PDA

View Full Version : Going out this weekend?

comanighttrain
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm heading up Tarbet, just a wee practice hike and camp with my mate. So excited though first of the year :D.

anyone else heading out?

Martin
03-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Hoping that the weather is good and we can get out on Sunday to find these elusive razor clams. Porthpean Beach has been suggested as a good spot.

We will see!!!!

Martin

GaryBeaner
03-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Oh razor clams!
You'll have to let us know how you get on with that. I still haven't been to the coast recently.

Roadkillphil
03-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Hmmm, I may have a nosey down Porthpean on sunday with the kids, maybe a coupla hours before low tide.
I found this today http://www.shim.bc.ca/species/razorclm-2.htm Porthpean and surrounding area fit the coastal profile. Like I mentioned, Ive found plenty of razor shells there on a few occasions and if there aint none :o, then theres plenty of other good foraging and rockpooling at the southside.
Worth a day out on the coast anyhows. :D

Martin
03-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey Phil, Ashley was saying he may join me down there, and have sent Matt a PM to see if he can make it, although he hasn't come back to me yet. Will let you know if we are going to meet up down there.

If I remember rightly, you live further down west don't you?

Martin

Roadkillphil
03-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Hey Phil, Ashley was saying he may join me down there, and have sent Matt a PM to see if he can make it, although he hasn't come back to me yet. Will let you know if we are going to meet up down there.

If I remember rightly, you live further down west don't you?

Martin

I live in St Columb, It'd be cool to meet up. I'll have to check plans for Sunday, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able. My wife works on a sunday, so I usually take the kids for a coastal plundering :D

On Sat I've got a 9.5 mile walk from Newquay to St Columb via Mawgan porth and all the pubs on the way :happy-clapping: I'm saving ££ by :campfire: cooking en route too. Hopefully I wont be too badgered from that expedition for sunday:D

All the best

phil