PDA

View Full Version : My Very Own Survival Pocket Book - Free give away.

KieranBroadfield
28-02-2014, 02:40 AM
Hi Guys,

I am putting together, a pocket survival guide for sale here in New Zealand. I would like to give some copies away to the NBC community, which I can either email as an eBook once it is complete (in about 3 weeks), or post via air-mail anywhere around the world, which is under £2 from here in Auckland.

here is a quote from my website to explain a little:

"Here at Rural Survival, we have been working hard on producing a 'go anywhere' pocket book, packed full of information regarding Survival Skills and Equipment. When finished this will include information on the following:
Fire
Food
Shelter
Water
Survival Tools
and more...
Although New Zealand may be one of the most beautiful countries in the world, it still should not be taken lightly. More people die in New Zealand whilst fishing, than any other sport!

Unfortunately, every year people die in New Zealand whilst tramping and hiking. The most common cause is drowning, rivers and streams rise very rapidly in New Zealand, beautiful mountains can turn in to deadly 'water slides' within minutes. Also, New Zealand being so vast, people often get very lost whilst out in the bush, they then panic, run around and become over exposed, hungry, exhausted. It's always advised to stay calm, not to panic, and build a shelter if you're going to be out all night.

Within the first 6 months of me living in New Zealand, I had heard 5 different stories of people passing away whilst out in the bush, one man being a very experienced hiker from the UK.

Also, make sure you tell a friends where you plan to go, as well as when you plan to be back. Don't forget to sign your name in to the intentions book at every DoC hut you visit. Not doing this could be the difference between life and death.

YOU don't want to become another statistic. Stay smart when out in the bush.

I am hoping that by constructing this small book, I will be able to help people out in New Zealand, especially those who are new to the country, who may not realise what they may be getting themselves in to.

In the very near future, we will also release an Alpine orientated Survival Guide, aimed specifically at New Zealand's South Island."

Also, I would like to mention, before it is printed, if any of you guys have any suggestions for the book, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know on this thread, or email me (http://www.ruralsurvival.co.nz/contact-us) :)

Kieran.

Midge_Fodder
02-03-2014, 01:13 AM
After I get paid I'll take one, and give you feed back if you want.

KieranBroadfield
02-03-2014, 05:50 AM
After I get paid I'll take one, and give you feed back if you want.
don't worry about paying, I'll PM you

tent peg
02-03-2014, 07:47 AM
hi kieran! Will this book have a definate kiwi slant? that would be really interesting for me as I have relatives in NZ that I plan to visit!

KieranBroadfield
02-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Sure will, it'll be written using New Zealand examples, and written in kiwi-english haha

tent peg
02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
cool, sounds interesting... let me know when its ready and how much for postage!

KieranBroadfield
02-03-2014, 08:36 AM
I will PM you some info :)

Midge_Fodder
02-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Grand bud