PDA

View Full Version : Tarp Shelter Fireplace

Stevie B
25-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi guys, found this online and felt the compulsion to share with you.
Definitely NOT something I'd like to try but an interesting watch. There's some crazy folk out there with some crazy ideas but each to their own.

Perhaps in an extreme survival situation this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCQz9627EQ) might just be the best way of staying alive...

FishyFolk
25-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Do you have a link?

Tony1948
25-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Susan a forum member has done the same thing and posted a vidio on here some wair.

Tony1948
25-01-2014, 11:10 AM
ha Rune the links in the bottom line.:jumping-joy:

Stevie B
25-01-2014, 11:28 AM
lol, here's the link Rune; (well spotted Tony)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCQz9627EQ

Paul De Fitter
25-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I love that bloke, I've been watching him for a few years now, what a nutter :happy-clapping:

Stevie B
25-01-2014, 01:04 PM
I love that bloke, I've been watching him for a few years now, what a nutter :happy-clapping:

Honestly I could switch the screen off and just enjoy his accent and his constant giggling to himself!

Adam Savage
26-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Susan a forum member has done the same thing and posted a vidio on here some wair.

I know a guy that has done the same thing too. seemed to work ok.

Skate
27-01-2014, 06:53 AM
That would be me then :)
It works really well. Just remember to keep the fire small!
The temperature change is almost instant :)

rik_uk3
27-01-2014, 07:39 AM
I've watch a lot of his videos and enjoyed them, he's not perfect and no BS.

Adam Savage
27-01-2014, 07:52 AM
That would be me then :)
It works really well. Just remember to keep the fire small!
The temperature change is almost instant :)

I didn't want to name fingers, and point names :p

Rasputin
27-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Been subbed to Dave for years, hes dead straight no edited out fails and defo no Bull, he knows some of the weirdest friction fire techniques known to man. His accent and mannerism has me howling but alas thanks to google he doesnt reply to comments any more. Said it b4 I HATE google.

Adam Savage
27-01-2014, 12:22 PM
thanks to google he doesnt reply to comments any more. Said it b4 I HATE google.

Yeah, I couldn't reply to comments for ages with my channel. Found out it's the cookies. You need to allow all cookies for YouTube to work properly, but after a week or so your browser will recognise the legit cookies, and you can switch back to auto mode.

Chubbs
27-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Been subbed to Dave for years, hes dead straight no edited out fails and defo no Bull, he knows some of the weirdest friction fire techniques known to man. His accent and mannerism has me howling but alas thanks to google he doesnt reply to comments any more. Said it b4 I HATE google.

I have been subbed to his channel for eighteen months or so now. The stuff he churns out is amazing. Just a shame he doesn't do so many vids nowadays due to work.

love his accent.

Rasputin
28-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I couldn't reply to comments for ages with my channel. Found out it's the cookies. You need to allow all cookies for YouTube to work properly, but after a week or so your browser will recognise the legit cookies, and you can switch back to auto mode.

No Adam, I can comment on his channel but he wont comment back because googles latest money spinner is, he has to link you tube to google + to make a comment back and like me he refuses to sign up to that BBBS, Hes even disabled his facebook page. I can however still send and rec private messages , ATB Ken This vid explains it...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMooiTlxUAs I'll say it again I HATE google, with a passion

Rasputin
28-01-2014, 10:41 AM
I have been subbed to his channel for eighteen months or so now. The stuff he churns out is amazing. Just a shame he doesn't do so many vids nowadays due to work.

love his accent. T^

Adam Savage
28-01-2014, 10:53 AM
No Adam, I can comment on his channel but he wont comment back because googles latest money spinner is, he has to link you tube to google + to make a comment back and like me he refuses to sign up to that BBBS, Hes even disabled his facebook page. I can however still send and rec private messages , ATB Ken This vid explains it...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMooiTlxUAs I'll say it again I HATE google, with a passion

My YouTube account has always been linked to Google, and I've never had to go to Google plus. They did change all the cookies though, so browsers no longer recognise YouTube cookies, without being "trained" to.

Rasputin
28-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Dont know the answer to that Adam, maybe its a different format in the US

Adam Savage
28-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Maybe. Google certainly hasn't helped with the new changes though. Not just the commenting part either