PDA

View Full Version : Midlands good locations?

Kingjonesy
16-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this the correct place to ask, but can anyone recommend a good woodland location for bushcraft/wild camp in the midlands?

Don't necessarily need exact coordinates.

Cheers

Rich

Ehecatl
16-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Rich - I'm a new resident of the Midlands (from Kent) and am also looking for something similar. I've got relatives in Loughborough and Chesterfield so I think it's time to get them to do some research for us! :innocent:

M@

Silverback
16-12-2013, 09:45 PM
I have permission for 10 acres of mixed woodland near chesterfield

Kingjonesy
16-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi Sapper,

Have you had many camps there? What's it like?

Rich

Silverback
17-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Mixed broadleaved woodland, unmanaged sadly has public footpaths, not had chance to do anything with it yet tbh

Kingjonesy
17-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Routes planned, starting at Burbage Edge and over Stanage, Derwent Edge then drop down to the dam and up to Win Hill for the night. Back a similar route the next day.

Now I need to decide if I'm taking the hammock or just the bivvy and tarp.

robmac
17-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Rich - I'm a new resident of the Midlands (from Kent) and am also looking for something similar. I've got relatives in Loughborough and Chesterfield so I think it's time to get them to do some research for us! :innocent:

M@

As a kid, I used to camp in an area of Charnwood Forest known as the Outwoods just outside Loughborough, your relatives would know it. Don't know if you can camp there these days though as I moved away long ago.

Ehecatl
17-12-2013, 10:14 PM
As a kid, I used to camp in an area of Charnwood Forest known as the Outwoods just outside Loughborough, your relatives would know it. Don't know if you can camp there these days though as I moved away long ago.

Thanks I'll check it out - via my relatives :)

Sar-ian
20-12-2013, 03:21 AM
Hi all,

Not sure if this the correct place to ask, but can anyone recommend a good woodland location for bushcraft/wild camp in the midlands?

Don't necessarily need exact coordinates.

Cheers

Rich

M@

Hey guys, you could always sign up for a Northern Soul moot, we only camp with permission, and there's always help at hand... cheers Ian...

INQUISITORSWRATH
21-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Hi

new here

also in midlands and looking for a place to test the bivvi.

Sapper- is it possible to use your sight??

Ooh excuse caps- keyboard broken

Silverback
21-01-2015, 02:44 PM
We no longer have access rights it was sold

INQUISITORSWRATH
21-01-2015, 02:59 PM
:-(

xWillo
09-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Anyone else has some input on this?
Quite interested in finding some new woodland area's to explore.

Baldie121
15-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Sapper, hope you are well.

Myself and my 22 yr old nephew are looking for somewhere to get back to basics and get away from it all for a few days over a weekend.
Just wondered if you place in Chesterfield ever came off ?......what it is like and do you know of any more around the Midlands area ?
Being ex forces it has been a while since I stripped back to basics and ' survived '.....so to speak and would very much like to get back into it and revive some of the memories I have.
I would be grateful of any ideas you may have.

Baldie121

Baldie121
15-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Anywhere else at all ?

It is proving to be a little difficult to find somewhere out of the way and get permission to use.

Ehecatl
15-11-2015, 07:01 PM
If you're on FB, look up the group Beehive Bushcraft. I'm planning to hook up with them in December.

Cheers,

M@

Baldie121
15-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Not on face book I'm afraid, can't be doing with that, will look them up on tinternet though.

Thanks for the tip.

woodspirits
11-05-2016, 01:03 AM
just posted up a meet on England Mid if your still interested?

ingesson
14-05-2016, 09:15 PM
The meets are your best bet in the midlands... In my experience, most of the midlands seems to be lacking in green space that's open to public, or private woodland that's not 'locked down' in private ownership.
I use the midlands meets as a way of practicing bushcraft skills and meeting like minded people (and just enjoying some quiet time), i save the wild camping for places like dartmoor or wales.