PDA

View Full Version : Wirral/Merseyside meet

ammo
31-03-2014, 01:50 PM
A few of the local lads are meeting up on April 12th,on the Wirral peninsula. A chance to meet more like minded people, from our locality. Share skills, learning, and socialize. Should be decent. 12 acres of mixed woodland, for us to enjoy. Archery, Fire craft, a woodland walk with the senior instructor. I will know at the weekend whether we can camp. I've already said £5 pp per night.
Hope to see you there fellas. All are welcome.
Ammo.

alvino78
31-03-2014, 03:46 PM
meeting for a camp or a chat in a car park/pub? lol

ammo
31-03-2014, 04:34 PM
No it will be on one of my permissions. Hopefully on the 12 acre mixed woodland, where i assist on the courses. If not on my other smaller permission. I live 500 meters from the coast on the Wirral peninsula we could always do a coastal forage.
Basically with a positive attitude and some enthusiasm. We can all learn from each other.
Hopefully see you there.
meeting for a camp or a chat in a car park/pub? lol

alvino78
31-03-2014, 05:02 PM
No it will be on one of my permissions. Hopefully on the 12 acre mixed woodland, where i assist on the courses. If not on my other smaller permission. I live 500 meters from the coast on the Wirral peninsula we could always do a coastal forage.
Basically with a positive attitude and some enthusiasm. We can all learn from each other.
Hopefully see you there.
sounds good any other details or are you just testing numbers first?

Valantine
31-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Count me in T^

ammo
31-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Just had confirmation. 12 acres available for us on the 12th April. I will be able to confirm whether we can camp at the weekend, but I've just been told that should be fine.
It's just a day or overnight meet, I don't expect the numbers to grow too big. Never been to a meet with more than 25 people there at one time. Normally I seem to find 7-15 around the camp fire.
Met a few local lads at meets in Wales, Dartmoor, Yorkshire. Nice to meet a few on our doorstep.

ammo
31-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Nice one Al. Look forward to seeing you fireside. Bring some of the North Wales bushcrafters with you.
Count me in T^

Valantine
31-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Nice one Al. Look forward to seeing you fireside. Bring some of the North Wales bushcrafters with you.

Will do my best even if it means by :guns:

freedom
31-03-2014, 08:07 PM
I'll be there on the day time only pal

ammo
01-04-2014, 08:00 AM
No probs mate. Be good to catch up with you. Won't be a patch on our last adventure, but a good chance to meet some of the local lads. Without going miles away.

woodsman
01-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Might be able to make the day, but can't do the night - going to support a mate playing in his band.

ammo
03-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Be good to see you there mate. You always make us all so welcome, when we visit. Love the chance to repay your kindness mate.
Might be able to make the day, but can't do the night - going to support a mate playing in his band.

ammo
05-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Guy's this meet is sadly cancelled.
I was at the camp today. We had the council round, over planning permission for 3 bushcraft shelters we made. A footpath official, and a dog walker, trespassing filming us and our camp.
The land owner has asked for a couple of weeks.
We will sort something soon.
ATB.
Ammo.

Valantine
06-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Damned do-gooders :guns:

Blood
07-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Wtf! It'll be 'elff n safety next!!

Midge_Fodder
07-04-2014, 11:20 PM
All, get in your motors book a few days off and meet me at Gretna Services. I am fortunate enough to live where that isn't a problem at all. Hope you get something sorted out, ATB Shug

Rasputin
08-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Guy's this meet is sadly cancelled.
I was at the camp today. We had the council round, over planning permission for 3 bushcraft shelters we made. A footpath official, and a dog walker, trespassing filming us and our camp.
The land owner has asked for a couple of weeks.
We will sort something soon.
ATB.
Ammo.

Only permanent structures require PP and you can use your own land to camp/ caravan for up to 10 days a year without problem, of course there are local bye laws that can apply !

Valantine
08-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Only permanent structures require PP and you can use your own land to camp/ caravan for up to 10 days a year without problem, of course there are local bye laws that can apply !

But you still can't prosecute trespassers in UK and in the US such evidence would not be admissible :confused:

Midge_Fodder
08-04-2014, 10:15 AM
I'd have them charged on the filming you, the law states that it is illegal to film you, without release paperwork, using portable cameras. If it was CCTV then it would be legal, but to film somebody directly is actually illegal. That's why CCTV has signs up telling you it's there so you have the option to leave.

Valantine
08-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Good point T^