PDA

View Full Version : Marttiini Knives

Fletching
09-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Anyone got one, any good?

I'm rather taken with the 'Marttiini Take knife' but want your input if you have one/used one.

http://www.scandinavianoutdoorstore.com/en/tyokalut/puukot/takepuukko-visa/

Steve

JEEP
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Marttiini knives are generally very good. I haven't got any myself - but I have a small Marttiini Explorer on the way.

I handled the Take knife last time I visited our supplier. It is clearly a knife made with bushcraft in mind; the full tang construction, reinforced handle and broad spine makes this knife ideal for batoning and and other demanding tasks.
Bear in mind though; this i a very heavy knife - and, for me at least, the balance of it feels odd. I would also, due to the way the handle is reinforced, expect the knife to be rather uncomfortable to grip while chopping and batoning.

Fletching
09-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Marttiini knives are generally very good. I haven't got any myself - but I have a small Marttiini Explorer on the way.

I handled the Take knife last time I visited our supplier. It is clearly a knife made with bushcraft in mind; the full tang construction, reinforced handle and broad spine makes this knife ideal for batoning and and other demanding tasks.
Bear in mind though; this i a very heavy knife - and, for me at least, the balance of it feels odd. I would also, due to the way the handle is reinforced, expect the knife to be rather uncomfortable to grip while chopping and batoning.

I've got 'mini me' hands - would that make it more comfortable or less comfortable? As for weight, not particularly bothered about that.

Steve

JEEP
09-02-2011, 02:25 PM
The handle is quite average in size. I do not think the size of you hands matters much here - as long as they are not really tiny.

Tony1948
09-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice looking knife for the price steve

Fletching
09-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, looks pretty sturdy Tony.