one bud, and you can take some of your own T^