PDA

View Full Version : Haglofs any advise ?

John_McC
27-12-2013, 08:53 AM
HI all hope you all had a enjoyable Christmas ? Had a nice bonus from work this year and by the time the taxman and SWMBO took their cut still got enough to invest in a new pair of boots. The ones I've been looking at are the Haglof solid Lite II GT boot
they're half price at the moment and look like a high spec boot but cant find many reviews on them any one had any experience with the boot/brand ?
Cheers John

David_JAFO
04-01-2014, 11:04 AM
hello,
John I have a pair of mountain/walking shoes 'HAGLÖFS CRAG' by HAGLÖFS http://www.haglofs.com/ I bought them in Glasgow reduced price a few years ago. Like any boot/shoe if you care for them, treat them with the proper dressing, they should be ok. The boots look like they're Nubuck? If I recall the boots I viewed were Nubuck (different colour) & the Pro Outdoor stores I viewed such in gave a good review of them. My 2p worth..
Regards
David

John_McC
04-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi David thanks for the reply, I ended up going to Cotswold's to look at these but they didn't have them in stock but did have a shoe/trainer (Vertigo II GT). After having my feet measured by a lovely young lady I was given a pair of the shoes to try on and instantly fell for them, the quality was superb and the feel on my feet just felt right! so ended up buying the shoe/trainer and ordering a pair of the boots based on the quality of the vertigo's. Well the shoes I've had a few days now and can say they are very comfortable and even after walking all day my feet felt fine and as a postie that is a very welcome relief compared to the crap CAT trainers supplied by work. The boots have now arrived but have not had a chance to try them out yet, but on first impressions look and feel very nice. They have an insole called "Sole" (around £30 on their own) which needs to go in the oven at 90'C and then back in the boot and on your feet to mould to your foot so that they give full support, once I've done this and treated the nubuck leather I'll report back on here as at £100 (half price) seems like a bargain not to be missed especially when you read the spec on these boots.

All best for now John

David_JAFO
04-01-2014, 06:12 PM
hello,
John you certainly have a bargain there. Cat Trainers hmmm.. jury's out on them I've tried these in Black with toe cap bought a pair a while back from Sports Direct ok for out n' about or work place. Great opportunity you being a Postie give you time to break your HAGLÖFS in on your rounds :wink:
Regards
David

Ivycledus
04-01-2014, 06:20 PM
I have had a pair of Crag GT shoes which were very comfortable and the soles lasted about 2 years.

I have a windproof fleece which I have had for about 5 years. The hem pull cord failed after about 4 years, so I emailed them to say I expected more of a "top" brand. They took the fleece back and repaired it FOC. Good as new again now. Very impressed with their customer service.

John_McC
04-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Yer starting to think I've got my self a good deal with these boots and if anyone wants to grab a pair either nubuck or leather cotswold (http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/haglofs-mens-solid-lite-ii-gt-boot-32110522?id_colour=123) still have them on offer (no connection to them) and only £100 (still half price). As to the CATs first batch we had at work lasted around six months the latest batch your lucky to get 1 to 2 months! I'm walking around 8miles a day outside in all weathers so will be a good test of the boots although don't think RM will pay for them so will only wear them to break them in then back to the CATs :(

John_McC
05-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the info Ivycledus just reaffirms what a bargain I hope I've got. :jumping-joy:

JEEP
05-01-2014, 04:26 PM
You rarely go wrong with anything from Haglöfs really.

Solid Lite II is one of the most commonly sold boots at the store.

John_McC
22-02-2014, 11:08 AM
well have had the boots some time now and am very please with them, done a couple of walks of around 20miles or so and must say my feet did not suffer one bit. They preformed well in the mud and water and clean up well once I got home. The memory foam in the ankle support felt comfortable with just enough grip but with out being over tight and as to the insole they felt odd to start with but after a while you really did appreciate how much more the foot was supported. So all in all very pleased with them and would recommend these boots and at the sale price a bargain too. T^