PDA

View Full Version : An interesting find...

Stevie B
18-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Took the little one out for a walk recently and stumbled across this;

Cunningly disguised from above and the side

Lola first to investigate

And first to lay claim!

Very homely looking

It's two separate booths, anyone any ideas on it's use?
Cheers folks

David_JAFO
18-01-2014, 04:08 PM
hello Stevie,
Pending where the location is, maybe a Estate Caretakers hut or part of a Estate summer house? There's a few wee gems like so in South Lanarkshire (surmising that's where you were?) :wink: Nice find anyway could be used for an over night sleep kit cache'.
Regards
David

Stevie B
18-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Hi David,

Good shout, it's on the grounds of Daldowie Crematorium, previously an historic house of Stewart of Minto and Boyle of Daldowie fame.
So, either could be true.

Would love to spend a night or two here but it's possibly not the best option given it's location.

saxonaxe
18-01-2014, 05:41 PM
That's interesting Stevie, and two separate booths. Wonder why? Facilities for Victorian Ladies and Gents walking/visiting the estate grounds perhaps? Would make a great hard weather overnight shelter.

Ashley Cawley
18-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Interesting, looks like some crude detail around the doors and windows. Thanks for sharing.

Tigger004
18-01-2014, 08:49 PM
That's great looking place, I agree it would make a great overnighter site

David_JAFO
19-01-2014, 04:49 AM
hello Stevie,
I know your location. I was across 2011 & 2012 near to the site bird watching, spotted an early visitor Honey Buzzard on route home from Glasgow by coach. Decided to jump off the next day at a nearby location with a guy from the RSPB. Nice find anyway. I looked up the history out of interest it does precede Daldowie Crematorium as thought. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daldowie
Regards
David :wink:

Hi David, Good shout, it's on the grounds of Daldowie Crematorium, previously an historic house of Stewart of Minto and Boyle of Daldowie fame. So, either could be true. Would love to spend a night or two here but it's possibly not the best option given it's location.

alvino78
19-01-2014, 11:28 AM
looks great!

Stevie B
24-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Well done on the detective work David - the wonders of t'interweb.
Think these computer things are really beginning to catch on!

markal17
25-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Cool find have to look out for huts near us

Jock719
18-02-2014, 04:37 PM
There are old charcoal burners huts on the hills near my house, long, long disused, both they make fine bothys. They are so far off the beaten track, you don't get disturbed. When im up next ill get a snap or two and get the daughter to put them on here!

OakAshandThorn
18-02-2014, 05:15 PM
T^ Great find, Stevie - you never know what you may discover in your local woods ;). A friend of mine (and amateur geologist) found a decently-sized cave in my area, perfectly concealed from most people...he nearly stumbled into it the first time.

Midge_Fodder
19-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I found an ww2 rifle range at my local woods. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. But finding huts and bothies always a good find. There's definitely a couple up Woodcockaire near me. I think they were used as part of the Hoddom estate at some point.